Molly Maid Toronto North

Reviews for Molly Maid Toronto North

silverwoman
silverwoman

House cleaning

Very stressful, almost shocking experience. I booked 3 hour service, showed the person in-charge everywhere in the house to clean. I went to a zoom meeting in the basement, came upstairs in an hour to the main floor where I said I would meet him. Shocked to be told by my daughter that they left. When I called the office, the person on the phone said the worker “couldn’t reach me, he tried over and over again”, nobody came downstairs to knock on the door, no call, email or text. The worker decided he didn’t need to stay because my house was reported to be “impeccably clean”, which is only further insult to their judgement. My bedroom carpet wasn’t even vacuumed, the bathroom wasn’t clean, nothing on the main floor was even touched, not the living room, dining room, bathroom, entranceway or hallways. Nothing in the basement. I called the office, no answer but left a message telling them not to touch my credit card until we had spoken. When I spoke to the office the next morning, the person was insulting, self-righteous and blaming. In all my years, I’ve never had a cleaning person or company leave without doing the job I showed them to, never mind justifying it by claiming my house was clean enough! Outrageous. I blocked my credit card, which I’ve never done before, to prevent him from charging me. I got a notice from a collection agency that Molly Maid was going after a charge BUT, they were actually giving me a break because they were only charging me for 1 hour instead of 1 and a half hours. The woman I spoke to was very understanding, I told her I have a perfect credit rating, always have and, no matter what, I will not give that company 10 cents.
Oh, and I had told the cleaner I wanted them to use my products and showed him, of course, where all supplies and tools are. Not only did he use their products, I later found them in my bedroom! Enraging. Disgusting.

J-Hal in Old Toronto
J-Hal in Old Toronto

Did not do what they Garenteed- cleaning residue got pet sick

-pet got very sick from residues left around, vomiting,excessive drooling
-left a whole 1/4 of the house untouched
-left after 45 mins,stood around for first 15 to chat
-called them due to being in hospital earlier that month and was still sick, i do a better cleaning, spent 3 hours going back over everything
-They didn't clean under bed,desk,couch
-counters left with bleach product cleaner on them
-paid over 100 dollars and left tip as i had to go out for a while, left long before the paid time and left all shelves un-dusted.
-i cleaned most of the place the day before they arrived really needed the baseboards and mouldings wiped down which owner and i discussed prior was not done
-Also advised i needed the bed and couch moved for a thorough clean and it was not done.
-after reading reviews realized no point complaining as the company refuses to take ownership (i live alone and this was a big expense for me)
-will never use this service again, have told everyone i know to not use this company and have saved multiple people from wasting money, other people i know advised the same experience happened to them.

Only positive ill give is the owner was very nice when i first spoke to him and the two girls that came out were very nice and had great interpersonal communication skills. Sadly cleaning skills is what i paid for. My mom told me same thing happened to her when she used them years ago.

My place is a one bedroom apartment under 1000 square feet.

Himali in Toronto
Himali in Toronto

Move in cleaning service

This was the most unprofessional cleaning service I have ever experienced. The cleaners arrived over 40 minutes late. They rushed through the job in under an hour and a 1/2. When I returned to do an inspection of the condo they were packed up and waiting outside. I was given just a few moments to look through quickly. Upon closer inspection I found dust, marks on the floor, dirt on blinds, shelving and other areas. When I asked about some dirt I noticed in the kitchen area I was simply told I could just roll it up and throw it out. Never again will I use Molly Maid service
I would discourage anyone from using this terrible service. It is a RIP off!

Benjamin in Toronto
Benjamin in Toronto

Terrible customer service

Horrible customer service and even worse cleaning care. For the amount they charge the space should be sparkling regardless of the faults or unfixable blemishes. I would not recommend this company or put anyone through what I just went through with molly maid. Take your business elsewhere. This is what they call clean and only some of the spots they “cleaned”

Molly Maid Speed Cleaning

I am disappointed in Molly Maid. The first thorough clean was awesome, but subsequently, the team would frequently do a speed clean and leave after 30 minutes. Instead of being thorough, they just wanted to get in and out as fast as possible, often leaving a couple of areas less than stellar.

Not Worth it

Molly Maid is expensive for what you get. The Maids do as little as possible in the time allowed and even try to use your soap (they are supposed to bring their own supplies). I hired someone else and they do they same things the maids were supposed to do within the same time frame, but only one person!

The owner claims to track the maids using GPS. But also, be aware. The maids know this and will show up and "sit" in the car for a while before coming to your house.

Save your money and hire someone else who will actually do the work!

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Worse Service

I am very disappointed in the service that Molly Maids provided me. The cleaning was of poor taste. When damage was done to my floor when removing duct tape that was on there, they ripped out the final finish on my T molding and said they weren't taking liability for it. I had to go back and forth with them and the only thing they kept saying was, "we are not taking liability for it, how do we know that damage wasn't there already".

Very poor service on their part. If you are a reputable company, then taking liability should be something you guys take pride in so customers like myself would never have to worry about anything. It cost me time and money to fix this out of my own pocket. I would NEVER use them again.

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Very poor cleaning; not cost efficient.

We don't have a big house.... three bedrooms, two full baths, a kitchen, dining room and living room with a basement. I came home to their finished service (my mother was around with my daughter while they were cleaning) and was thoroughly disappointed. They did not clean the walls of the upstairs bathroom (still had soapy grime) and barely windex'd the bathroom mirror. My mother said they barely vacuumed the living room rug (didn't move bags or toys out of the way to clean underneath them) and didn't clean our glass coffee table. They had three people and were there from 2-3 pm. Our master bedroom rug was not vacuumed at all and there was still a lot of dust just inside of our master bedroom closet. They did clean our stove top; but didn't touch the inside of the oven, microwave or toaster. I don't even think they cleaned the kitchen sink. My mother also noticed that they used some of our cleaner, when they state that they bring their own products. VERY disappointed with their service. Will never use them again and recommend that people NOT use them either.

MOLLY MAID DOWTOWN TORONTO

After having used Molly Maid approximately 3x and being satisfied with the services they provided, I decided to surprise my husband while we were out of town for a few days with a clean condo to return to. While we were away, we received a text that stated that they were in our unit and the water had been shut down and so they tried their very best to clean our home without water. They also stated that they would have to charge and extra half hour of time for the extra work .We replied "ok" as we are reasonable people.

When we returned home, we quickly came to learn that nobody had ever been to our condo. In fact everything was exactly where we left it- including my toddlers crumbs on the floor before we left. Never mind the cover story about the water not working, no vacuuming or dusting had been done which was stated in the list of requests. we soon came to learn that if there WERE water issues in our unit, it would have been a building- wide issue.

They were unsophisticated enough to NOT know that all condos have security videos at the front desk which monitor all comings and goings to which they were NEVER present for at ANY time.

Worst of all, when I called the franchise owner MARLA at the downtown Toronto location to make my claim, she was rude and defensive in emails and even hung up on my husband. She also told me that I should "stop calling". We have proof and just like guilty people do... they defend and flee.

I have never written a complaint in my life, but also have never felt so violated and treated so poorly as a paying customer. Once we notified her of the video proof , she ended by saying that WE were not welcomed to use THEIR services anymore.... HA!

So beware!!! MOLLY MAID DOWNTOWN employs disloyal staff who charge without cleaning!

cleaning service

I contacted Molly maid and found it next to impossible to connect and get a price quote. Maria Milberg the francise owner was back and forth with me with emails and phone calls. She did not come to see the bungalow I live in and when I finally did connect with her, she said she didn't need to see it to quote a price. She then said to me that we had done business before in 2013 and that I had complained about the service so she would not come to clean my homs as she did not want to make me unhappy.INstead of saying that she was sorry to hear that her service was not satisfactory , she refused to make things better by coming and doing a better job. I could then perhaps keep them as my cleaning service. I have never heard of a company refusing a job because a customer had comp;ained 3 years ago about something that perhaps needed to be addressed before payment.

More about Molly Maid Toronto North

Always thorough, consistent and reliable, MOLLY MAID, your local cleaning company, offers affordable, stress-free house cleaning services. We provide a fully customized and guaranteed cleaning service to meet your individual needs. Contact us today; you'll love coming home to a clean house!
Looking for House & Apartment Cleaning pros in Toronto?