Gas Fix

dino
dino
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Service call

Scott and Jason are great, they are very knowledgeable. I have used them in the past and have always had a positive experience with them. Would recommend to anyone looking for any natural gas related fixes

steve in Ajax
steve in Ajax

Very Impressed

Gas Fix did an excellent job of repairing my fireplace. When my fireplace first stopped working, I called a nearby fireplace repair company to give me a repair quote. They told me I would need a new fireplace and would have to break the surrounding stone to install it. Total quote was over $10 000. All due to a faulty mercury switch which cannot be replaced.

Then I found GasFix on Homestars with reviews describing how others with a faulty mercury switch had a repair instead of replacement. They explained that the upgrade kit will include all the control/operational parts. The box, glass, gasket and burner would be original. The upgrade part is the change to the current control/safety system that is used in all gas fireplaces since the mercury flame switch was discontinued as the fast acting safety shutoff. The parts include a new style gas valve, pilot assembly with duel sensors, thermocouple, thermoplie, electrode, wiring, piezo ignitor and mounting bracket if needed.

Jason was great setting up the appointment. He responded to all my questions promptly. Scott was punctual and polite. He finished the job during the expected time frame and cleaned up once finished.

Gas Fix fixed my fireplace for exactly what they quoted me for. I would highly recommend them. In fact, I already did. A nearby friend ended up using them and was equally impressed.

Ashton in Brantford
Ashton in Brantford
2 reviews Brantford, ON

Gas fire repair

Scott is a professional exceptional and amazing person. His knowledge of gas fires spans 40 years, and is outstanding. He diagnosed the problem quickly and efficiently, giving us a quote, which we gladly accepted and got straight to work. Two Hours later we are looking loving at our fire all aglow and ready for us to enjoy this Christmas and winter. This is the gift Scott has given us.

If you have any problems with gas fires we highly recommend you call gasfix and ask for Scott, no longer will you have a problem. We are so
grateful for the service of this company. When requesting a repair or
service you actually get someone to speak to directly and not an answer phone. This is a highly efficient service as normally you only get machines. Thank you Scott and gasfix
To speak to. Thank you Scott anc gasfix

I want to add to the above statement a very important point. One month ago a gas fire repairman came to our house, charged $125, and told us our gas fire was completely unrepairable. We would have to buy a new valour $6,000 - $7,000. We do not have that amount to lay out: so now you can see how why we are stunned that Scott actually fix the problem instantly, and even had the spare parts with him.

Dennis in Stittsville
Dennis in Stittsville
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Fireplace repair

Scott diagnosed the problem and made clear the cost was expensive. He spent two-plus hours fixing the problem. He is precise and professional. I have used his company for over twenty years, and first when he was the only repairman. I have found all his repairmen excellent, and have had more than six repairs over the years. I have two gas fireplaces. I recommend Gas Fix without reservation as one of the best repair services I have ever had.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

gas fireplace repair

First time using Gas Fix.Great service and on time ,Scott was very professional and knowledgeable .Worked fast and cleaned up after the job was done .Carries a lot of parts with him. Highly recommend .

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Gas Fireplace

Scott quickly diagnosed the problem, had the parts in his van, and fixed the fireplace in 2 hours. He also cleaned everything in the fireplace and left the area around the fireplace in excellent condition. Three days later there was a small problem and Gasfix sent Scott on the same day I called and he had the problem repaired in 10 minutes. Superb service!

Forsythe Street
Forsythe Street

Highly Recommended

We have two gas fireplaces and have used Gas Fix twice in the past 5 years for service. In the first instance, we were advised by another company that one of our units needed to be replaced....an expensive proposition The Gas Fix technician identified the issue and resolved it quickly at a very reasonable cost. Most recently, a Gas Fix technician inspected our 2 units, cleaned them and ensured they were in proper running order. On both occasions, we found the Gas Fix technicians to be courteous, knowledgeable and professional.

mark in Burlington
mark in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Gas fireplace repair

I had Scott text me that he was coming over to fix my gas fireplace and showed within 20 minutes, when he arrived he was ready to work! As he was working he was very courteous . he completed the job and gave me the low down on my fireplace! i would hire them again
thanks Mark

The Brady Bunch
The Brady Bunch
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Gas fireplace repair

Scott arrived on time and fully restored our gas fireplace that will now service us for many years to come. Price was very reasonable and he added some features that we didn’t have from the original install. So pleased to be able to repair than replace! Many thanks!

More about Gas Fix

GASFIX has been solving problems since 1982, servicing those areas from Grimsby to Etobicoke. Our factory trained technicians specialize in the repair and maintenance of gas fireplaces and pool heaters of all makes and models. We also service furnaces, water heaters and can install gas lines for all your requirements. Contact us today for a quote!

Hamilton/Burlington: (905) 523-8751
Oakville: (905) 845-0701
Mississauga: (905) 816-9710
Brampton: (905) 866-5882
Etobicoke/Toronto: (416) 483-9777

Gas fireplaces that Gas Fix services though not limited to this list include:

• ARCHGARD
• VALOR
• VERMONT CASTING
• WATERFORD
• WOLF STEEL

At Gas Fix, we recommend an annual “clean and check” to your gas fireplace.

A clean & check service call to your gas fireplace includes:

• Vacuuming out the fireplace
• Blowing out both the burner and the pilot assembly with an air compressor
• Checking all electrical components
• Testing the pilot sensor - Thermopile / Thermocouple
• Checking the safety on the gas valve
• Doing a draft test on the ventilation and a carbon monoxide test
• Cleaning the glass
• Checking the window gasket
• Checking the fan, if applicable
• Checking the fireplace on start up

Our technicians do carry over 300 of the most common gas fireplace parts with them enabling them to provide same day service on your gas fireplace.

Gas pool heaters that Gas Fix services:

• RHEEM
• STA-RITE
• TD LAARS
• ZODIAC

A light and check service call to your gas pool heater includes:

• Lighting pilot
• Checking operation of pressure switch
• Checking ON/OFF safety circuit
• Checking for spiders in burner orifices

A clean and check to a Gas Furnace includes:

• Check filter for replacement or upgrade options
• Check all wires for damage and state of repair
• Check all hoses for connections, cracks and past or present water leaks
• Visual camera inspection inside duct work on A coil (AC) and heat exchanger
• Heat rise calculation and compare to manufacturer’s specifications
• Full carbon monoxide test of air ducts and venting
• Full air compressor cleaning and vacuuming to ensure product runs smoothly
• Full inspection report on completion