Beautiful Bathrooms

Reviews for Beautiful Bathrooms

larrysharon in Hamilton
larrysharon in Hamilton

bathroom

First, I want to mention this work was done in 1998, so I don't remember the cost. However, it was reasonable and the work done promptly.
We were nervous first time renovators and Brian and his crew held our hands through the whole process, incorporating our products, and educating us about future care. We never had any problems with the result and sold the home successfully partly based on that terrific renovation. Our house was built in 1912 and no wall was straight. Brian and his team installed all the period look components we'd dreamed about. We got an art deco bathroom, which replaced a plastic nightmare
from the fifties. We're glad you're still doing great work in Hamilton, ON.

I Remember you quite well and thank you for the positive review.

Nicole in Hamilton
Nicole in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

UPDATED from previous "Not so beautiful bathroom - beware"

Lots of promises, little follow through when things go wrong. Bathroom Reno from 2015 had many issues that were promised multiple times to be fixed but are still not.

Pictures demonstrate ongoing issues that Brian promised multiplied times would be fixed but remain unfixed. Cracking ceiling, loose caulking, leaking into basement, a barn door too short for opening so you can see in even when door is closed.
______

Update - Jan. 21, 2018

Brian did come to the house and look at the issues that were outstanding. He promised to have his crew out to repair the issues.

The door is now wider than the opening ensuring privacy.

The vent pipe was replaced to allow for proper ventilation as the previous one was creating the damage to the ceiling. The drywall was fixed and painted.

The caulking was renewed which will hopefully permanently fix the leaking issue. We will keep an eye on it.

We appreciate Brian's visit to the home and response by sending his crew to fix these issues.

Review has 1 previous version

Sorry to hear about this. I was unaware of any outstanding issues and the last email I got (September 2017) everything was fine, otherwise I would have followed up. I have since this posting, visited your parents bathroom and will fix the 3 items that need attention. These 3 items will only take about hour or so to fix. We contacted you today to fix this, but unfortunately your parents were not available, but we will try again. Thank you for the opportunity to correct this.

Brian Mildren
Beautiful Bathrooms and Kitchens

Snailspace in East york
Snailspace in East york
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Simply wonderful renovation experience - start to finish

Brian and his team are exceptional renovation and installation specialists. We contracted them for a full and extensive kitchen, bathroom, and dining room renovation, along with full removal and installation of a new 1st floor tile floor.
We were aware that there are contractors out there who will cut corners, who will quote one price, and surprise you with another midway, who will turn your home reno dreams into nightmares. None of this takes place when you've got Brian's guys working on your project. We were fortunate tto have Warren and Dave assigned to us for the bulk of the work, and these guys were astonishing in the level of commitment and care they took on the project. They were thorough with the demolition, did what needed to be done to bring the house up to standard, worked above and beyond when presented with some unexpected structural and layout challenges, and then built everything back up to an exacting and professional standard. Floors, walls, fixtures, electrical, plumbing, and trim: all 100% top end work that clearly shows years of skill and knowledge. The project called for the installation of heated floors, and Brian brought in his own people to make sure the plumbing and heating systems could accommodate. The kitchen installation threw a number of challenges at the guys - nothing fazed them. Brian does NOT sub -contract: these are HIS guys, and theyve worked with him for years, decades even. THAT is something you want to explore with your contractor - how long has the crew been with the company? Ask too about your contractor's certifications - Brian's got a pile of letters after his name, all legitimate, all indicative of years of experience, study, and certification. He can accommodate client requests to the letter, and will tell you straight up whether your ideas make sense, or will be folly - he's not going to go ahead with something if he knows its going to result in problems later, or cost you far more than your budget, or is just plain stupid: he gets to know you, and keeps you focused on the core of your project. You can source your own materials, or let Brian do it; he'll take care of the kitchen , or you can Ikea it like we did - and the guys installed a kitchen that absolutely blew us away - better than we'd even expected.
At the end of the day, it was pricey, but here's the thing: it was 100% worth it - we had ZERO contractor issues, ZERO sleepless nights worrying about craftsmanship or construction issues, ZERO issues with the project that weren't sorted or resolved right away.

I cannot thank Brian, Warren, Dave, Chris, Eric, Ian, Simon, and the rest of the crew for the unbelievable and beautiful work they did in transforming our house into a home, and, you know what, transforming our life.
These guys are good. Get in line. (Because we've got another bathroom for them to to do too next year! )

2 complete bathrooms, a kitchen refresh, and new flooring

Great work by Beautiful Bathrooms. Full demo of an old outdated bathroom, installation of 2 new smaller bathrooms (including complete new plumbing, wiring, HVAC, tiles, etc). Results were even better than expected in the small space we had. Finishes were extremely professional. Team was well organized, polite, tidied up daily. After the bathrooms were done, we contracted for more work in our kitchen and dining area. Wouldn't hesitate to call them again.

jeff burke from Hamilton
jeff burke from Hamilton

bathroom renovation

I AM MILDLY HANDICAPPED, AND WANTED TO MAKE MY BATHROOM MORE ACCESIBLE. BRIAN MILDREN HELPED ME WITH DESIGN AND CORRECT FIXTURES FOR MY NEEDS. HE HAD A GREAT CREW, THEY CAME EVERY DAY, NO FOOLING AROUND. THEY CLEANED UP EVERY DAY, (THEY HAD TO TEAR WALL AND FLOOR TO WOOD) AND FINISHED IN A TIMELY FASHION. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE FINAL RESULT, I EXPECT TO USE THEM AGAIN, AND I WOULD RECOMMEND BEAUTIFUL BATHROOMS TO ANYONE, JEFF B

Yvonne Burnside from Hamilton
Yvonne Burnside from Hamilton

bathroom shower renovation

We had our old tub and walls surrounding the tub area removed. We now have just a shower area. Brian and his team installed a slip proof base, beautiful tiles to the ceiling, new shower doors and grab bars. Brian was excellent at responding to my emails and following up on any concerns. The two fellows that came in to do the installation were always on time, neat and worked very efficiently. I appreciated their patience when we could not decide on some of the simple decisions we had to make. It was an enjoyable experience.

Tara from Hamilton
Tara from Hamilton

Bathroom Renovation

I contracted Brian for a small bathroom renovation. He was very knowlegable in helping me make the right choices to fit our space. Unlike some contractors, he didn't just point us to the most expensive options. His crew showed up 1st thing on the Monday morning & were back every morning until the job was complete. It is obvious that Brian & his team take pride in doing a job right & with the highest quality. Once the job was complete, I realized the wrong toilet had been install...well that was no problem, they came back 1st thing the following morning & installed the correct one. I would highly recommend Brian & his team for any job & plan to use them again!!

Pat Parrett in Hamilton
Pat Parrett in Hamilton

Dear Brian:

Thanks to you and your crew for the impressive job renovating our 60’s “pink” bathroom to the modern, up-to-date bathroom we have now. Your advice and expertise was much appreciated and we are extremely happy with the work done.

Your crew, Tom and Chris, in particular, answered all questions and clean up was superb.

We will definitely recommend “Beautiful Bathrooms” to others.

Yours truly,

George & Pat

Bonnie, Hamilton
Bonnie, Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

bathroom renovation to be accessible

First complaint - the renovation took weeks longer than estimated, partly because the worker, who was very unprofessional and slow, worked only 4 hours most days with various reasons and/or excuses. List of complaints: one wall of a closet needed to be moved in order to accommodate the shower and the shelves from this closet were destroyed even though I had asked them to keep them; two of the lights in the light bar were broken and they actually put it back up with them broken, and the light bar was put back up where it had been and so not aligned with the new wall-hung sink; one full 4 hour day of work was taken up with making a ceramic base-board, which I had directly told the worker not to do and told the owner as well that I did not want it; the baseboard was so badly done I had to have someone come in to chip off the grout that was partly up the wall; they left a huge hole into the wall behind the sink (we are in a condo and of course immediately had bugs crawling through); they did not put a cover on the pipe behind the toilet that went into the wall (unfinished looking as well as another hole for bugs); the tiles were cut very unevenly around the door and the drain in the sink and look very unprofessional; the sink is loose and has started leaking - I will have to have someone come in to fix it. I could call Beautiful Bathrooms but since they were the ones who were so sloppy I think I will pay again to have it done properly. I had to call them back twice - once because the sink stopper was not attached and so we could not use the sink and once because of the holes in the wall. Both times I had to wait two weeks for them to fix the problems. I called again about the grout and how bad it looked but after two weeks I had someone else come in. I would not recommend this company and, in fact, I would urge people NOT to use this company. Some of the complaints may seem small but for that money it should be done professionally. This company is not at all professional.

I am sorry I have just been informed of this review. First I am sorry about the problems you had and would be willing to fix any issues you might have. Please contact me to discuss this.

I should also mention, that unknown to me, your installer (who up until your renovation had excellent reviews) was quite sick with cancer and passed away shortly after completing your renovation.

SteveB
SteveB

Bath and Shower insert

We had a bath and shower insert done in May 2007. The installation took 3 days instead of the repeatedly promised 1 day. A major inconvenience when it's your only bathroom.

The workmanship was poor. I had to repair several caulking joints within days of installation because water was leaking around the door. The wall panel was drilled in the wrong spot forcing them to raise the shower head out of my wife’s reach.

Within one year the tub developed a crack. It’s been 4 months now without any resolution. They repeatedly promise to show up and then cancel, or just don’t show up at all.

I would never deal with these people again, nor would I recommend them to anyone. They refuse to make good on there promise to ‘make this right’.

I am sorry but I was only informed of this review now. We do not do tub liners so perhaps you have the wrong company?

Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any other questions.