County Appliances

Appliance Retailers
6166 Yonge St Toronto ON M2M 3X1

Reviews for County Appliances

Washing machine purchase and install

Had a tough time finding a replacement washing machine when mine broke during the Covid pandemic. Got quite a run around from several 'big name' stores (empty promises). Called Doug at County Appliance - straight shooter, no BS, received sound advice from Doug and Fred, they followed through on their promise, absorbed a bump in delivery scheduling out of their control, came through with excellent customer service. Highly recommend County Appliance.

Joan in Leaside
Joan in Leaside

Great service

When my old Maytag dryer died, a trusted repairman, Steve Brannan, recommended I buy a new one from County Appliances. (That reminded me that I had bought a dishwasher from them more than a decade ago and was happy with it and the whole installation process.) I contacted Fred at County, got his advice and recommendation, and within a few days I had a new Whirlpool dryer delivered. Fred and his father, Doug, installed it. It was a tight fit because of the built-in counter above, but they were patient and took the time to make it work. Their friendly and professional service during this installation (and the whole sales
process) was what stood out to me. Great service these days is hard to find!

janet in Aurora
janet in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Oven

Great service! Great people! The oven was delivered 5 weeks after order. But, there were issues with colour.
Yes, I will order from County again
It was worth the wait. Thankyou again.

Arnie D in Toronto
Arnie D in Toronto

Bought new washer

My washer at work broke down and I needed a new one ASAP. After checking around for prices, I called County. I have bought appliances from them for my home on a few occasions and have been satisfied. I told them my needs and a washer was recommended to me. The price was on par with the larger chain stores. I ordered it immediately and was told when it would come and that I may need to purchase hoses (which they included). The deliver came exactly on time and the delivery men were professional and courteous. I would highly recommend County Appliances and will be using them in the future.

Kathy in Willowdale
Kathy in Willowdale

New washer and dryer for Laundry Room Renovation

I bought an 8200 series Maytag Washer and Dryer from County appliances. When they delivered the appliances they were unable to connect the steam because we were still in the middle of renovations and the plumbing was incomplete. The installers connected the hot and cold so I could do laundry and told me not to worry, that they would come by whenever we were ready and reconnect the steam.
During the renovation, my contractor recommended reversing the location of the dryer and washer as the doors did not open in the correct way, and he reversed their location.

I called County appliances 2 weeks later, telling them that my contractor was ready with everything and that we need them to come as soon as possible. The install team came the very next day without hesitation and reinstalled the appliances and the steam attachment when they noticed that the connector hose was short by 2 ft. because of the reversal of the appliances.
They could not finish the connection. My contractor agreed to reconnect everything so they would not have to return for a simple procedure. County Appliances ordered the 8 ft hose on Friday afternoon and offered to drop it off at the house on monday or as soon as it came in.
I am very pleased with the service I have received at County Appliances. The service team was extremely courteous, helpful and understanding and I received excellent service. I would definitively recommend them to anyone.

Thank you very much Kathy! It was a pleasure to deal with you and if you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Harold in Toronto
Harold in Toronto

Surprise charge

Washer delivered today and delivery guys say I need to pay $60 for hoses. Never mentioned at store. Called store and they reduced it to $30.
I consider it underhanded about charges when they are not upfront about extra charges when you purchase the item.

It is indeed unfortunate, however, we do not always know whether the hoses in the home are in good condition. By no means was this done underhandedly as you say.

Antonia in Toronto
Antonia in Toronto

New Washer & Dryer

Appliance repairman Steve Brannan recommended County Appliances as an all-in-one service for replacing my compact stacking washer/dryer in my condo. They deliver, take away the old units and install the new ones. It's rare to find all that nowadays and I am glad that County lived up to Steve's recommendations. The three-man crew was courteous, cheerful, neat and accommodated my needs in terms of working with the limited space. Back at the shop, co-owner Doug was helpful from my first call. Now I just hope the Whirlpool Appliances he recommended do as well as County did!

Debbie in Thornhill
Debbie in Thornhill

New Washing machine

I've known this company for 30 years. Jeff Kane is wonderful. Always easy to deal with. The boys who delivered my new washer were amazing. They were careful and showed me how to use the new machine and made sure it worked. I would recommend this company !

Trisha from Toronto
Trisha from Toronto

Kitchenaid Refridgerator

I will never ever use County Appliance again for any of my home appliance purchases. After purchasing a Kitchenaid Refridgerator that stopped working periodically and spoiling my food and which no repairman could figure out why, County Appliance would not help me in any way. Impossible to contact Whirlpool (owns Kitchenaid) so as a last resort wrote to Ellen Roseman of the Toronto Star. Only she was able to help me. The people (owners) at County are arrogant and rude.

David from Thornhill
David from Thornhill
2 reviews Thornhill, ON

Dishwasher Purchase

We went to County Appliances to look for a new dishwasher - we wanted a basic one that would do a good job without all the bells and whistles. We dealt with Fred, he was very knowledgeable about the different brands and did not try to upsell the higher end brands. Their delivery/installation was professional, quick and they cleaned up when they were finished and they fixed a broken kitchen cabinet door without me asking.

More about County Appliances

52 years of experience. Sell all brands of major & some small kitchenaid appliances. *Free delivery.
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Thornhill?