Baycliffe Homes

Reviews for Baycliffe Homes

James in Guelph
James in Guelph

Terrible

Absolutely horrible builder! Folks plz beware! We purchased a townhouse from them in early 2014. They are over 1.5 years late on the closing! Found out recently that they don't even have their building permits. No firm date of when they will get them! Closing will be further delayed by months and months. It's not even clear if it will happen this year! Builder is all but happy for people to walk away from the deal so they can resell for a higher price. On top of that customer care people are rude and confrontational. Instead of working with you to help resolve the issue they engage in weird debates. Worse decision we ever made was to purchase from them.

Carine _Williamsburg in Whitby
Carine _Williamsburg in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Baycliffe Homes - Williamsburg_Whitby

I am not sure where to start with our frustration with this builder.. I guess the "0" out of 10 rating says it all. This is the highest score I can give them because they are definitely in the minus!!!! Customer service is extremely poor starting from the decor centre representative to the project manager to the customer relations people in the office - Not one person in their office knows what is happening or can answer a question without pointing the finger at someone else. We closed our home December 29th, 2016 - and we made a mistake - we should not have done so; however we trusted that they will stand by their word and finish the house in a timely manner - we had no sinks in our washrooms- because the ordered the wrong size twice; we had no vacuum which we paid for close to $1800 as we were told that the company they get the vacuums from is closed for inventory at the end of the year and they will not be able to get it for us even though this was ordered when we went to the decor centre in July, until I told them about my son who has asthma and suddenly the vacuum was available the next day and it is a broken one - the telescoping arm is broken and has been replaced with another broken one, also one of the outlets did not have a pin - I am totally convinced that the vacuum is a used one! We also had no shower doors - we had upgraded both our shower to glass ones and could not really use them for a good 3 weeks as water will get everywhere when taking a shower. We had upgraded our floors to hardwood everywhere in the house - which they also could not install properly - the landings are not the same material - floors are hardwood and landings are engineered wood. Paint job - needed to be redone through out the house - one of the rooms has vaulted ceilings and was not completely painted because the painter did not have a ladder!! it does not say much about the trades they hire! All the edges in the ceiling and connecting corners needed to be redone as they were not taped and everything was lifting, it took them 6 months to send someone to finish the job and made more of a mess - we were left with paint on our leather sofa, they did not even bother cleaning it, we have pain drops on our hardwood floors, our furniture and our appliances - they never covered anything when they were working or cleaned up the areas they worked in. We have been in our house for 8 months and have not used our ensuite until this week because we were force to use it (we have visitors who are using our main washroom) - we don't want moisture to get into the walls - they had to repair the wall and after they sanded it, they did not painted - so there is no sealant to prevent the moisture from getting in.

One time we called to follow up, we were asked if we were doing that because we are seeking to be paid off!!! what an insult!!
We have gotten Tarion involved as nothing was being done- we requested an inspector and now are waiting for the report.
We will NEVER recommend this builder to anyone and I would say if you see Baycliffe Homes run the other way - they care about getting their money but not give you what you paid for. The experience with them has been nothing but frustrating and tiring. There is a lack of professionalism on every level in their organization. We have been very patient with them; however, we are hoping that all the repairs are completed soon so we don't have to deal with them and listen to their cheap excuses, dishonesty and fabrications!!!!!

First of all we would like to apologize for your experience dealing with the trades. We
hope that all of your issues have been resolved now. At the time of your closing, December
29th, most of the trades were closed for the Christmas holidays. As far as Head Office knew, all correspondence with us via telephone and or email had been very pleasant. We tried our best to accommodate your concerns in as much of a timely manner as trade schedules allowed for. You trusted us so much that you left us your house key so we can allow trades to come in and complete any deficiencies. To maintain a good rapport with you, we even went above and beyond to address items not listed on your Tarion Warranty submission. We will continue to warrant the product according to Tarion Performance guidelines.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Home purchase and after sale service

We purchased a home in Whitby from this builder and moved in April 2016. Many follow ups to the Head Office and the Builder Supervisor go in vain for work that is still outstanding to be completed on the home such completing the staining on our staircase, repairing walls they damaged, fixing the guttering that was not properly installed, installing insect screens, calking windows etc. Very disappointed with the after sale service!

Olivia in Concord
Olivia in Concord

VILLAS OF UPPER WASAGA

Being a first time buy with Baycliffe Homes, I was nothing but pleased through the entire process! Built with such craftsmanship and pride, you can truly tell the difference!
The people at the sales office were so pleasant, and helped pick the right lot that fit our needs! From closing, to choosing upgrades, everything was smooth sailing!
My family and I were looking for a vacation home to be near Blue Mountain ski resort in Collingwood, and The Villas of Wasaga exceeded our expectations! Thank you to everyone at Baycliffe Homes for making our dream vacation home come true!

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Whitby Phase 4

I bought a Baycliffe Home last year and I would definitely recommend buying a home from this builder. The customer service was amazing. Everyone that works for them are so nice and helpful. Lisa in Decor was so helpful in helping me choose all the right decor in order to have a Beautiful home. My house turned out perfect and I am extremely happy with the finished product. I plan to keep my house for a long time but if I ever need another house, I hope that I can buy from Baycliffe again.

john from Etobicoke

905-856-4775
1 Ashbridge Circle
Vaughan
L4L 3R5

I bought a condo from Bayliffe about 1 year ago. Their staff was friendly and very helpful. I customized my entire layout for free and the upgrades were very reasonable. I haven't had many issues with my place, however their customer support was very helpful and fast. I love my home and referred many friends who also love their homes. Thank you Baycliffe for the great experience. Keep up the great work

Christine in MAPLE
Christine in MAPLE
1 review MAPLE, ON

condo

We bought a condo from Bayliffe a year ago and have never had such great service. They were attentive to all our requests and anytime we had a problem with our unit they were quick to send out someone to fix it. The customer service was great and they were always very courteous over the phone and in person. If we ever decided to move again we would definitely by from them.

Jesse in Whitby
Jesse in Whitby
1 review WHITBY, ON

Gate of Whitby Phase VI

We have a very horrible experience with Baycliff homes, they have a really bad customer experience.

We sighed an offer with them last year, and we wanted to make some changes to the layout, they were very unwilling to do the changes for us, and for the thing they agreed to do, they offered a very unreasonable high price, plus it took very long for them to respond to any of your request. Then we decided to drop the offer because of this plus our lawyer's concern. And because we terminated the offer
within our conditional period, so I asked them to return my cheques.

Then the painful experience began.

The sales office told me that they will return our pre-dated cheques in few days. But we waited a week and a half, the cheque still hadn't come. So I wrote them (the owner Carlo and sales person) an email ask for the cheques, I waited for another three days, nobody replied back to me to explain. So I wrote another email again, the next day, the sales person replied and said she was very sorry and promised she will get the cheques to the office two days after. So we believed and waited, But the next day, the owner wrote me an email with very unfriendly and un-professionaly wording, he just told me they already mailed my cheques a week ago ( which was quite different as what the sales people told me), and he even said Bacliffe is not responsible for my cheques, etc. I still believed the sales person, so I went to her office on the day she promised will get me the cheque, but when I arrived in the office, they told me the cheques was changed to arrive in the office the next Monday, so I waited until next Monday, nobody call me, and I waited until Wensday, I called the sales office, the sales lady told me she will contact the builder again and get me reply by next day. So I wait and wait, until the weekend, the sales lady never called me back.

In the weekend, I went to the sales office again, this time the sales person looks like he forgot everything, and told me that he was not sure where the cheques is. So I asked him to call the builder, the builder didn't reply the call. The I told him he must let the builder know I were very serious and want the builder call me to explain. I left after he promised he will contact the builder. But I wait until the end of the day, still nobody called me to explain anything.

All I feel is that Baycliff Homes is not a reputable builder, I feel they are not responsible, no customer care, can't keep any promise, I think what they are treating to the customer will simply damage their reputation.

David H. Burton in Whitby
David H. Burton in Whitby
16 reviews WHITBY, ON

New home

We bought our first home from Baycliffe Homes 10 years ago in Whitby. The decor centre was based out of the model home and there was limited selection to choose from. All in all, I wouldn't say they're a poor builder, but they are on the low end when it comes to extras. My one big beef with them was that they changed the colour of the siding of the house from yellow to pink without telling us and refused to credit us or make any changes, despite the fact that we intervened when only a few strips were put up. So we were forced to live in a pink house with no apology. I wouldn't buy from them again.

Happy Home Owner, GTA
Happy Home Owner, GTA

New home

Baycliffe Homes Inc built our first home in the GTA. We were generally happy with the quality of the construction. The materials used were reliable and durable; the home was finished well before the closing date; the value for the money was excellent; and the sales experience was relatively smooth. The house was nicely built although attention to detail could have been improved. Our biggest challenge was with after sales customer service. Baycliffe did not, for the most part, honour our PDI, 30 day, and 1 year defficiency list. We had to follow up several times and most often they did not return our calls. We eventually gave up. Thankfully most of the items were cosmetic in nature and none were structural. However, our experience could have been improved significantly had this builder paid more attention to customer service. Overall, we give it a 2 out of 5 rating and would feel somewhat netural in recommending it to others.

More about Baycliffe Homes

Each home is built with attention to quality & detail you have every right to expect.
Looking for Builders pros in Woodbridge?