Cambie Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Cambie Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Best of 2018 winnerBest of 2018winner

Reviews for Cambie Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Dishwasher Removal and Installation

We have recently purchased an old house and we use Cambie Plumbing and Heating for our plumbing needs. On this occasion we needed to replace an existing dishwasher with a new one that we had purchased. The problem was that the dishwasher drainage and plumbing to the old one was hooked up incorrectly ... very amateur like.... it seemed as if the previous owner just made due and hooked it up with what ever parts they had laying around. Anyways like previous jobs these parts were removed and the water supply and drainage was hooked up correctly. That is why I would recommend this company... they are good at fixing someone else's past mishaps and doing it right.

Thank you for the great review. Cambie Plumbing strives to "do it right" the first time and in the case of your new dishwasher it is obviously important to ensure the correct water supply and drainage. We look forward to serving your plumbing needs.

LC in Toronto
LC in Toronto

Efficient, well-done, and honest

The service was done in an efficient but professional manner and I'm very happy with the results -- my toilet is back to normal! The first invoice that they sent actually charged me less than what they should have, because they thought the part was supplied by me. Actually, the part was left here during a previous visit, so I let them know and got the invoice updated. Cambie Plumbing is definitely be my "go to" plumber who I have no hesitation recommending.

Thank you for the great review. Also thank you for the update on the invoice! We look forward to being your "go to" plumber!

40 year old water meter

After being advised by the city that our old water meter needed replacing and that the downstream shut off had to be replaced by a plumber before they proceeded with the work we contacted Cambie Plumbing.

They squeezed us in to a busy pre Xmas schedule. The plumber was prompt and courteous. Instead of proceeding with what could have been an expensive job, he pointed out that a functional downstream valve already existed further upstream. This meant the meter could be replaced without additional plumbing work.

Honesty is hard to find sometimes. However Cambie plumbing was professional and honest.

Thank you for your review. Our plumbers will always provide an honest diagnosis of the problem ensuring the customer is not paying for something they do not need. Happy we could assist at a busy time!

Jane in Vancouver
Jane in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Tricky installation handled beautifully!

I'd had a flood and was now installing a leak detection system. It's not a very common installation. Cambie Plumbing was one of the few companies that had the expertise. From Sally at reception, to Dominick's installation to follow up with Dan, the process couldn't have been better. They actually give a damn! How rare is that these days!

Thank you so much for the great review. So glad we have the expertise to install the leak detection system. We look forward to serving all of your plumbing needs!

Lara in Toronto
Lara in Toronto

Leaking Tub

Dominick came to my apartment (the same day I made the call) to attend to a leak coming from an to-be-determined source. He went out of his way, including rearranging his schedule to come back early the next morning to take care of the issue. I would recommend him and this company to anyone.

Thank you Lara. I will pass this info on to Dominick!

Kitchen sink repair superstars

Came on the same day, had everything they needed and came in at least $100 under all the others who quoted. The other companies were also booking a week our!

Thank you for the great review. happy we could help same day and cheaper than others!

s
s
4 reviews Vancouver, BC

They tried to charge me the plumber’s rate for travel time ($115 for 1.5 hrs, intentionally dishonest)

The plumber himself was fine, but the company is not well run in my opinion. They tried to charge me 1.5 hours for the plumber’s travel time at the plumbing rate ($115 per hour). Check your final invoice. I had to argue with them about this point to get the invoice changed. Their website (under “rates”) talks about “their upfront billing policy” and how other companies try will mislead you in this area, meanwhile they misled me. I found the company to be unprofessional and dishonest. Not the plumbers fault, but I would still discourage you from using them.

Review has 1 previous version

It is very unfortunate that this situation occurred. This is definitely not Cambie Plumbing's policy at all, which is evidenced by all of the other great reviews. Any time that a customer calls in to request a review of their bill, concessions are made to ensure upfront billing and that the customer is happy. No one in this office would ever be "intentionally dishonest." It is great that you were satisfied with the plumber's quality of work and that alone would warrant more than a "0" rating. You have our sincere apology for any misunderstanding on this issue.

M in Vancouver
M in Vancouver

Plumbing

What a delight to have great and prompt service. The job was done quickly, without mess. Ricky was helpful and answered any questions I had about the work I needed done and some other plumbing problem I had at my home. Would highly recommend them.

Thank you so much for the great review! I will definitely pass this on to Ricky.

Private User reviews Abbotsford, BC

Gas Range - fitting the gas pipe and installing the range

Cambie Plumbing and Heating fitted the gas pipe for me in December at a busy time of year, I was extremely happy with their work. Recently I purchased a range from Home Depot (Home Depot have been a nightmare from delivery to installation). Eventually I cancelled the installation with Home Depot, Cambie Plumbing and Heating came to my rescue. They did a fantastic job with the installation. I couldn't be happier. The technicians are professional, their office staff are excellent. Thank you for saving the day Cambie Plumbing and Heating!!

Thank you for the great review. Glad we could help and certainly happy to have such a satisfied customer!

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Connecting gas line to new stove

I had bought a new gas stove. The old stove was to be taken away at the same time the new one was going to be delivered, so I needed someone to come to disconnect the old stove, then return to connect the new stove.

I called Cambie Plumbing and they said they did this kind of job quite often, and that they had people properly certified to do the work.

The gas fitter came at the scheduled time to disconnect the old stove, then returned later that day to connect the new stove. He was very professional, had all the proper equipment including a gas detector, and did a great job. Total cost was $125 plus cost of parts.

I would recommend Cambie Plumbing if you are looking for someone to properly connect your gas stove. A lot of appliance installation/repair places will not (or should not) do this kind of work because they are not properly certified.

Thank you and you are correct, certification and proper qualification for any type of gas work us a must. Glad we could provide the service!

More about Cambie Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Family owned, plumbing and heating service company specializing in hydronic (hot water pipe) heating. We take pride in offering exceptional installation and service for all types of boilers and tankless hot water heaters. We have been dedicated to providing quality service to Vancouver since 1946.

Services:
Hot Water Tanks and Boiler repair and service.
Renovation services.
Drain cleaning and replacement.
Water Services.
Diagnostics and service of any plumbing issue.