Drapery & Curtains

Reviews for Kamfair Drapes Inc

C.L. from Markham
C.L. from Markham

Eclipse Shutters by Kamfair Drapes

I've always wanted to have California / Plantation interior shutters, so I started to do my research online. After visiting hundreds of websites, sending countless emails, and visiting many stores and manufacturing facilities, I decided that I specifically wanted a more premium product: Eclipse Shutters. The cheaper looking aesthetic and lower quality construction of other competitor products simply did not compare.

From there, I emailed every major Eclipse Shutters dealer in our area and waited for responses. I quickly learned that there are 2 different methods in how most respond: some provide you with a proper preliminary quote (Yes! Thank you!) and others do the equivalent of a sky-high initial number with the buy-now-and-save-huge tactic (I'm not a fan of this method at all).

As you can tell, I am quite particular and had a very specific aesthetic that I was aiming for. Thankfully, I found Kamfair Drapes and they were perfect from beginning to end!
Jennifer responded quickly, professionally, and answered my countless questions (even the questions that drilled down into the smallest details).

Plus, Jennifer's quotations were clear, transparent, and included check and measure and taxes (as opposed to many others who didn't even mention that check and measure was separate and additional until after I asked for clarification: sneaky!).

After a few emails back and forth, my wife and I did an initial visit to Kamfair Drape's Markham showroom and liked that they had a larger assortment and display section of Eclipse Shutters available to see, feel, and try. (Most other shops we visited were disappointing as they only had one small section or panel to see in-person, which made it harder to visualize what things might look like in our own home.)

Once our aging windows were replaced, Jennifer came to our home to complete some initial measurements. She arrived on-time and was very knowledgable. She told us the different pros and cons of each option and showed us what would work best in our different spaces.

Once the specifications were decided upon, Andrew came to do the final check-and-measure and it was great hearing his additional insight, plan of action, and care for his clients through the different generations of this family owned-and-operated business.

A few weeks later, Andrew returned with all of the shutter panels and installation hardware. He brought tarps to cover the floor and had disposable booties to cover his shoes, which we appreciated. One of the concerns I had early on was that our new window sills were made of vinyl (instead of wood), which meant that they might not support as much weight and that no mistakes could be made (as you can't redo it like you can on wood). I was happy with Andrew's patience, expertise, and attention to detail in ensuring that everything was done correctly the first time and with minimal mess.

Long story short, we reached out to many different Eclipse Shutters dealers in the GTA and Kamfair Drapes was definitely the most helpful, knowledgeable, straight-forward, and friendly! We would (and already have) recommend Jennifer and Andrew of Kamfair Drapes to anyone looking for window coverings.

Wendy in Thornhill
Wendy in Thornhill
1 review Newmarket, ON

Completely Happy

I found Kamfair on a google search and liked the website. I went to the show room to see what options they had. I was very pleased with the products and photos from past projects. They were very knowledgeable about what I was looking for. They had a lot of options but were able to help me decide on the best.
I was very pleased with the service, product and value. I would recommend this company.

Hannah in Orangeville
Hannah in Orangeville

Custom drapes & shutters

We had an AMAZING experience with Jen T. from Kampfair Drapes! She is such a professional and so passionate about all things drapes. I had a vision and she instantly knew the style and look I wanted. She was very communicative throughout the entire process which we appreciate so much. Initially, She came for a consult and took her time to ensure all her measurements were correct. The end result is more than I could have asked for.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Custom Blinds for New Home

We had an amazing experience and could not be happier with our blinds! From beginning to end, Jennifer was very responsive, professional, flexible, and friendly. Jennifer was always on top of things and I got my blinds ordered and installed in record time! The pricing and quality are unbelievable and unparalleled to any others in the market. The blinds really helped to bring the aesthetics of my home together and is one of our best purchases for our new home!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
1 review Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Friendly, Efficient and Excellent Service!

I am very pleased with the roller shades and zebra blinds I purchased from Kamfair. Jen came for a home visit to advise on my options and was patient, professional and flexible as I made my decisions. She was fast at responding to my emails, gave extremely helpful and cost effective advice, and was super patient with my indecisiveness. Andrew did a great job installing - it was fast and mess free. The price for the blinds were reasonable for the whole house. I would definitely recommend Kamfair to anyone looking for window coverings!

kevinf_30 in Toronto
kevinf_30 in Toronto

Window drapes, rollers

Dear Homeowners,

It was a pleasure working with Jennifer. She was very professional, patient and offered a lot of value-added advice. Her customer service was excellent. 9/10 times she picked up the phone and if not, would call me back soon after. I decided on drapery throughout the house with roller blinds in the kitchen and bathrooms. Throughout the process, Jennifer never pressured me to purchase one item over another. She was very accommodating to what my needs were and directed her recommendations based on that. I am very please with the final product. However, 2 months after installation we found a defect in some of the drapes but no problem; I called Jennifer and she was more than willing to correct the situation. That's what I call top tier customer service! I have referred Kamfair's services to my family and friends, and I when the time comes I will highly consider using them again.

Happy renovating.

Grace in Richmond Hill
Grace in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Window treatment

We used KamFair service twice in the past. Though its' products were a bit pricy, we were satisfied with their customer service.
Unfortunately, KamFair's service declined drastically recently to an unacceptable extent. We emailed Andrew in July for a consultation. We didn't receive any return call or email for 2 weeks. Our request was simpily ignored. When I made a follow-up call to Andrew, his said he was too busy to return my email. A week later, we emailed him and asked for a quotation, and received no reponse
from him again.
Certainly, we didn't feel our business was being valued. We went to another drapery company and decided never return to Kamfair.

F Yeung from Richmond Hill
F Yeung from Richmond Hill

Window Coverings

We needed window coverings for 2 condo apartments and visited the Kamfair Drapes Store. From the start we were made to feel that our business, big or small, was valued. Jennifer listened to our needs and was very helpful with her advice. Andrew who handled all the installation always arrived promptly for his appointments and was precise, efficient and very neat in his work. We found both of them pleasant, reliable, easy to communicate with, friendly yet professional. We are very satisfied with the Hunter Douglas sliding panels and roller shades that we purchased from Kamfair.

OL from Markham
OL from Markham
11 reviews , ON

Drapes

We used Kamfair to install drapes on our first house. The fabric was nice looking and soft. Both the quality of the drapes and service were good. However when we went shopping for drapes for our 2nd house, we realized the exact same drapes were sold much cheaper elsewhere. We decided not to return due to the high costs.

Dear OL from Markham,

I regret to hear we did not end up having the pleasure to work with you on this project. In the window coverings industry, drapery costs can vary depending on the retailer, fabric selection, workroom experience and workmanship costs. Drapes from various retailers can be very similar in style and fabric, but it is never the exact same. Sourcing professional workroom skills and offering over 30 years of installation experience are areas we pride ourselves in. We sincerely appreciate your candor and will keep this in mind.

Sincerely,

Broomfield from Markham
Broomfield from Markham

Shutters

We are very happy with the Eclipse Shutters installed. From the initial consult to the installation process was seamless. Jennifer and Edward were very knowledgeable and explained any potential issues. We received quotes from several other companies and Kamfair provided a fair price.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review! It was our pleasure working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer & Edward

More about Kamfair Drapes Inc

Full line of drapery, curtains, made to measure.
Looking for Drapery & Curtains pros in Unionville?