Alka Kitchens Ltd

Reviews for Alka Kitchens Ltd

Lingster
Lingster

Kitchen cabinets

We hired this company through our project manager. Sam was very quick to come out and take measurements and to provide cabinet door samples. He was very kind and easy to work with. The problem arose with the incredibly long wait time for the cabinets.

Measurements were taken the first week of January and a promised date for install was mid February. Then mid March and finally, the cabinets arrived in April. His installers took 4 days to install the uppers. They used permanent marker on the white cabinets. Used an old blade that chipped the spacers. Cabinets were installed on an angle. Screws were missing from drawers as we noticed when we opened one and it dropped.

Installers were also argumentive when I pointed out the chips in the boards. They used a white filler that was very noticeable and they used a lot of caulking that left a huge mess that they left behind.

When I brought this up with Sam he said nothing.

The quality of the cabinets was very good. But the timeline was extremely slow and his installers are a huge joke. We also ordered pantry doors from Sam and it's been 10 months and still nothing.

If you can wait a few months , then I would recommend Alka Kitchens.but only if he uses different installers.

White kitchen

Ordered white kitchen for about 10000.00 (cost of cabinets) through our contractor Corpland. The size of the kitchen is about 28 linear ft. Any other finish was more expensive. The cabinets were to be custom made. The cabinets installed started cracking, i.e. the shelves were splitting. Paul explained that the nails were splitting the board, so the cabinets were not doweled. They replaced some shelves and they started splitting again. The filler boards were filling out. The lower shelves were covered with some white glue like material I guess to cover the cracks and to stop the fillers from falling out. The underside of the cabinets looks like a mess.

norman from Vaughan
norman from Vaughan

kitchen

We had several estimates done on our kitchen. Alka kitchens representative Paul gave us reasonable price! The quality of the product looks amazing! Much better ,what the builder had putting! We are definitely will recommend them to our family and friends!!! Thanks again for an assom job!!!;

Debbie Simon from Brampton
Debbie Simon from Brampton

kitchen cupboards

I recently purchased my kitchen cupboards from Alka Kitchens
3 sets pot drawers, pantries and cupboard surrounding fridge
upper cupboards and lower cupboards, hardware and countertops.
Soft close on all. Very satisfied and my kitchen is beautiful
Ordered On April 8th and Installed On May 6th&7th.
Thanks Sam and also your installer John is wonderful
Price was best I received and very reasonable!
I am in love with my kitchen, it is a pleasure to cook in it.

Lily Chetana in North york
Lily Chetana in North york
2 reviews NORTH YORK, ON

Kitchen cupboard

Pleased with the colour, installation done by the installer. However, the cupboard was measured incorrectly, therefore adjustments were required. My husband had to call Paul several times to come in to finish off the job. He came and did a sloppy job. Got home yesterday and just wanted to CRY. I still holes inside my cupboard. The finishing done by Paul was just absolutely sloppy. There's black glue at the side of buttermilk coloured cupboard.

September 21, 2012:

We are very pleased to say that Sam from Alka Kitchen contacted us came and remedied the problems we had with the original installation of our cupboards.
Thank you Sam...the cupboard looks beautiful!

Nicole in East york
Nicole in East york
8 reviews East York, ON

Bathroom cabinets made and installed

I was not very impressed with Alka Kitchens. We used them several years ago to make cabinets for our two upstairs bathrooms; two linen towers and a vanity, and a large vanity for the kids' bathroom.

First of all, we went there to take a look at their showroom. Now this is several years ago and they were painting their door, but it was on a Saturday they were not closed yet--it was during business hours. They did not put a "wet paint" sign on the door! So I pushed open the door and got paint on the arm of my expensive ski jacket. No one said sorry, and no one said they would pay for the cleaning bill; it was oil paint and NEVER came off. I don't know why we did not go elsewhere at that point, as it should have told me something about their service and attitude, but we stayed. They were the cheapest and our renovation costs were spiralling higher and higher, so we stuck with them because they were very reasonable. We chose white MDF thermofoil cabinets, nothing fancy. They came to the house to measure, made the cabinets, and then came back to install them. The cabinets were OK, but the crown molding's mitred corners did not fit properly (was a big gap!) and one of the doors was damaged, and the other door would not stay closed--the magnetic piece was not meeting the other magnet to hold it closed (it was a corner cabinet and an odd shape). I called several times and they said they would send someone. They never did. I gave up calling, and we just fixed the problems to the best of our ability ourselves. We were young and inexperienced; our first renovation. If it were me now, several years and 3 renovations later, I would handle it differently. Don't tell me I damaged the door (that's what they told me); it arrived that way!!!

Be careful if you are hiring this company to make cabinets for you; make sure the work is completed properly! It's the little details, the cosmetic stuff, mostly......but it matters!

Brian Weddel in BRADFORD
Brian Weddel in BRADFORD
1 review BRADFORD, ON

Bathroom cabinets & vanity. Delivery & Installation

This is our second renovation using Alka Kitchens in 9 years. First one was a complete kitchen and everything went well from design to measuring to fit & finish. 9 years later our kitchen still looks like the day it was installed thanks to the quality of material used. We decided to completely gut a bedroom & turn that into a luxury bathroom. Went to see Sam & Robert with our drawings. They remembered us. They made some suggestions and came out to personnally measure for themselves. 6 weeks later (exactly on time) the phone rang telling us they were ready. The installer did an excellent job and it all looks beautiful. I would recommend you shop around and then go see Alka. You won't be disappointed.

cherrybomb2009
cherrybomb2009

Kitchen

Just had a kictchen installed It was not how we initially discussed none of the measurements were taken into consideration. I had one electric outlit covered and a phone jack. Also had the hood fan is not centred and we are missing a spice cabnit i really was looking forward to getting it. I was going to get a second kitchen for my mom if things work out but it does not look like it right now.

Franca and Danny, Vaughan
Franca and Danny, Vaughan
1 review Kleinburg, ON

basement bar installation

Our positive experience with Alka Kitchens began with Rob and Sam creatively designing a bar that far exceeded our expectations. The job was done in a timely fashion, and the installer was meticulous in his work. We love our bar and we're so happy with Alka..Thanks!!

Tony and Mary from Woodbridge
Tony and Mary from Woodbridge
1 review Woodbridge, ON

Design and install a new kitchen

During our home renovations we searched through many Kitchen companys. We selected Alka because they had the whole package, Quality, Selection, good Workmanship and very competitive Prices. Your also dealing with the owners "Sam" who not only knew hands on what we wanted but made some great recomadations. In the end our kitchen is recieving great reviews from family and friends. The installers spent time and did a proffesional job. We highly recommend Alks to our friends and family. Thanks again Sam...