Capital Hardwood Flooring

Floor Laying & Refinishing
1017 Dupont St Toronto ON M6H1Z7
HomeStars  >  Floor Laying & Refinishing in Toronto  >  Capital Hardwood Flooring
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Capital Hardwood Flooring

Lillian

My neighbor used Capital Flooring and was very happy with their work. As a result, I decided to use them as well and am glad I did. The whole experience was very positive.

I added an extension to my house and was looking for something that matched my existing flooring. Danny helped me chose just the right one. I was on a tight schedule and Capital Flooring met my timeline. They were easy to work with and very professional. They left no mess and cleaned up when they were finished. The floor looks gorgeous. I would highly recommend them and will definitely use them again.

Job Price

Thank you for your kind words Lillian! It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to working with you again.
Cheers!
Danny

S.E.W. in Markham

Capital Flooring was recommended to me by an architect friend (who used them to install the flooring on her new house), so I used them to install a 3/4" solid white oak floor or premium grade. They arrived when they said they would and did what we agreed they were to do. They removed and disposed of the original oak floor, spent a long time leveling the subfloor (because the house had settled), and then installed a new floor. My floor was finished with matte polyurethane, and they readily agreed to apply an extra coat of finish. When I noticed a very few places that needed touching up or re-finishing, and pointed them out to the owner of Capital Flooring, he readily agreed to do whatever was needed for me to be completely satisfied, even though his workers needed to return a few times to complete everything. I have been completely delighted with the finished floor and have recommended the company to my friends. I would use this company again without hesitation.
(I notice that my 'signature says S.E.W. in Markham but this was done in Toronto...not sure how Markham appeared.)

Job Price

Thank you for the review! We are very happy to hear that you're enjoying your finished floor. It was a pleasure working with you and we hope to hear from you again for future projects!
Cheers,
Danny

Peter in Toronto in Toronto

Capital replaced existing flooring with engineered hardwood in my house and then my condominium apartment. My initial contact was with Thang, who did a great job in advising, pricing and setting up the jobs. He is attentive, honest and a general pleasure to work with. The job itself was performed by Quang who is not just a "trade" but a craftsman. He takes pride in his work and does not know the meaning of "no" when you ask for things on the job. But please don't ask for Quang (I want him to be available for my next job). I couldn't be more satisfied with Capital.

Teresakerr@sympatico.ca from Toronto

Excellent work by Quang and South. They worked extremely hard and we were very pleased with work. I rarely feel compelled to give a review, but they deserve a good one. Thang gave the quote, a total gentleman, even called to say he would be 15 minutes later than scheduled! Not many would consider 15 minutes as "being late". Helped with decision on hardwood. Very informative. They certainly know their business.
T. Kerr, Toronto

Lawrence from Toronto

Capital Flooring did a fantastic job with a very demanding project. Danny gave me a a cost effective and realistic solution to solving my levelling problem. The onsite tech Quon did everything humanly possible with my requests. Levelling floors is extremely difficult and I can't think of anything in the trades more tedious and time consuming. He spent the necessary time at my home making sure I was happy. I can't think of a more thorough, dilligent, or flexible contractor that I've come across. Danny and his team are my go to guys for any future flooring projects.

Klara Szocs from Toronto
1 review York, ON

Danny was very knowledgeable about the best way to solve my problem with different level floors. His prices were compatible with other companies and his men were punctual and professional. The finished product is of excellent quality and beautiful workmanship.

Louise from Etobicoke
6 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Last year (September 2012) I purchased a 70 year old house. The floors were in terrible shape. Captial Flooring ripped out the old floors, installed a beautiful new hardwood in my much desired herringbone pattern and achieved the beautiful grey-coloured stain that I envisioned.

To be balanced in my review, the installation did run 2 days over the deadline, which was inconvenient as I was on a very strict time frame and it meant pushing back painting the house until AFTER I moved in. The post-installation clean-up was non-existent and three old coins (pennies from the 1940s) found underneath the original floor disappeared.

The finished product was exactly what I asked for and $500 under the original quote (the cost of replacing the subfloor in one of the bedrooms turned out not to be necessary)

Jennifer Gold from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

I could not have been happier with Capital Hardwood Flooring. I was looking for a unique engineered product for my cottage and they carry this French-made selection that is superb in quality, the colour and texture are exactly what I was looking for. Danny was knowledgeable and helpful during the entire process. He was able to book me just three days after the estimate and finished the job within the week. I recommend this company for excellent customer service and very good workmanship. Thank you Danny again for making this a stress-free process.

Kelly Koellner from Toronto

My husband and I have been renovating our house for 5 years. We were looking for the perfect floors and decided on white oak rift and quarter sawn in character grade. We contacted 6 flooring suppliers and they all told us that they were not available (they didn’t even bother to try and source it for us). Finally, we called Danny (one of the owners) at Capital Flooring. He was able to find them for us in only a couple of days. My husband and I installed the floors ourselves, and Tommy and his crew came to sand and finish the floors. The difficulty with the floors is the variation in the character grade. Tommy was super professional (and an absolute sweet heart) and did an amazing job, however we wanted the filler of the knots in the floors to be darker and more natural looking (this was just a difference in taste). We contacted Capital Flooring after the job was done and Danny came to look at the floors himself. Tommy and his crew returned and added a stain to all of the knots. We were amazed at the quality of the floors we purchased, the sanding and finishing and the customer service we received. We have already used Capital Flooring a second time and will continue to recommend them to anyone who is looking for quality flooring.

Our floors are stunning!!

Scott from Oakville

The sales process was great and the quality of the floor is good. They arrived on time. During the actual installation the installers "slopped" stain on areas that they were not refinishing, which was left up to me to deal with. A high level of dust is also to be expected, but the site prep to contain the dust was poorly done. The installers helped themselves to furniture to rest tools on as well as lighting. One would expect professional tradesmen to have their own lighting for a job site.

Review has 1 previous version

More about Capital Hardwood Flooring

Capital Hardwood Flooring - now in our 15th year of business - supplies quality hardwood flooring and related services to home owners, architects, designers, and building professionals in the GTA area. Over the years, we have grown through referrals from our happy customers. We take pride in what we do …