Gem Windows & Doors

Windows & Doors Installation & Service

Reviews for Gem Windows & Doors

Consumer Service

A very big thank you to Gem Windows, there customer service is probably the best I have encountered in a very long time. Jimmy thank you for understanding to the sash lock issue and helped correct the problem right away. They gave me extra sash locks sliders at no charge. Wish I had went through you guys when I bought my new Windows.

Best Regard, Janet

Thank you for taking the time to write the review, Jim is a great resources for problem solving.

Thank you again we appreciate your kind words.

n/a in Etobicoke
n/a in Etobicoke

replacement windows and doors

It was a pleasure to do business with everyone at Gem . Our job was done in 3 stages . Jim provided helpful , honest and professional advice . Melissa provided all the back up and was very patient with my changes and revisions , above and beyond what would normally be expected . The installers , Joe , Mike and Paul really know their stuff , efficient , experienced , and very pleasant men to have on the job . WE are absolutely delighted with the finished results . Our only regret is why did we wait so long to do the project !! .

Thank you for the kind words. It is always great to hear that our team was there for you from the beginning all the way to the end.

We are happy to have been part of your project, again and again.

We hope you enjoy the finished products for many years to come.

Regards,

JS in Etobicoke
JS in Etobicoke

Sliding door repair

Jim, the manager was very helpful. He provided me with advice and two complimentary blocking pieces to secure the fixed portions of the sliding door.

Based on my experience with Jim, I would highly recommend Gem Windows and Doors.

John Sciarra

John,

Thank you for the review, GEM is always here to help and ensure our customers are happy and get what they need.

Hope we can work with you again.

Deno in Etobicoke
Deno in Etobicoke

Rreplacement windows

We bought 5 replacement windows in 2012 and 4 more matching replacement windows and a new storm door in 2017. All the windows were ordered with full screens. Unfortunately, in 2012, the screens for the set of three matching windows in the living room arrived with screens only for the bottom sections of the windows. Supposedly, replacement screens were ordered at the time. I followed up a couple years later and was told the new screens would be ordered immediately. When I was placing the 2017 order, I again enquired about the missing 2012 screens. I was told they had been ordered but when they went to look for them, they found they had come in but had been forgotten at the time and had gotten damaged in the meantime. The screens would be re-ordered in 2017. When the screens arrived and were delivered, they were half screens again. Over the winter, the 3 full screens arrived and were installed.

All of the windows and the door work well and look really nice. However, when I was renovating and replacing the interior window trim in the bathroom last month, I realized that the 2012 replacement window was about an inch short and a 1/2 inch gap at the top had been filled with white silicone caulking. Since follow up is not Gem's strong suit, I haven't reported it to Gem.

Deno,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write you comments, here at GEM we value all our customers and take all notes, both positive and negative, seriously. In the case of your screens, we apologies for the delays and confusion surrounding it, but as you see GEM did not disregard your request and did in fact continue to work with you to get the screens correct for you in the end.

As for the gap around the window, it is standard practice to have a 1/2" gap around the window to allow for shimming and foaming the window all the way around. Silicone around the shims and exposed areas help to seal the window and minimize any exterior air being transferred into the home.

We would be happy to discuss this with you and provide third party confirmation that the gap in question is correct.

tedkaz in Toronto
tedkaz in Toronto

Great Products. Great Service

Tas Merchant at Gem Windows was very efficient and organised in my interactions with her. The products provided were of top quality and operated exactly the way she described them.

The 8 blinds for our cottage came on time and were very easy to set up. They worked perfectly. I also ordered windows for my home in Toronto from Gem Windows and I requested Tas as a sales person. She organised the home measurements with her contractor exactly when I wanted it to be. The contractor was top notch and I ordered the windows with Tas ready to be installed shortly afterwards.

I would recommend Tas Merchant to anyone who is interested in purchasing blinds and/or windows for their home.

Ted,

Thank you very much for the review. Tas is one of the newer members of our sales team and has made a great impact. Tas is also our blinds specialist and can help anyone make the right choice for their home.

Thank you again for taking the time to write these kind words about our company and Tas.

Diamondlin in Etobicoke
Diamondlin in Etobicoke

Patio sliding doors

Good quality of material, good workmanship of installation. Fulfill my satisfaction from sales, logistic schedule and installation. Thanks, Tas, Lily, Walter, Wojtek.
I wii consider my windows replacement project next time.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we are always happy to hear from our customers.

We have top notch staff from sales, production, all the way to installation.

We look forward to working with you again.

Shawn from Mississauga
Shawn from Mississauga

Vinyl patio door

Six foot sliding patio door - $1800. Wait time.. Less than quoted. Installers humour - Priceless.
Worth every penny!

Appearently I need 30 words minimum. Awsome some needy BA was so thorough.

Shawn,

Always great to hear from happy customers, thank you for the review.

Sheila in Etobicoke
Sheila in Etobicoke

window and storm door replacement

I first used Gem Windows and doors more than 20 years ago to replace some of the original windows in my 80-year-old house. Recently, I decided it was time to finish the job so contacted them to replace 4 windows including a second-floor window that was awkward to reach from the outside and 2 basement windows whose frames were in bad shape. At the same time, I decided to replace a probably 40-year-old storm door. In the showroom I was shown samples of all the windows and doors and the features of each were explained but there was no attempt to "upsell" me. When I chose, the quote was provided promptly and I was given a realistic estimate of the timing. The installation was done on a very cold and wet day. The installers made every effort to keep my floors clean as they moved in and out and worked quickly but carefully. All the windows look fabulous and they did an amazing job on the basement ones. Before leaving they made sure to show me how to work the windows and the door . I had one customer service complaint which was responded to and resolved quickly. I would recommend Gem to anyone who needs new windows or doors.

Sheila,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We really appreciate your on going business. Our team is about 'Value' and want to make sure that our customers are getting what THEY want and to be happy with their purchase. From your visit to the showroom all the way to installation our team is here to help any way that they can.

Once again we appreciate your review and we hope to do work again soon.

Regards,

JL in Toronto
JL in Toronto

Main floor windows

Got all our main floor windows replaced - they look great. Showed up on time and got it all done within the day. Perfect for the winter - house already felt warmer! Thanks!

JL,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you have already found a difference in putting ENERGY STAR efficient windows in your home.

Thank you agin and we hope to work with you again.

Ross Ruffolo from Toronto
Ross Ruffolo from Toronto

Windows and doors

We recently had 1 door replaced and 2 windows in our garage. We also had our back door and our side door replaced on our house.

We had a few quotes and most said they could do some but not all of the doors. Gem came in and measured and gave us a quote. We ordered from them and they delivered on their quote. The quality of the doors and windows as well as the workmanship was superb. The installers were prompt and cleaned up after the installation. Spiro and his office staff were a delight to deal with.

We would definitely recommend GEM windows and doors to friends and family.

Ross,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. Here at GEM Windows we do our best to find solutions for our clients, where most will say no GEM will say YES!

Thank you again, and we hope to work with you again some day.

More about Gem Windows & Doors

Gem Windows and Doors - Toronto's oldest and most trusted window and door retailer - serving South Western Ontario for over 55 years! We invite you to visit our showroom to speak to our professional sales team, to learn more about our high quality custom products.