Cosmopolitan Mechanical Services Inc

Toronto ON M6P 1W4
Cosmopolitan Mechanical Services Inc

Reviews for Cosmopolitan Mechanical Services Inc

Furnace Maintnance

called adam and then Athar visited my home for Maintaining our Furnace. i am glad that i hired him. services are good. he is professional the actual reason of my happiness is, i had lots of questions about my heating and technician answered well. he is knowledgeable.

Mary R from Toronto
Mary R from Toronto

Installed Tankless Water Heater

I purchased a tankless water heater, and the authorized installer for the company was Cosmopolitan. I did not question their competency, as the store I purchased from is very reputable.
BIG MISTAKE!!
1. About 6 months after purchasing, I received an aggressive phone call telling me I needed to get my yearly maintenance check done or else I would void my warranty. This is untrue, but the sales person continued to tell me that I didn’t know what I was talking about- until I took out the manual and read him the warranty conditions which require service at regular intervals.
2. (Much more critically)- I recently had a different gas company come to my house to give me a quote- while they were here they pointed out to me a significant number of items wrong with the install that would lessen the lifetime of my unit, not allowed by the instruction manual or the gas code in my area, and no tag referring to the installers information.
3. When I called them to get this issue fixed, they never returned my calls, although I attempted several times to be in touch with them. The store that I had purchased the tankless water heater from took full responsibility and sent their new contractor to fix- no cost to me, the issues were that serious.

I’m not sure what the situation of Cosmopolitan is, and it seems like many other people have had good experience with them, mine was just nothing close to good.

This review has nothing to do with Cosmopolitan Mechanical Services because we do not have any record of this customer in our customer database so we would like them to send us the proof of purchase.Thanks.

Benjamin Tang from Markham
Benjamin Tang from Markham

Furnace & AC Maintenance

Cosmopolitan installed our AC and Furnace 10 years ago and does a good job in scheduling maintenance for my HVAC. Ather has been maintaining my furnace and A/C for a few years now and has consistently provided great service. He always calls to let me know when he is coming and upon arrival, patiently explains what he doing and works diligently to complete the appointment on time. Ather truly cares for my family's safety as he always checks for carbon monoxide ratings and reminds me to test my carbon monoxide monitors. He is very knowledgeable and I thank him for providing recommendations on how best to take care of the HVAC system in my home.

Great service and clean water.

I had a water system installed by cosmopolitan mechanical services The service was great I would highly recommend this company for the water treatment system. Great service and clean water.

ton in Toronto
ton in Toronto

Great Air conditioner maintenance service

We got an el series furnace installed by Cosmopoliten about 6 years ago. it was a good experience, salesperson explaied everything to us and installed accordig to our home requirements thats why furnce worked great i later on got furnace maintenance bt since the installation, never faced any trouble. this year i tried their services for my Air conditioner Maintenance. they sent technician mahfooz and he was great. i will get my Air conditioning maintained again in future by Cosmopolitan.

Martha
Martha

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE

Cosmopolitan appeared to be a good vendor when they sold us an air conditioner in 2013 (when they WERE rated top 3 in HomeStars). However, after the first year, our AC has required top ups of freon to get us through each summer?! These top ups always came at our expense and they never wanted to find the root cause - a leak in their equipment/ installation. This year, already by June, we have insufficient freon to cool our house. When I called, I got some form of call screening. On Monday, I had to call 5 times, because James has not initiated his voicemail, only to find out at 5:00 pm that he had not been in the office all day? I asked to speak to the General Manager, so my call was forwarded to Mike, when in fact, Adam, is the General Manager, and supposedly the one to get me some action. Through this experience, I have learned they have no "24 hr. emergency" response - my business has to fit in their schedule (“some time next week”); they do not return calls, even when they say they will, and issues drag on for days. This office has no idea what customer service is; just contempt for their customers.

I have moved my business to the company which services my furnace, “M*****”, who responded in 12 hrs., sent their top service person and is fixing the root cause (leak) at 50% of the cost Cosmopolitan quoted ($369 not $750) for leak detection on Cosmopolitan's installation.

Conclusion: Cosmopolitan does NOT deserve my business and I will never return to or refer them again. They belong at the bottom of HomeStars’ ratings!

W in Markham
W in Markham

HVAC Maintenance

Cosmopolitan has installed our AC and Furnace 3 years ago and does the maintenance every year. Scheduling maintenance is easy; Ather has come two years in a row to provide the maintenance. He is diligent and patient in explaining the steps taken to check everything. This year, I requested a look at the humidifier control as well and he adjusted it accordingly, so resolved my immediate concern. I'm very satisfied with the whole process, the people I interacted with were very pleasant and always provided recommendations on how best to take care of the HVAC system.

CE
CE

Furnace and Water Heater

This is my 3rd time using Cosmopolitan. In 2009 they installed a new furnace, tankless water heater and A/C in my old house. In 2015 they repaired and eventually replaced the A/C in my current house. This March they replaced my furnace and water heater. Ejaz from sales was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all my questions. He was very responsive and provided appropriate solutions based on my house size. Fred completed the latest furnace and water heater install. He did an amazing job routing the furnace pipes and ensured everything was working properly upon completion.

Navneet in York
Navneet in York

Air conditioner

We called cosmopolitan to install brand new air conditioner at our house located in Brampton. Cosmopolitan mechanical services employees were very nice. Ej was our salesman and Fred was installer did Great job

rg burlington in Burlington
rg burlington in Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Furnace Maintenace & Repair

I had a furnace lockout problem to be fixed with my furnace purchased from Cosmopolitan. Decided to combine the repair with the annual maintenance. Contacted Cosmopolitan to request service tech Ather come to diagnose,repair and perform the maintenance. Ather has serviced my furnace since the original purchase. As always, Ather was timely, informative, competent and professional in the delivery of the services. He was very meticulous in his diagnosis of the lockout problem and his attention to details. And very pleasant to work with. Well done and thank you Ather!

More about Cosmopolitan Mechanical Services Inc

Heating & Air Conditioning We are a well established company in the field of heating and cooling. We offer well-trained personnel to service your gas fired equipment from boilers to unit heaters and air conditioning to freezers. We service and install furnaces, air conditioners, exhaust, ducting, gas piping and ventilation ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Richmond Hill?