Kollegiate Lawn Care

Jay in Waterloo
Jay in Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

Lawn Service

I ok'd the start of their deluxe package to help our weed problem, but since it was later in the season, needed a quick start. I was told that they would spray "sometime next week", and once the week passed (and the charge appeared on my visa), we called. We were told it should happen "early next week, probably Monday". When you set an expectation with a client, you need to follow through. If you aren't going to perform the service when you say, you need to communicate with the client. The person who answered the phone said "well, I'd have to call 200 people if we called everyone to notify them". I told her that wasn't really my problem, and she can cancel my service. Now, I've waited over 2 weeks, and am told they are sending a refund cheque rather than crediting my visa.
I've hired [another company], and the lawn is already looking better. And the price is about $100 less, and includes airation, which was $73 or so with Kollegiate.
Thank you for the terrible service - you saved me money!
-- edited later -- It's now over a month, and I keep getting told they are mailing me a cheque. We're considering legal action as we have no way of knowing if they are ever planning on returning our $355.

Mike in Cambridge
Mike in Cambridge
4 reviews Cambridge, ON

Lawn Care

We've been using Kollegiate for two years and they did a really good bringing our lawn back from the dead after it was decimated by a long dry summer. We used their delux package which is about $350 for our lawn. My only complaint was that they seemed to be a bit disorganized and charge too much for aeration, which we have skipped this year.