Kitchen Planning & Renovation
92 Oakdale Rd North York ON M3N 1V9
Kitchen Planning & Renovation

Reviews for Oakdale Kitchens Ltd A Div Of 471707 Ont Ltd

The kitchen looks amazing!

The kitchen looks amazing! The cabinets and drawers are beautifully designed and no scratches were found! They were extra careful during delivery. They made sure the cabinets were put down carefully, just in case they scratched my newly hardwood maple floors. The service was excellent (especially the installer name Johnny Tran). He was extremely kind and patient. :) Love the service! Definitely recommend

Private User reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

Built-Ins

Oakdale Kitchens and Marco recently installed the Built-Ins in my home, I must say; this company is amazing! The attention to detail was incredible. The attention I received was amazing and the workmanship with exquisit! I would highly recommend this company if you want to feel good about where you spend your money! I'd take the quality any day!
Thank you Marco and Oakdale!

Sue  in Orangeville
Sue in Orangeville
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

New home ( kitchen cabinetry was subcontracted to Oakdale kitchens)

416-741-1122
92 Oakdale Rd
North York
M3N 1V9

I want to compliment one of Oakdale kichens staff. His name is Rick from service department, I called Rick 3 times the same day asking different questions about my new kitchen, every time I call Rick, he went great lengths to help by answering my question. He was very polite and patient ( even though I called him 3 times the same day). I have to say that I always received good quality of service from Oakdale Kichens and Rick extended help is prime example.
Thank you ( Sue from Bradford Rosehaven home owner)

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Builder kitchen and vanity cabinets

My kitchen was through the builder. 1 year old.
Customer service. Nice people when you walk through the door. Once you get there product in home. Oakdale kitchen customer service becomes 0. They make appointment and don't show up. My door was removed for almost six months for them to match colours. ( be careful ur work is not around holidays. You may not get door back. ) They are rude. (Rick). The owner not willing to address customer concerns or complaints. Careless attitude. Overall I recommend they seek an consultant for training on customer service, communication and punctuality.

Construction of cabinet. All my hinges become loose frequently. So they require frequent maintenance from home owners. In even doors and the trims peel easily. Construction of doors are weak.

Installation. It's true they don't show up. Punctuality is poor and of course! Communication to homeowner when delays arise. Careless behaviour from staff (Rick) I believe he is service manager.

Overall. The quality of kitchen delivered in my home is of poor quality. It would be nice if Oakdale kitchen took pride in their cabinets to deliver quality to reduce the obvious customer service concern shared by many. Many homeowner in my development share same concerns of cheap hardware that become loose or stiff tracks.

I hope that Oakdale kitchen reads these reviews contacting customers to resolve concerns current and past customers share.

In addition, customers should update there review to reflect the true identity of Oakdale kitchen and there staff.

Not only did my kichen cabinets have issues so did 2/3 bathroom vanity.

At this time I recommend that potential customers do your homework prior to signing a contract as you too may be writing a similar review

Your truly 1 year old kitchen.

Charles from North York
Charles from North York
2 reviews North York, ON

New House Construction

In our newly built home, we subcontracted Oakdale to do built-ins for family room, den, and bathroom vanities. This was the worst decision we made while building the house. The salesman (Benji) promised delivery on a certain date, and was 2 weeks late, which was a minor nuisance, but one that we could cope with. The real problems occurred when the installer (Carlos) showed up on the job. He was an absolute butcher. He destroyed pre-existing walls and crown moulding while (poorly) installing the cabinets. Several of the cabinets were damaged during the install, and were of poor overall quality. When I saw how badly things were done, calls to Benji eventually resulted in somebody higher up the food chain surveying the damage. They sent another installer (forget his name - he was great!) to fix as many problems as he could. The problem is that some damage could not be undone. Frequent calls to Benji went unanswered until finally, he and his boss came by the house to see the final product. We told him we were not happy - cabinets of poor quality, terrible installation with drawers sticking, and damage to crown moulding/drywall needed to be addressed. Benji and his boss shook our hand and promised they would take care of it. That was over 6 months ago. Frequent calls to ask how they were going to fix the damage were not answered. We had to hire a plaster subcontractor to fix the crown moulding and drywall damage while paying out of pocket.
Bottom line - Oakdale had bad customer service, bad quality of product, and terrible installation. I wish I never called them. I am so thankful we didn't ask them to build our kitchen.

O. Hawk in Richmond hill
O. Hawk in Richmond hill
1 review RICHMOND HILL, ON

New Kitchen and bathroom

Our new house has Oakdale Kitchens as the subcontractors. The pre-delivery inspection showed the kitchen to have cracked cupboards, chips, water damaged gables, sloppy installation, loose cabinets, nails sticking out, poor measurements, and mismatched hardware.. Upon pocession, 4 different reps from Oakdale came, however 3 months later they have not replaced the cupboards. When a service person came to install a new cupboard, he ended up doing more damage, and required to have it ordered again. They leave a mess after coming by and miss scheduled appts. Very poor quality and workmanship and very poor service!
(My previous home had a custom kitchen by Oakdale kitchens that was very well done. Perhaps because the work was supervised by an architect. Unfortunately, Oakdale kitchens this time has been terrible.)

Xiaoguang Huang in Mississauga
Xiaoguang Huang in Mississauga
2 reviews THORNHILL, ON

Kitchen renovate

We recently renovated our kitchen with Oakdale kitchens, change countertop to grantie, upgrade carbinet, change floor tiles, install a peninsula breakfast bar etc. The job they did is good, although made mistaken, as not stick to the plan we have agreed, but prompt to correct it. Overall we are satisfied with the job they did with our kitchen.

Kay in the GTA
Kay in the GTA
5 reviews ,

New Home - Builder's Supplier of Kitchens

We recently took possession of our new home. The kitchen and bathroom cabinetry was subcontracted to Oakdale Kitchens.

We put in a lot of upgrades to the kitchen since these are difficult to do later. We visited Oakdale's showroom so we could see some different options - the showroom is very small. They told us that they mostly work for builders. Not a lot to see. We asked for a few features our last kitchen had (Barzotti) and they said they could not even do that - no knowledge or expertise. We were asking for pull out spice cabinets. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff. How about slow close cabinet doors? Sorry.

The work that has been done is definitely builder quality - that's not a compliment. We paid extra for slow close drawers - most are so sticky that they require force to open and close. The particleboard shelves they installed are full of nicks. The cabinet doors are solid maple, but the cabinetry box is so cheap - the dark laminate barely matches the door faces.

The screws holding on the hardware on the pantry doors are not counter set so they are nicking the cabinet box every time you close the door. Oakdale's solution - they ripped off small bits of plastic bumper - why cut it so it's looks neat - and covered the nicks. Great.

If you buy a new house and the kitchen is by Oakdale, you're stuck. If you are renovating, steer clear of this mediocre company. There are many other quality cabinet makers out there - not this bargain factory that just pumps out the kitchens for builders.

mike in Woodbridge
mike in Woodbridge
1 review WOODBRIDGE, ON

kitchen renovation

First, they promised to get the kitchen ready in 1 month, but it took them 3 months.
Secondly, they just could not get the dimension of the cabinet for my built in oven right, they tried twice and failed both times, this is one year after and I still dont have my kitchen cabinets complete
Customer service sucks so bad, you call and leave messages and they never return your call
My last encounter, one of their staff was supposed to come to my house to take measurement for the cabinet they have messed up twice but he never showed up
Do not be fooled. Unfortunately, my builder chose them, and I've had to deal witht them, it's been such a frustrating and bad experience

dundasrick
dundasrick
1 review Dundas, ON

kitchen reno

Small job but well done. They did some repair work on the cupboards, sanding the doors and painting them out a different colour. We were very pleased with the results and would recommend them to any one considering them to do some work.