D'Angelo & Sons

Reviews for D'Angelo & Sons

Michelle F in Hamilton
Michelle F in Hamilton

Roofing, Windows and Doors

I am so happy with my new roof and windows! From the moment he stepped in the door the customer service has been exceptional from Glenn the sales rep!
He was so patient and understanding with my never ending questions and concerns, it completely put me at ease with choosing the company to do all our roof, windows and doors.
The window and door installers were also excellent, and funny to deal with. They went above and beyond in ensuring I was happy with the finished look.
The entire team, from quoting to installation has been a pleasure to deal with and I couldn’t be happier with the finished product!!!

Sue in Toronto
Sue in Toronto

Gutters & Eavestroughs

Not happy with the work, or service during installation
Worst customer service
After 1 week there was no response, I contacted them several times but no proper response at all.
One of the Biggest mistakes in my life

Gord in Burlington
Gord in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Not impressed from start to finish

This was an absolute disaster from start to beginning. Yes, we had to replace a roof because of a huge windstorm. We were told it would be 4 weeks, and they came to tarp the roof for $1400. $2100 if they did it the day before, and $600 the next week. Larceny.

We were told they would call us is a few weeks to pick the colour of shingles. They had difficulty sending the online quote for insurance, but after several emails and phone calls, they managed. After 5 weeks not hearing anything, we called to ask when they would do the roof. They said "any time, we are just waiting on you to pick the shingles colour". What? wait? You said you'd call us to pick. Either way, they came to do the roof within the week.

We asked several times for them to take pictures of the roof damage before redoing it. Despite promises on three occassions (inspection, tarping, then install) we never had any photos taken.

Upon installion, we had not approved a new skylight and asked them to call of a new one was needed because the old one was damaged. They did not call, yet installed the skylight anyways and then wanted to charge us for it.

Lastly, they left the place a mess. I will be taking nails out of my feet for years in my back lawn....and that is after picking up at least 150 nails. Pictures only do part justice.

Not impressed, would NEVER recommend. Poor customer service. Poor workmanship and pride in workplace.

Twinsdad
Twinsdad
4 reviews Laurel, ON

Complete new roof and additional vents

Its been a week since DAngelo Roofing came and re-shingled my roof. My house was built around 1860 and needs a little TLC here and there, the roof was probably due a couple of years ago. Apart from some disjoint when coordinating things between the radio station and the roofing company, when it came to installation, it went impressively smooth. I'll be honest, they brought an army of polite, courteous, eager and friendly roofers, back-office, front office, marketing and promotion people. The tear-down of the old shingles and Installation of the new GAF roofing system with extra vents, new and improved flashing etc. took barely 2 hours, highly impressive. The clean up crew circumnavigated the property a few times, collecting shingles, nails, shingle grit, empty caulk tubes and any garbage as thoroughly as they could. The roof not only looks great but come the following Monday, the torrential downpours we experienced reinforced the quality and performance of a good roof. All round talented, professional and experienced. DAngelo Roofing comes highly recommended in my opinion and you'll be very pleased with outcome.

Disclosure: I won this DAngelo Roofing new roof in a local radio station competition however I'm under no obligation to provide reviews.

jzenga3 in Guelph, Ontario CANADA
jzenga3 in Guelph, Ontario CANADA

Unprofessional

I am very disappointed with D'Angelo. I have used their services in the past for some minor roof repairs and was satisfied with the work. So, after a recent wind storm I contacted D'Angelo for an estimate on a roof repair/replacement. I made an appointment with the estimator and he did not show up. I called back the next day and was told that the estimator would return my call to re-arrange the time. Again, no call. No explanation or apology was ever provided. I understand completely that they are likely busy and don't need my business but they can still remain professional and courteous if they choose to. Obviously, they do not. For these reasons I will not do business with D'Angelo nor would I recommend them in the future.

Zig in Toronto
Zig in Toronto

Roofing, Eaves etc

Good price for a one stop shop to do shingles, eaves, fascia etc got D'Angelo the job about 5 years back. They did a generally good job and have been back a few times to fix up deficiencies and warranty items without complaint, including repairs of shingles, fascia, gutters after the recent wind storms. QA/QC is a bit lacking but their accountability and customer service is very good.

L. Browne from Hamilton
L. Browne from Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Roof and Eaves replacement

Recently had roof and eaves completely replaced by D'Angelo and I have some mixed feelings. Kudos to Carlos - a very informed, prepared, responsive salesperson who was easy to deal with and was by far the best part of this experience.

The scheduling department and lack of customer service once the contract was signed was pretty disappointing.
A lot of conflicting information was shared with me along with missed appointments that lacked follow-up or explanation.

When I finalized the contract, I had an active leak in my home and was extremely eager to have the work finished as quickly as possible.
I was lead to believe (although to be fair, not PROMISED) that my project would be scheduled/completed pretty quickly after signing the contract - this was a big part of the reason I decided to go with D'Angelo - I had received competitive quotes from 4 other companies.

All in all, my project from contract signing to completion was one day short of 5 weeks. This was much longer than I anticipated based on my project being quite straightforward - I live in a 1400 sq. ft. home. During that time, there was very little done by D'Angelo scheduling/customer service to keep me informed of delays or status, or manage my expectations in any way. Without personally following up several times, I believe my project would have been completely forgotten in the shuffle of the thousands of jobs they boast about completing each year.

I can only assume the quality of work is good - here's hoping! When the crew(s) finally did show up - they finished quickly, with minimal mess around my property.

I received a voicemail message from John D'Angelo on the evening of May 30th. In his message he asked me to call him back - which I did within an hour - leaving a voicemail message. I hoped this would be an opportunity to discuss my concerns with management/ownership of the company, but I am still waiting on a return call.

If this is the type of follow-up that is typical of management of the company, it's no surprise that it has a trickle-down effect to the rest of the employees and their approach to customer service. Again, the only shining exception to this was Carlos - who responded quickly each time it was necessary to contact him.

I regret choosing D'Angelo - for the most part, it was unpleasant, time consuming and left me feeling less than confident in their abilities.
Based on my experience, I wouldn't in good conscience recommend them to anyone looking for a roofing company in the Hamilton area.
I'm positive that there are other companies who can complete good, timely work AND make customers feel that their business is appreciated

maria in Toronto
maria in Toronto

roof

After the last high wind storm I definitely needed a new roof but who to call with so many cons out there. I was recommended to D'angelo's, made an appointment and Jeremie came for the estimate work. The gentleman was punctual, friendly, answered all my questions and was honest.
Then Jennifer called to set up appointment for the job and again a very professional,friendly person to deal wit and she even called to to tell me that the crew was held up due to weather and will be here the following day, very appreciated this called.
Then next day the bin arrives and the crew shortly there after. I must say that Tony Montana and his crew were to say the one of the most efficient,polite and fun crew to have work for me. They were like a well oiled machine from the delivery driver to the crew . Everyone knew their positions and job and absolutely no slackers on this crew. I wish I could have them do all my jobs around here. There is not enough words to say how much I appreciated their professional attitude and courtesy. There was no trash left anywhere considering the job they had to do. I wish more workers were this efficient.
Thank You D'Angelo's for the BEST CREW EVER!

A very happy customer!

Horrible job

Roof replaced in 2008 , in 2012 lost many shingles and had water damage repaired just roof in winter cost $1300. Dry wall repair $400. Had D'Angelo back in aug 2017 to do more repairs $600 and never received a receipt. Was assured that all problems resolved. 2018 lost almost all shingles in wind storm, water damage in 2 bedrooms and living room $1700. We were informed that a ten year old roof should not look this way. The lowest grade shingles were installed and that the installation of roof was very poorly done. Probably sub contracted for installation. Loose screws and openings everywhere and wood is totally ruined, indication that the wood was never replaced in 2008 as written
in contract. All 6 quotes to re-do roof mentioned the exact same thing about the original roof. My mom is 82 years old and trusted D'Angelo to replace her roof appropriately and in addition whenever we called for help they would dismiss that they were not responsible. My poor mom has had to replace her entire roof twice in ten years, that is D'Angelo's fault. I would never recommend D'Angelo Roofing.

Chris in San Francisco
Chris in San Francisco
1 review Burlington, ON

After Wind Storm Repair

We had our Roof, replaced last year with D'Angelo & Sons, and following the recent wind storm we had a few shingles that flew off. I called them the following day, and without hesitation they explained to me a few things, and promised me that they would be out within 5 days. And that is exactly what they did. I sent them photo and they were out twice within the 5 days to repair the damage. Thanks to Chad for doing the work. We are very satisfied. Julia M

More about D'Angelo & Sons

More than 30 years ago, John D’Angelo started his company out of the back of his truck. To support his growing family, John specialized in aluminum work, and later expanded to include siding installation. With the help of his sons, now fully grown, John has expanded to offer a full suite of roofing services.

As D’Angelo & Sons has grown, the strong family ties that were the foundation of John’s business have extended to the rest of the company. John is proud to say that members of the company’s two crews stay with the team longer than industry norms. He believes it’s because they are part of the ‘family’ and share the D’Angelo commitment to honesty, hard work, reliability, and customer satisfaction.

Contact D’Angelo & Sons today and experience the hassle-free satisfaction that
comes with trusting your project to D’Angelo & Sons.

All employees are fully insured.