Gardener North York South, The

Landscape Contractors & Designers
121 Estelle Ave Toronto ON M2N 5H6
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Willowdale  >  Gardener North York South, The

Reviews for Gardener North York South, The

BadMan in Toronto
BadMan in Toronto
1 review Scarborough, ON

Snow Removal

First and foremost I would like to point out I am not like the above complainers. The guy above me is even complaining about snow being stacked in a pile at the entrance of his driveway. Where would you like a driver to put it? In his pocket and take it home? The Gardner in North York has been known for killing the industry. They offer a ridiculous low plow trigger of only 3cm and can not deliver. Sure they have numerous trucks but they overwork the trucks. I'm told by one of their employees he does like 80 driveways plus parking lots. If each driveway takes 10 minutes to plow that is 800 minutes or 13.33 hours of plowing. Now add in travel time between each property and someone on their list isn't going to get plowed for 20-24 hours or more.

At the same time, people need to be more realistic in expectations. In the snow removal industry every client thinks they are the company's only client. And every client thinks they should get priority over the next. Simply put, this is wrong. If you pay for walkway shoveling but shovel it yourself an hour after the snow stops you can't get mad at the plow driver because of your lack of patience. Most plow contracts have a 24 hour guarantee. When you sign and agree to this you can not expect or force the plow company to be there any sooner than 24 hours. This is what you agreed to in writing.

More of the story is The Gardener sucks but then again, people are tards and have no common sense. So I guess it all balances out.

Roy in S. Etobicoke
Roy in S. Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Snow removal

After unsuccessfully using a smaller local firm for 2006/7, we decided this year to hire Gardener based on their advertising and supposed strength in size. But, they have been a TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT! They don't show up until days after a snowfall, and when they do they make one pass with the truck and leave, with no clean-up or anything. I will NEVER recommend them to anyone; I feel like I ought to sue for my money back!!!

JYC from North York
JYC from North York
2.5/10

Snow removal service

We tried this company for the first time this winter as their advertising in the yellow pages sounded credible.
We ended up being taken for a ride!

It was quite an unbelievable experience dealing with the Gardener! For the first few snowfalls, the truck either came very late or did not show up, while all our neighbors driveways were already shoveled by other companies. The few times that they did come, the service was extremely messy, where snow was left right in front of our garage door or piled at the edge of driveway entrance. Furthermore, we had to pay extra, at the request of the company, to clear the walkway to our front door, but ended up shoveling the snow ourselves every time. For the times that they did not show up, we would leave numerous messages but none returned.