Coast Wholesale Appliances Ltd

Jane in
Jane in
1 review Ladysmith, BC

High end replacement fridge

Worst service ever. Coast subcontract out their delivery service so don't take ownership or responsibility. The subcontractor doesn't work for you so be prepared for a rough ride. An advised schedule is not to be believed or relied on. And when you call to complain you get told 'not to take attitude' as it's your problem not theirs. Have another appliance order to place. I would rather go without the appliances than to trust Coast with the order.

Yvette Hamilton  in Regina
Yvette Hamilton in Regina
1 review Regina, SK

?

Ordered a thermador, the sales person ordered the wrong conversion kit from natural gas to propane. Moving into a new house without a stove, company did not offer an electric stove in the interm...ignored our calls
and did not return calls!!! Will NEVER deal with them again! waiting three weeks + for the kit... hoping they got it right this time!!!!!!

SIMON Gill in Calgary
SIMON Gill in Calgary

Bad Service - Do not stand behind their words

When i went to buy a refrigerator and a washing machine, The sales person changed the originally quoted price over the phone and after i brought the matter to the store manager (Calgary, Center Street SE). He offered some discounts but declined to match the price.
This is how the bring the customers to the shop - be careful!!!

Sanja in Coquitlam
Sanja in Coquitlam

Laundry aet

I bought Samsung laundry set end oflast year, and I was having a problem with the set since I started using it. First they had to change whole programing panel, first time they brought the wrong one, so I had to take two days of my work to be there when they come. After that I started getting wholes on my clothes and it passed 3 months since I'm dealing with Samsung and coast appliances and they don't won't to do anything to fix the problem, I guess they are waiting my warranty to expire. I already lost 20 pieces of clothes. Don't ever by there unless you want to get screwed.

Private User reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Customer Service....Not

Well, I purchased a Fridge, Stove, Dishwasher, Wine Cooler and Hood Fan, Frigidaire Pro Series, from coast appliances in Coquitlam, delivered on July 20/16. I spent approximately $9500.00. The problem is with the Fridge, and the here is what I'm now dealing with.
The water dispenser continues to drip and dispenses warm water, the ice maker in the freezer has never worked, the ice dispenser on the door continues to spit out ice on to my new hardwood floor. And finally they is a small indentation on the top left corner of the fridge, that can only be detected at the right angle. I called Coast and was told I had to call warranty, Totem Appliance, and have a repairman come and look at it. They had to order a new ice maker, they could not find anything wrong with the water dispenser or ice maker, but it continues to drip and spit ice on to my floor.
When I asked Coast to just replace the fridge I was told no, I would have to deal with Totem. You would think that if you purchased a new fridge that it would work properly for at least a year.
The person I dealt with at Coast would not listen...I was even willing to buy a higher end fridge...but no that can't happen either.
It is important, in any business, to have good customer service, but doesn't believe that is true.
I wonder what they are going to do should my new floor become damaged because the ice maker continues to spit ice on to it.
I would stay away from this company!!!

Mike in Burnaby
Mike in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

All kitchen and laundry appliances

Paid for extended five year warranty. Assumed like other extended warranties it was, first year manufacturer plus five on warranty. Five year extended warranty a slight of hand. Turns out , first year is on the manufacturer and only four years on Coast. Fridge went out twice in first three years and Totem Appliance came to fix it. Didn't change out control board which should have done, but only made minimum repairs. At 5 yr +6 months, fridge shut down. Needed new control board. Cost $400.00. Coast said, "Too bad it has passed warranty". When asked why didn't Totem change out control board on earlier calls, response was, "Got it working twice didn't they?" Total runaround. Happy to take extended warranty money but not happy to cover it. I'll never buy from them again.

CMS in Richmond
CMS in Richmond

5 appliance purchase

I purchase a fridge,stove,dishwasher, washer and dryer from Doug White in the Coquitlam Store, delivery was to occur the following weekend. I received a call on the Friday to advise Stove would not be in delivery due to damage, he told me that he would call on Monday to update me on when the stove would be in. He did not call, so I contacted the store to learn he was off on Monday and Tuesday. When I called him on Wednesday, he told me that the stove was no longer on my paid invoice and he would have to find out why and would call me back, no call back. I called later that day and he still had no idea of what was going on and why he had no record of the stove, again telling me he would call, no call Thursday, called him again, still didn't know what was going on, I called him again Friday, still did not know status of stove, late Friday now very frustrated called after 4:30 pm when I was told they received their shipment and was told by Doug that he thought the stove came in, but could not confirm and if it was there would not be delivered the next day as it did not make the delivery cut off, I told him that his customer service skills were shocking and asked to speak to a manager, I was connected with Joel, who while sympathetic could not do anything "this late in the day" he would try in the morning to have another delivery company look after the delivery. I received a call on Saturday morning from Doug and was informed that no the stove would not be delivered. Once again I expressed displeasure with his customer service skills and lack of follow up and was told with sarcasm why would I call you you called me every day, I suggested to him that was what customer service was about especially when being told that my stove was no longer on the invoice, his reply why would I call you when I have nothing to report. It is now the end of the 3rd week, I have received no call or message regarding the status of my stove, maybe it will be delivered tomorrow. I will be glad when this fiasco is over, my original instinct was to not deal with Coast Appliance, I suspect that I will have to visit the showroom and find the General Manager, hopefully he will have Customer Service skills. I would not recommend purchasing any appliances from Coast, it is now my personal goal to tell anyone to shop elsewhere and I have swayed 1 person to shop elsewhere, this I consider the first of many to discourage in dealing with a company of nor moral or ethical sales Force, assuredly not Doug White. Pity what should have been a joyful event is one that has left a bad feeling, certainly not one of happiness. Shop anywhere else, assuredly you could not do worse.

Mark  from Saskatoon
Mark from Saskatoon
1 review Saskatoon, SK

Laundry pair

Stay away, Coast Wholesale Appliances extended service sucks, you have to trouble shoot the problem first before they come out. Samsung washer and Dryer is only 2 yrs old and wrecking clothes and bedding.

Mark and Irene Clavora from Errington
Mark and Irene Clavora from Errington
1 review Cowichan Valley I, BC

New Build

Absolutely the worst service ever! DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Ordered 14K worth of appliances in October 2014. Informed of delivery April 16/15 for May 15/15 -STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE FRIDGE. Brian was the salesperson and he could care less. Wouldn't answer emails etc.

stephen  from Coquitlam
stephen from Coquitlam

Kitchen Reno

Purchased a complete Jenn-Air kitchen from Coast. Fridge was delivered with no refrigerant, so did not work from the start. Coast would not replace, so took over one week to be repaired. Absolutely no assistance from Coast on an obviously defective, new appliance.