Gem Windows & Doors

Windows & Doors Installation & Service

Reviews for Gem Windows & Doors

Window parts

Jim was very helpful. I needed some replacement parts for my windows and he figured it all out for me. Very impressed with the service. Thank you Jim and Gem!

Chris in Etobicoke
Chris in Etobicoke

Basement Windows Installation

Gem Windows & Doors
416-533-4331
1590 The Queensway
Toronto
M8Z 1V1

It has been a pleasure to deal with GEM. They are professional and organized. From start to finish they took care of everything. Excellent product and installation. We upgraded our older basement windows to brand new triple pane windows that qualified for the rebate program. GEM took care of all the paperwork and submission.

Nella Nikolakakos  from Toronto
Nella Nikolakakos from Toronto

Basement Windows door and storm door

Hi Paul
I wanted to say thank you for a fantastic job on the windows and door. They look amazing!!
I also wanted to say that Taris the technician was great!!
It has been a pleasure dealing with everyone at Gem from you to Phil
to the girls at the reception desk to Taris and Jim today.
Thank you for making the experience stress free.
Have a wonderful day and weekend.
Nella Nikolakakos

Nella,
Thank you so much for the kind words. At GEM we work as a team, and that team is here to help make the process stress free -- mission accomplished!
Hope you enjoy your windows for many years to come.

MarkS in North York
MarkS in North York

Windows

Last year I had helped my parents get new window and they did NOT use GEM -- what a horror story from a constant price changing to product promises that fell through to sloppy installation to no service afterwards. So when it came time to do my own house, I was scared. But unlike my parents, I went to GEM and between the knowledgeable sales staff, the innovative products, good prices, and great installation, I couldn't be happier! What I loved most was when we ran into some design questions, they came up with innovative (and beautiful) solutions. What I hated most was all the time I wasted checking out other window suppliers before I chose GEM. In two years when I replace the other set of old windows, I'm going straight to GEM. Thanks Spiros, Taz, Melissa, Lily, Frank and the whole GEM Team.

Mark,
Thank you for the review, sorry to hear your parents didn't have a great experience. We are very proud of each member of our team, we truly enjoy when we can help provide design ideas to give our customers the vision that they want.

We look forward to working with you again.

Enzo in Toronto
Enzo in Toronto

Algoma Street - Replaced all windows and doors

A big thank you to Gem windows for their great customer service. It started with meeting Tas in the showroom, who was a great in helping us decide on our selection of windows and doors to order.

Another thank you to the installation crew, with Joe, Mike, Paul and Turaz, all of which were professional in the workmanship and their attention to detail was also great!

Finally, a thank you to Jimmy, who took personally responsibility in ensuring that we were happy and satisfied with the installation. We did run into a small issue with our bay window, but Jimmy took care of it!

Enzo

Enzo,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are very proud of all of our team members, from sales to installation. We have a wide selection of products to choose from, and having exceptional staff always ready to help makes the decisions easier.

We hope you enjoy your windows for many years to come.

Consumer Service

A very big thank you to Gem Windows, there customer service is probably the best I have encountered in a very long time. Jimmy thank you for understanding to the sash lock issue and helped correct the problem right away. They gave me extra sash locks sliders at no charge. Wish I had went through you guys when I bought my new Windows.

Best Regard, Janet

Thank you for taking the time to write the review, Jim is a great resources for problem solving.

Thank you again we appreciate your kind words.

n/a in Etobicoke
n/a in Etobicoke

replacement windows and doors

It was a pleasure to do business with everyone at Gem . Our job was done in 3 stages . Jim provided helpful , honest and professional advice . Melissa provided all the back up and was very patient with my changes and revisions , above and beyond what would normally be expected . The installers , Joe , Mike and Paul really know their stuff , efficient , experienced , and very pleasant men to have on the job . WE are absolutely delighted with the finished results . Our only regret is why did we wait so long to do the project !! .

Thank you for the kind words. It is always great to hear that our team was there for you from the beginning all the way to the end.

We are happy to have been part of your project, again and again.

We hope you enjoy the finished products for many years to come.

JS in Etobicoke
JS in Etobicoke

Sliding door repair

Jim, the manager was very helpful. He provided me with advice and two complimentary blocking pieces to secure the fixed portions of the sliding door.

Based on my experience with Jim, I would highly recommend Gem Windows and Doors.

John Sciarra

John,

Thank you for the review, GEM is always here to help and ensure our customers are happy and get what they need.

Hope we can work with you again.

Deno in Etobicoke
Deno in Etobicoke

Rreplacement windows

We bought 5 replacement windows in 2012 and 4 more matching replacement windows and a new storm door in 2017. All the windows were ordered with full screens. Unfortunately, in 2012, the screens for the set of three matching windows in the living room arrived with screens only for the bottom sections of the windows. Supposedly, replacement screens were ordered at the time. I followed up a couple years later and was told the new screens would be ordered immediately. When I was placing the 2017 order, I again enquired about the missing 2012 screens. I was told they had been ordered but when they went to look for them, they found they had come in but had been forgotten at the time and had gotten damaged in the meantime. The screens would be re-ordered in 2017. When the screens arrived and were delivered, they were half screens again. Over the winter, the 3 full screens arrived and were installed.

All of the windows and the door work well and look really nice. However, when I was renovating and replacing the interior window trim in the bathroom last month, I realized that the 2012 replacement window was about an inch short and a 1/2 inch gap at the top had been filled with white silicone caulking. Since follow up is not Gem's strong suit, I haven't reported it to Gem.

Deno,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write you comments, here at GEM we value all our customers and take all notes, both positive and negative, seriously. In the case of your screens, we apologies for the delays and confusion surrounding it, but as you see GEM did not disregard your request and did in fact continue to work with you to get the screens correct for you in the end.

As for the gap around the window, it is standard practice to have a 1/2" gap around the window to allow for shimming and foaming the window all the way around. Silicone around the shims and exposed areas help to seal the window and minimize any exterior air being transferred into the home.

We would be happy to discuss this with you and provide third party confirmation that the gap in question is correct.

TEAM GEM!

tedkaz in Toronto
tedkaz in Toronto

Great Products. Great Service

Tas Merchant at Gem Windows was very efficient and organised in my interactions with her. The products provided were of top quality and operated exactly the way she described them.

The 8 blinds for our cottage came on time and were very easy to set up. They worked perfectly. I also ordered windows for my home in Toronto from Gem Windows and I requested Tas as a sales person. She organised the home measurements with her contractor exactly when I wanted it to be. The contractor was top notch and I ordered the windows with Tas ready to be installed shortly afterwards.

I would recommend Tas Merchant to anyone who is interested in purchasing blinds and/or windows for their home.

Ted,

Thank you very much for the review. Tas is one of the newer members of our sales team and has made a great impact. Tas is also our blinds specialist and can help anyone make the right choice for their home.

Thank you again for taking the time to write these kind words about our company and Tas.

TEAM GEM!

More about Gem Windows & Doors

Gem Windows and Doors - Toronto's oldest and most trusted window and door retailer - serving South Western Ontario for over 55 years! We invite you to visit our showroom to speak to our professional sales team, to learn more about our high quality custom products.