Aspen Ridge Homes Ltd

Reviews for Aspen Ridge Homes Ltd

Diana in Brampton
Diana in Brampton

Single House

My house just turned 5yrs old but it creeks like it's 100.
The floors creeks so much as we walk, you will know exactly which room I'm in. Can't even blame it on kids running or anything within that range b/c we have a new born. It's funny (& annoying)how even my little one knows when someone is about to walk into the room.
There is also a draft/insulation issue for sure. Our master bedroom feels cooler than all the other rooms, especially the master washroom.
Who puts one heating vent in the master, mean while the smaller rooms have two?
Lastly, the carpet in the upper floor is lifting so we now have waves on the floor.

This company has cheeped out in so many ways. There is lots of room for improvements.

Amanda from Richmond Hill
Amanda from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

New Townhome

My husband and I purchased a townhome-kettle lakes club two years ago. We knew it would be delayed. Especially after the last winter being -30• every day. We are happy our foundation wasn't poured in the winter! We purchased an end unit townhome on ravine. Looking at the prices now we are so happy we got in when we did for these luxury homes! We just had our pre drywall inspection and met with Rob. All of his notes on our home were perfect, the bones of the house looked great, Rob took the time to explain every detail and didn't rush us. He said our home 90% will be ready on time (fingers crossed). Karen our sales person is fantastic!!! Every time I have emailed her, she replies within hours and answers all my questions. So far I am loving the service! We went to another builder to check out a home for an investment and compared to Aspen Ridge they were garbage and treated us horribly. So far- great with Aspen Ridge and even though we have waited two years, I'm sure we will be more than thrilled with the choice!

matheson_ellie .
matheson_ellie .
2 reviews ,

All over

Worst customer service for horrible workmanship. The quality is awful and impossible to get in touch with anyone to fix it (and then you will have to call 100 times over). The site reps are a joke. Do not buy here or from Aspen Ridge anywhere

if from Woodbridge
if from Woodbridge
1 review Woodbridge, ON

New Home nightmare

I am due to close in 3 weeks with this builder. I am so disappointed in their customer service and site supers. I blame them for the poor quality of the work. We have had issues with the quality of their building from the beginning, call it bad luck, I don't know! From the early stages we are the ones who had to call them on their mistakes, so much so, they needed another crew to finish the rough carpentry because the first crew messed it all up, luckily we visited the site frequently, and notice a lot of the mistakes. They had windows swapped, window size wrong, we got an upgraded shower, they built it standard, doors on the opposite side of the wall, and that is just the tip of the iceburg, the poor workmanship so far is so much, my list for PDI is going to be pages long. When we called customer service in the early stages to advise them of some of the mistakes we got attitude, specially from the super, who when I told him last month the design on the foyer was wrong, admitted he had not been to the house in 2 weeks! That alone says it all. They don't like to be called out on their mistakes. So we stop pointing out the problems, saving them for PDI! Today we get called to do the PDI 3 days before closing, their tactic so you have no choice to move in with all the crap left undone.

Shawn Adam from York
Shawn Adam from York
1 review York, ON

Aspen Ridge Homes

My wife and I bought a Aspen Ridge Home (Kettle Lakes Club – Richmond Hill) back in March of 2013, with a closing date of January 15th, 2014.
The closing date was initially extended 120 days, from January 15, 2014 to May 15, 2014. As of this writing, the closing date has been further extended another 91 days to August 14, 2014.

A Scenic Owner from East York
A Scenic Owner from East York
1 review East York, ON

Scenic On Eglinton

Not sure whether Scenic On Eglinton was among the first condo project which Aspen Ridge did; however, I was extremely disappointed as the builder (at least the Customer Service) has been passing the blame onto the unit-owner. My occupancy was in early May 2013 and already experienced flooring problem at the very beginning. Unfortunately, thought the engineering wooden floor panel (dub the floating floor) was meant to be sound hollow; hence, did not report. In mid-June, minor buckling occurred which later on became serious buckling (over half an inch is raised from the floor) in early July. Reported the deficiency (which is mostly in the middle of the room rather than close to bathroom or kitchen) in early July and took the Customer Service closed to two months to give me a verdict and a slap in the face that it is owners’ problem that we did not maintain the condo unit within the lower than 60-65% humidity level; hence, the buckling. This is the first time ever I have heard of a condo with central air system and I have been running the air condition since occupancy would have humidity problem during summer months in Toronto. Not to mention this happened less than two month of occupancy; I fail to see that the condo unit owner could do so much damage but just not running a dehumidifier in the summer! After so many complaints, the Customer Service actually posted a note saying that we have to run our air-con & exhaust-fan 24/7; buy a hygrometer to monitor the humidity; install a dehumidifier in the unit; do not wet-mop the floor; etc… And I thought by getting the engineering wooden floor panel should mean easy caring… If this is the type of aggravation I get to have engineering floor panel, the builder shouldn’t even offer it at the first place! If living in a condo is so troublesome, I may as well live in a house in stead! I have talked to many people and all of them said it most likely was moisture trapped under the panel during installation; hence, during summer month, when the weather got warmer, the moisture is trying to get out and caused the buckling. I don’t see why the ordinary people can see this and professionals like the builder can’t… Do the builder think that the customers are really that dumb and have no clue of what’s going on? Being a “should be” respectable builder, I am very disappointed in Aspen Ridge Homes! I may not be spending big bucks and buying your new homes; however, I believed I should still be entitled to a builder with integrity and good customer service.

mv
mv
1 review Old Toronto, ON

New Home - Customer Service

Called AR customer service to follow up on communications and the rep was very rude and unprofessional. There had been an error in my municipal address and AR had sent a letter confirming to me that the address change had been communicated to the relevant utility offices yet I find out that this was not done. I wanted to just find out how she could help me or what next steps might be but the entire call she just accused me of being negligent and that I should have known better to follow up with the utility company on my own. I would have appreciated this same information if she was more cordial instead of making me feel stupid the entire call. I recognize that I for sure should have some of the blame but did not appreciate her delivery. She was not in the least helpful and I'm upset to know that my hard-earned money is going towards someone like her. No thanks on the attitude and this alone is enough to make me not recommend AR in the future. This is unfortunate because up to closing, and even during the 30-day warranty work, everyone else had been extremely helpful and pleasant to speak and work with. Daniela, I hope you're proud of being honestly the most unhelpful customer service rep I have ever had to speak with.

Daniella from Vaughan
Daniella from Vaughan

Credit Manor Heights- Brampton

Purchased a home with Aspen Ridge homes and I have never been so pleased with the workmanship and quality. The sales office customer service was amazing. The sales rep was honest and detailed, our inspection with the foreman went smoothly and he was very attentive to the workmanship. Credit Manor floorplans, site location and service is 5 stars all around!

Silvya from Toronto
Silvya from Toronto

New home

We haven't moved into our new home yet but my experience so far has been surprisingly good compared to what I'm seeing on their reviews. I hope I didn't make a mistake. I can only rate them based on my own experience and that has been pretty good.

More about Aspen Ridge Homes Ltd

New Home Builder
Looking for Builders pros in Concord?