Windows & Doors Installation & Service

416-533-4331
1590 The Queensway
Toronto
M8Z 1V1

Gem installed a sliding door in our kitchen about six years ago. Recently the door lock broke and I went to Gem to buy a replacement door lock. Stuff does break after time, no big deal. At the store they were very helpful and looked up the model number of the door I purchased and said they would order me a new lock. Great! To my surprise Jim called a week later and said he has a new lock for me and I can have it at no charge. Wow, what super after market follow up. I would certainly purchase any further doors and windows from Gem and highly recommend them to others. Regards, Dave H.

AJ in Etobicoke
AJ in Etobicoke

Excellent Service and Installation

GEM was initially recommended to me by a close friend. My experience was very positive from the start with a visit to GEM's excellent showroom, where my wife and I were lucky to meet Tas who helped us with our many questions. Both Tas and the manager Jim appreciated that we wanted to preserve the look of our older home, and gave us very helpful advice on retrofitting new windows to replace the old ones. The service was personal and friendly, even though we only wanted three windows replaced in our dining room. I am extremely happy with the result, and am already thinking of replacing more windows in our house. The installation by Joe and his team was very professional and they did an excellent job. I would certainly recommend GEM to my friends for any windows installation.

Purchased patio doors new from showroom /seals broke

Not sure what the issue is / Purchased new doors 10 years ? ago / very happy with them at the time.

Now both windows have seals that are broken I admit they are 10 years old was just trying to get them repaired / replace. They are very foggy / can barely see out of them. The hardware needs replacing. Visited showroom 4 weeks ago / spoke with owner he was very nice . I followed up with pictures as requested the same day. Now have 5 phone calls / spoke with his assistant, one return phone call, returned call 2 hrs later he was gone for the day, never called back.

tired of chasing / clearly not interested in maintaining what I thought was a good relationship. I cannot support a business that treats someone so poorly.

Like every other window and door company, we have been slammed finishing up GreenON jobs. Of course we're interested in maintaining good relationships. Giving GEM a '0' review under these circumstances reflects more on the reviewer than it does on GEM. In spite of this, we're still prepared to engage our customer and, as resources become available, work to handle this non-warranty service.

Home Handyman in Old Toronto
Home Handyman in Old Toronto

On Time. Professional install

I was very happy with GEM's customer service. Paul was professional and provided solid recommendations. I ordered 4 windows. Product arrived on schedule as promised. The install crew was very professional and paid a lot of attention to protecting the interior of the home and the quality and look of the final product both inside and out. This is critical as your windows are only as good as the install at the end of the day. I would have no problem recommending GEM.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We always enjoy hearing about the great service that customers are given.

Rider  in Etobicoke
Rider in Etobicoke

Horrible service

416-533-4331
1590 The Queensway
Toronto
M8Z 1V1

I have never dealt with a worse company. They’re customer service is horrendous. We ordered 7+ windows for our new house and were told 8-10 weeks. We never heard back from them with a date and after multiple emails and phone calls they still never even got back to us. They are so unorganized and can’t keep track of a simple order. All the sizes were messed up and if we didn’t catch it then they would have been produced wrong.

I can’t stress how bad of a company they are to work with and would never use them again or recommend them to anyone. Take your business else where you won’t regret it.

Yes, they were told 8 to 10 weeks. Then the horrible GreenON program kicked in and manufacturers were slammed. The production times for non-GreenON products went through the roof. We have a long string of email communications, so saying we were not getting back was not true. We forwarded whatever information, often quite limited, that we received from the manufacturer. We have emails to show that sizes were provided by them. We have no idea, even now, what misunderstanding they have regarding sizes as we made no mistakes. GEM works hard to make things work for our customers. The delays in this order were not in GEM's control and the claims of lack of responses to inquiries are simply not true. Also to note, since this review was posted, we have been asked to provide another window and to help out with the installation of a sliding door where they install has proved to be problematic for them.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

A company that stands behind their product

We had a storm door installed it fits perfectly and looks great. It is a busy time of year for Gem . The owner came personally to install the door. Jim is a great person cares about his customers and their happiness. Thanks Jim and Gem for a great job!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Being a family business, when it is the busy time we all do a bit more, owners included.

Hope you enjoy your products for many years to come.

Andy in Mississauga
Andy in Mississauga

Installation of Windows

We are very pleased with our new windows from GEM. I phoned for an estimate and Paul responded promptly and came out to take measurments. Price was certainly competative with the other estimates we obtained. We had hoped to have windows installed during the summer, but the provincial rebate program created quite the demand for replacment windows both in obtaining stock and getting a crew to install. Windows were installed this past week. They look wonderful and the installers kept the area clean. We are happy we chose GEM to replace our windows.

Andy, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We had some challenges with the GreenOn program but our staff, from sales to installation, worked hard to minimize the disruption to our clients. But the one thing that was not sacrificed with our commitment to quality.

Always a pleasure to from customers such as yourself.

Window parts

Jim was very helpful. I needed some replacement parts for my windows and he figured it all out for me. Very impressed with the service. Thank you Jim and Gem!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always enjoy when we can help out a customer even with the small things.

Chris in Etobicoke
Chris in Etobicoke

Basement Windows Installation

It has been a pleasure to deal with GEM. They are professional and organized. From start to finish they took care of everything. Excellent product and installation. We upgraded our older basement windows to brand new triple pane windows that qualified for the rebate program. GEM took care of all the paperwork and submission.

Thank you for the kind words. We are happy that you had such a great experience with our staff. Your GreenON paperwork is all in and we will keep an eye on it as it goes through their process.

Thank you again!

Nella Nikolakakos  from Toronto
Nella Nikolakakos from Toronto

Basement Windows door and storm door

Hi Paul
I wanted to say thank you for a fantastic job on the windows and door. They look amazing!!
I also wanted to say that Taris the technician was great!!
It has been a pleasure dealing with everyone at Gem from you to Phil
to the girls at the reception desk to Taris and Jim today.
Thank you for making the experience stress free.
Have a wonderful day and weekend.
Nella Nikolakakos

Nella,
Thank you so much for the kind words. At GEM we work as a team, and that team is here to help make the process stress free -- mission accomplished!
Hope you enjoy your windows for many years to come.

Regards,
Team GEM!

More about Gem Windows & Doors

Gem Windows and Doors - Toronto's oldest and most trusted window and door retailer - serving South Western Ontario for over 55 years! We invite you to visit our showroom to speak to our professional sales team, to learn more about our high quality custom products.