Laird & Son Heating & Air Conditioning

jpoolman2516 in Boston
jpoolman2516 in Boston

Replace 20 year old UNICO high velocity small duct A/C with newer model

VERY PLEASED- GREAT SERVICE- UNICO HIGH VELOCITY SYSTEM
Our 3 ton Unico HV blower and cooling is tucked away in the attic crawl space in our three story house. The 21 year old Unico system was hanging on but was getting weaker and leaking. Ron came by and gave us a fair estimate, Mark from the installation team scouted out the location. We had to create better access as the new system is larger. Mark and Alex and their teams were on site for 2 days taking out the old system, shoe horning in the new one, and installing the new compressor outside. Great quality work. Real fine young men on site. Knowldgeable, hard working, respectuful and polite. Were careful putting covers down and cleaning up. House is cold like a meat locker as my wife likes it. Highly recommend Laird and sons. Thanks for a great job!!

Frank
Frank

repair of a/c

I called Friday evening and Dan came to fix our Mitsubisji split system. Drain needed to be blown out. Dan did the job well and got our a/c going without the water leaks we had been having.

Thank you for coming quickly after normal business hours.

essabowser
essabowser

General Maintenance on Boiler, Tankless & HRV

This was my first time calling Laird & Son for a general maintenance call after having a bad experience working with the original installers of my system. They were willing to service my units despite not being the installers. Their communication was really great. They were transparent with pricing, and didn't charge me for a few small things they performed. They were also incredibly flexible when I had to reschedule twice. Their staff showed up on time and were incredibly courteous, and provided me with answers to all my questions and were very patient. I couldn't recommend them enough and will definitely be using them for all future HVAC services.

Its so nice of you to take the time to write this . we are so happy to have a new customer and look forward to working with you in the future . Have a lovely summer !

Please in Etobicoke
Please in Etobicoke

NEW FURNACE and PIPES INSTALL

To save time on my part, here is the a copy of the email I sent to "INQUIRES" with NO response (email was sent on Feb 11, 2020). Edited out names and street address from original email.

I am sending this email on behalf of my parents living in Scarborough. My parents had a NEW furnace installed on the 22nd January 2020. The furnace itself was installed with NO issues. However, there is an issue with the cold air intake pipe from the outside. I am including in this email thermal and regular pictures of the issue. The issue is where the cold intake pipe enters the house. It is NOT sealed correctly, both inside and out. There is a space between the pipe and wall that needs to be sealed correctly on the outside. The inside needs more sealant to cover the holes. Cold air is getting in; as I can feel a draft on the inside of the house once I take the insulation out. And when I do take the insulation out, I am finding it wet – from moisture/condensation. The solution that was given to my Dad was to add more insulation. This did NOT fix the issue, only to create MORE moisture/water and the insulation to become sopping wet in cold weather. I am puzzled as to how this passed inspection with all the holes not being sealed correctly and why it has not been corrected with my Dad’s complaints. There was a cover on the outside of the house that housed the old pipes and stopped any airflow into the house. My Dad was told that it could not be used for the new installation as it was not up to code. Now that you have the back ground information of the issues at hand, we have a few questions that I request a response back in an email:

1. How was the pipes installation able to pass inspection?

2. When will you be sending a specialist who pays attention to detail and ensures the job is done right and correctly, to fix the leaks inside and outside of the house, where the new pipes were installed?

3. Why can’t the old cover be used on the outside of the house (to cut out drafts) to house the new pipes, in relation to “the code” changing? (My Dad needs the cover back as it wasn’t to be taken away in the first place – thank you)

Please follow up with my parents and call them to set up an appointment so that this issue gets rectified and fixed for good. I trust that the right thing will be done and that this was all an oversight.

G

Dear sir, to be perfectly honest and fair this review is not indicative of the real situation and the review is unfair . The old Clair furnace cover that was outside is over 30 years old and cannot be used with new furnaces, codes have changed a lot in three plus decades. It is routine to remove old equipment and dispose of it for customers, you will find every company does this . You are right there was a very small leak outside letting a small amount of air through the seal , we are very sorry for that. Thank you and enjoy the new furnace sir !

Boiler Installation

Great upfront meetings. Agreed to down payment by credit card, balance by cheque when satisfied. Installation was sloppy & unsafe (e.g. gas pipe not supported) and not completed, the installer developed attitude. Then without my agreement they took the balance off my credit card, minus the cost of the rad not installed, and would not come back to complete, fix or inspect.

Sorry to hear about this happening our deepest apologies. I hope you spoke with the Installation. Manager and everything was rectified .

Michelle in Ottawa
Michelle in Ottawa

Air conditioning installation (and on going oil heating and maintenance)

They were very patient and informative regarding my project - I felt comfortable asking questions and confident with the answers I got. They were professional and reliable in all our dealings.

Thanks Michelle for this great review , glad to get both systems up and going for you . We value your ongoing relationship talk soon !

Siobhan in Toronto
Siobhan in Toronto

A/C Diagnosis & Repair

Nothing but glowing reviews from us here... Had the pleasure of speaking to Tracey this morning. She was very helpful and made magic happen so we could have a technician come to our place today. She was very thorough, friendly and understanding to our circumstances. Val arrived in the afternoon. He was amazing. After approximately 1 hr, we were up and running with cool air in our home on one heck of a hot day! He was thorough and walked us through the details of all the work executed. He also gave us an action plan for our home for the Fall & Spring. Thank you to our local Laird & Sons for a wonderful experience during a HOT circumstance. Highly recommend them. We will definitely be calling back for our annual maintenance on boiler and A/C!

So glad to hear everything went smooth from start to finish Siobhan!! We hope you and your family enjoy your summer.

Briar Riddell in Toronto
Briar Riddell in Toronto

Ductless Air Conditioner Installed

This company was very prompt to return our call and book an appointment for a quote. They arrived when promised for the estimate and arranged the installation date. Install date was as promised and the installers were extremely professional, talented and very nice. The quality of the install was excellent and they took great care of their work space and our home. The new AC is silent and works exceptionally well. Thank you for a job well done Laird and Son!

Thank you , we take great pride in our work we hope you enjoy your new AC Briar!

ann in Toronto
ann in Toronto

ductless A/C service

Laird & Son did the first annual maintenance of my ductless A/C. Charlie was quick, pleasant, informative and gave me useful info regarding the operation of the A/C ( & even fixed my jammed window)

We have made for ourselves over the many decades by doing stuff like this! Thanks so much for the wonderful review have a lovely summer !

More about Laird & Son Heating & Air Conditioning

Heating & Air Conditioning, Furnace Toronto

HOME COMFORT SINCE 1948
Family owned and operated for over 60 years, Laird & Son has stayed true to its founding principle: making sure that every customer is completely satisfied with our heating and air conditioning services.

"Laird & Son has always been 100% dedicated to customer service with trained and qualified service representatives,high quality products and proven incentives. As a third generation owner, it is my commitment to continue this tradition of product and service excellence."
Neil Laird, President, Owner