Aura Kitchens And Cabinetry Inc.

Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
1770 Alstep Drive Mississauga ON L5S 1W1
Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
Aura Kitchens And Cabinetry Inc.

Reviews for Aura Kitchens And Cabinetry Inc.

Jaskamal in Toronto
Jaskamal in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

From the very beginning of our move to our new house, we knew we wanted to update the kitchen. Aura kitchens came referred to us by a friend who had nothing but great things to say. Upon our first phone conversation, Onkar was approachable, listened and was more then willing to help us create our dream kitchen. The experience was phenomenal from consultation, to design, to build and installation.
Jesse & Seema

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Kitchen renovation review

We got a kitchen renovation. They finished the work on time. Very clean and we got just want we wanted! They executed very well! We really recommend getting a kitchen renovation from Aura kitchens and cabinetry.

Shami Lachhar
Shami Lachhar

Kitchen Remodel and Bathroom Vanities

Aura kitchens was the best decision we made for our kitchen remodel and bathroom vanities! From the design, to the final product Onkar Dhillon was there to provide his knowledge and insight. I especially enjoyed the design phase, went through multiple drawings before we got it perfect! Shared many ideas and pictures and they took my ideas and transformed them into reality! Never a complaint for all the changes. The next best part was the showroom! Aura has a huge selection of products, materials to colours and stone for the counters. guaranteed there is something there for everyone. Also liked the fact that you could select items ranging and n multiple price points. They stuck to the timeline and were very professional! The installation team were fast, efficient and clean on the job. Covid hit us right in the middle of our timeline but the team continued while keeping safety a priority! I am really happy with all the work completed!

Justin in Hamilton
Justin in Hamilton
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Custom Victorian Home Kitchen

We trusted Happy and Aura kitchens team to help us put in our first custom kitchen into our Victorian renovation. Happy was a pleasure to deal with and really consulted with us to give us options to fit our budget and provide us with everything we needed. The kitchen was promised on a certain date and was ready by that date! Communication was fantastic and we really enjoyed the entire process. It was great to deal with a professional company like this as we were juggling a full gut\renovation and had so many contractors to keep track of - Aura was the one we had to communicate with the least as they knew what they had to do and simply did it!

The installer was great to deal with and was a carpenter - he knew how to really make sure everything fit tight and did not rush the process and he didn't mind all our questions as he worked. Post install any smaller issues we had were taken care of and Happy and Aura Kitchens stood behind the product!

The kitchen is now our favorite part of the house and we have Aura Kitchens + Team to thank for that. Will not shop anywhere else for any future cabinet needs.

Amrit in Oshawa
Amrit in Oshawa

Disappointing Kitchen Reno

We were referred to Aura by our realtor, who had nothing but nice things to say. Unfortunately, our experience was much different.

Things started out smoothly and we felt taken care of but after the initial install, things started to go downhill. We were not happy with many things. Some pieces were already damaged prior to install and others just weren’t installed correctly. We had multiple detailed conversations with Happy & Preet after which we felt reassured things would get fixed. But in the end, only a portion did.

Installers came by 3 times to “fix” things. They were rarely on time and we were left waiting with no communication that they were running late. Every time they came we had to re-explain what needed to be done although this was previously discussed in detail.

After the first initial install, we were told not to worry as any adjustments and changes could be made. The installer came back, fixed a couple of small things but not much else. He also pointed out that some of the issues were with manufacturing defects of how the cabinetry was joined and therefore there was nothing he could do to fix. We then proceeded to call Happy (sales guy) back to visit himself to find a solution. Initially, we had noted over 100 defects, big and small, across the whole kitchen cabinetry. These included defects in the wood/finishing, paint chips, drawers cracked where the screws were over-tightened or completely misaligned. Identical drawers that had completely different spacing in between them and were not equal in measurement. The list went on. If there were only a few small issues we would be happy to let it go, but when there are this many, all of them add up to a kitchen install that is simply put, amateur. We were not looking for 100% perfection, but something at least that is not distinctly noticeable to the eye, of which many of these defects were. Upon the visit, here were some of the responses we received;

"if you're looking for 100% perfect, you wont find it anywhere" (when showing the collection of drawers that every single spacing was of a different size)

"you have kids, it's going to get damaged anyway" (when pointing out all the issues and paint chips left by the installation)

"when is it that you will be satisfied?" (when saying we will be glad to pay the remaining portion of the money but not all the issues discussed have been resolved)

"it's melamine so this is normal" (when pointing out each cabinet door on the inside back edge displays chips across the whole edge - this occurs when machine cutting uses a cheap/blunt blade to cut material)

Upon trying to give an example of buying a new small car (of which is the cost of this kitchen) and claiming it is new to find the doors don't quite close properly, paintwork is chipped, the window is cracked, you would hardly be happy to drive off with such a purchase. Yet for a kitchen, this is supposedly "normal because these things happen".

At the last site visit, we were instructed to give the installers the remainder of the payment. I advised that we will gladly pay the remaining balance once things were fixed as agreed. We sent pictures to show the issues still outstanding. We didn’t hear back. My husband called and asked to to speak to the owner twice. First time, Happy returned our call and said he would get back to us which he never did. Second time, there was no call back at all. We never actually heard back from the owner at all.

Overall the kitchen is functional but the finishing touches just aren’t there. Touch ups are blotchy, cabinets are misaligned and uneven. We were made to feel like our job was a small one and we got what we paid for. Clearly some clients are not as important as others. Perhaps if you spend more you’ll be treated better.

Please note that the counter top company they work with isn't any better. They didn’t show up on time. We expressed many times that we had a pop up electrical bar that needed to be installed. Again we were assured that wouldn’t be an issue. Come the day of installation, I was told "why do you want to put that? Just leave it". When I expressed that it was an important part of the kitchen for us and we wanted it done, I was told “draw a circle where you want the counter top cut and we’ll do it”. What is the point of hiring professionals if you are doing half the job yourself? Countertop came with stains already in it and you can clearly see the lines where it was glued together. The counters feel smooth in some small areas, rough in others. Please bare in mind the counter top company was chosen by Aura, we only chose the type (quartz) and the design. They are a separate company but we did not deal with them directly. Aura is the company that collected all our money and arranged for the install.

Words are one thing, but you cannot deny facts in pictures, so please do have a look at some of the pictures posted to truly see the "quality" we received. Be warned!

Right now, it's been 2 weeks after waiting to hear back from the owner after leaving 2 messages along with contact details to the main reception, after Happy said "i'll call you first thing tomorrow" and after sending all the photos to Preet after his request but then not receiving a single reply. We owe 10% of the final balance of which Aura does not seem to care about at all and are more than happy to wash their hands off this and move on. For which now, we'll be staring at these defects for the next 10+ years. Thanks Aura.

Karen in Toronto
Karen in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

Aura designed and fitted a brand new custom kitchen in our house this year as part of an entire first floor renovation, and I am very pleased with it. Onkar (the owner) and Preet were amazing to work with, very accommodating, patient, and responsive when there were issues to be resolved.
The design work that Happy (our site manager) did was very good and whenever I met with him in person he was excellent to deal with. However, when communicating over text or phone he was not very responsive, and there were a couple of times I really needed him onsite but he did not come. However, when I reported this to Onkar, he came instead so I was very pleased about that.
Onkar will work with you to accommodate any budget or scope of work, and was very up front about what things will cost. I was especially pleased with the subcontractor Onkar recommended for the electrical and structural work, Joe. Joe’s work ethic is exceptional and his quality of work reflects this. I was not quite as happy with the flooring subcontractor. The owner was very polite and eager, but I think he overextended his resources. There were several instances when they did not show up as promised, and I wasn't very happy with the flooring crew they sent - both days they were late and then had to stay til 9pm in order to finish the job. The carpet guy they sent, Stefan, was fantastic though.
Despite the ups and downs I am very happy with the final results and would definitely recommend Aura if you are looking to install a new kitchen. Issues will arise during ANY renovation project – let’s face it, large reno projects are painful, messy and inconvenient! However, it is how the company/contractor handles the issues that really counts. I found Onkar to be a very kind and honest man whose end goal was a happy and satisfied customer. This is a rare thing these days! Thank you Onkar for my beautiful new kitchen – I love it! See before and after photos below (may not be in the right order).

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Very Happy with my kitchen

I am so pleased with my kitchen Reno!!!
The guys were super fast and did an amazing job with no mess !!
Great quality ! So many compliments !
Thanks Aura kitchens
Cant wait to have you renovate my new home !

Sudhanshu in Pickering
Sudhanshu in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Kitchen Remodelling

We wanted to remodel our kitchen and for this, we consulted numerous firms and by a friends referral, we got the reference of Aura Kitchens.
They did our friends' kitchen cabinets and counter tops and we really liked the transformation that what we saw and heard about Aura Kitchen.
We admitted that they were going to be the tailor-fit choice for us. They were very professional and did everything in the least time
possible with no compromise in the quality.

We are incredibly satisfied with the way they remodelled our kitchen. Everything is absolutely gorgeous. We will be happy to recommend them to others. Thank you.

Thanks Sudhanshu for the kind words. Glad we were able to deliver you your dream kitchen as desired. My VP Preet Singh had a great experience working with you.
We are here for your future needs.
Onkar Singh
CEO

Emily in Toronto
Emily in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

The kitchen is one area in my home that I spend my most valued time. When my husband and I first moved in, we both knew the kitchen will need some work eventually. We began our shopping in kitchen renovations wanting something reasonable in price yet professionals in work. We shopped around for some time and finally came across Aura Kitchens & Cabinets. Their work and offers really caught our attention and made us keep going back to them, asking questions and clarifying our concerns. They handled everything very professionally and once we put in the order, they went right to work. Our kitchen turned out beautiful at a price within our budget. We want to thank them for all their hard work.

Nick in Toronto
Nick in Toronto

Renovation of our Kitchen

Renovating our kitchen was a pending task within our home for months just because we didn't know how or where to start. We spoke to various companies trying to ask the right questions and educating ourselves of the work involved.

A friend referred us to Aura Kitchens & Cabinets and everything seemed to fall into place perfectly without any hassle. All our questions and concerns were answered professionally convincing us even more that they will be our best choice. They educated us of the work, time and labor involved which satisfied us financially. Surely enough, our kitchen was rebuilt in no time and we love it. Couldn't ask for better service!

More about Aura Kitchens And Cabinetry Inc.

At Aura kitchens, style and sophistication meet function to create beautiful fine quality cabinetry and furniture for your kitchen. We specialize in creating functional masterpieces offering a selection of door styles, finishes, and decorative enhancements that allow you to customize your kitchen to suit your style. Our cabinetry is individually ...
Looking for Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design pros in Mississauga?