HomeStars  >  Fireplaces in Toronto  >  Marsh's Stoves & Fireplaces

Reviews for Marsh's Stoves & Fireplaces

Dawn D.

I bought a gas fireplace 9 years ago from Marsh’s. I had a concern with what I thought were fumes from glue used on the mantle. Even though I was no longer in the system, Alan came out to my house within hours of calling to check my fireplace personally. This is just incredible customer service. I can say with absolute certainty that this is a company that you want to deal with. I have never had such exceptional service. He even took me to the side of the house to check the venting.

From our first visit to their showroom, the staff at Marsh's were incredibly helpful and informative. Their depth of knowledge and breadth of expertise were evident from the moment we started asking questions, to their detailed analysis and measurements of our specific home requirements, through to the installation process and follow-up several weeks later to ensure everything turned out as promised. Exceptional customer service, and a wonderfully quick and easy experience. Would highly recommend! Thank you so much - we love our fireplace!!

Zoe in Toronto
1 review Boucherville, PQ

Unfortunate experience. We purchased a fireplace, and when they came to install it, they had brought the wrong model. We were assured they would return to install the correct/missing pieces. After a few weeks they showed up again, and 'installed' the correct pieces. Only my elderly grandmother was home at the time. They did not actually install anything, they just placed a piece in front of the fireplace, which is unattached to anything. It often falls over and creates loud banging sounds when touched. They also did not remove the old piece which is incorrect, it is still there today. (You can see both pieces in the image below).
Additionally, they needed to add a piece of metal to avoid a 'floating' effect. This piece was also just slid underneath the fireplace, unattached.
The company never finished the job, and has not responded to our requests to have them return to install these pieces.
It seems to me they took advantage of an elderly person being the only person home at the time, and now do not want to fix their mistake.
Way too expensive for an unfinished job and lazy communication. We are very disappointed.

MK in Etobicoke

It’s rare that from the sales process to the installation that the process is so seamless. I was particularly impressed with the installation team. They were quick, efficient and very clean in their implementation. They were also knowledgeable in demonstrating how the unit works and answering my questions. I’d recommend Marsh’s to my friends in a heart beat. Alan you can be proud you’ve got an amazing team!
mk

Tony in Toronto

We had a gas fireplace installed by the developer in our new condo. The fireplace was not completed. We contacted Marsh's and have had as good a customer service experience as we could ever ask for. Despite this being the busiest time of the year for them, they went out of their way to make sure that our fireplace was ready for the holidays. I recommend them unequivocally. And amazing fireplaces on display.

Jason Archer from York

Excellent service overall. Beautiful products. Salesman came to my house for an initial visit, never felt rushed or pressured to make a decision. Fantastic installers sent to my house. They were clean and courteous.

SL in Toronto

We converted a wood burning fireplace to gas (we went with a Valor gas insert), which required extending the gas line outside, along the house. Our initial meeting wit the sales expert was very informative and reassuring, we felt he understood our concerns for a high-end finished product that didn't look like a retrofit. John and Derek, the installers, were excellent - very polite, attentive to details, and didn't damage any of the property while doing the job. The whole experience and finished product exceeded our expectations. We would highly recommend Marsh's.

Joe Woodbridge

Excellent products and service..

I took a drive out to the showroom and was impressed at the level of service and the amount of information I received from Robert. A few days later I called to schedule a time for a quote on site.

Alan came to the house, again I was impressed with the level of service and knowledge. He answered all our questions, directed us to what would be the best solution for each area and followed up with a detailed quote.

We had the Valor gas unit installed in the basement and the Regency wood on our main floor.

The installers were prompt, professional, and answered all our questions. All work areas were left neat and clean, and installers thoroughly explained how to use both units before they left. They also made us aware of some scratches on the inner bezel on the gas unit, said they made note of it, and let Alan know. Replacement was made promptly.

I would like to thank Alan and his team at Marsh's for a great experience and would not hesitate to recommend them or use them again in the future.

Sylvia Niewinski in Mississauga
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Our replacement Morso insert is a great product and both onsite and followup services were exceptional. Alan (company owner) is attentive, meticulous and goes over and above expectation. Highly recommended.

Dear Sylvia
I would like to thank you for your review.
Happy New Year

acvbedard in Toronto

Willem diagnosed and fixed our gas fireplace issue in no time at all while being professional, polite, and extremely knowledgable. This is a wonderful company that I highly recommend. Thank you so much!

More about Marsh's Stoves & Fireplaces

We service greater GTA for wood and gas stoves, fireplaces, inserts and European free-standing wood stoves. We have over 70 units on display with many gas burning displays as well as linear modern fireplaces by Town & Country, Marquis, Montigo, Valor, Regency and many more.