Reliance Home Comfort

Larry in Dundas
Larry in Dundas
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Home Comfort protection plan

Furnace making clicking sounds, 2 appts booked, nobody shows up. Furnace finally broke, no heat. They won't come unjtil tomorrow. Don't waste your money on this company and their so called protection plan.

I'm sorry to hear about this experience Larry. Can you please email me rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with more information and I will do my best to assist with this issue. Thank you. Rich

VOLLIE  in Stoney creek
VOLLIE in Stoney creek
1 review STONEY CREEK, ON

heating and air conditioning

I love reliance, the sales team that works at the homeshows is very helpful! I would for sure do business with reliance again, they were a recommendation from a friend which turned out great!

Thanks for taking the time to share Vollie. We truly appreciate it. RM

Jim in Hamilton
Jim in Hamilton
3 reviews HAMILTON, ON

New Furnace

There's nothing worse than waking up to a cold house during the winter months. We called Reliance for service and within 4 hours a technician was at the house. The problem was the heat exchanger (the 4th time in 12 years), time for a new furnace. The same evening a sales rep from Reliance came by, measured each room and then suggested a furnace. We made our decision, ordered a furnace and within 36 hours it was installed (it would have been sooner but the furnace had to come in from another city). The service technicians were here at the scheduled time, installed the furnace, gave me a lesson on the thermostat and had the area cleaned in very little time. Heat!!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience Jim. We sincerely appreciate you choosing Reliance for your home comfort needs. RM

Andrew Stassen in Hamilton
Andrew Stassen in Hamilton
2 reviews HAMILTON, ON

Looking for Hot Water Replacement

We bought out our hot water heater a few years ago from Reliance and thought about getting it replaced. We phoned Reliance to get a quote or to get back on a monthly plan and I waited for 10 minutes to talk to someone. I asked them if they could give me a price and the lady started to take down all my info. I asked her if she knew a price range and said she needed all my info before she could help and then said that she needed to transfer me and proceeded to put me on hold again. We later scheduled an appointment for a quote to have someone come out. Then when someone was to come out they left a message on our machine saying that yesterdays appointment got missed or something and no one came out. No call backs or nothing. I'll look elsewhere thanks.

I'm sorry to hear about this experience Andrew and would like to lend a hand. Please email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will be sure to get you some answers. Thanks in advance. Rich

Annette Lindsay in Burlington
Annette Lindsay in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Hot Water Heater

Feb 29,2012 I - 9.00 am, I called Reliance to tell them I had a leak coming from Hot Water Heater. By 10.30am 2 techs were at the door and I had a brand new water heater installed within 2 hours.

I cannot fault the techs or the quality of their work or the professionalism they showed towards myself and protecting my home, carpeting etc.

All I had to pay for was the new venting PVC piping which was not covered by the service contract.

THIS COMPANY HAS SERVED US VERY VERY WELL FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS. NOT ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM.

Thank you for the kind comments Annette. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience. Rich

frank h in Burlington
frank h in Burlington
1 review BURLINGTON, ON

Furnace Replacement - Rental Program

We had the pleasure of dealing with Reliance Home Comfort when coordinating the replacement of an 18 year-old furnace. The service technician who provided the initial assessment of the problem with the old furnace was very knowledgable, courteous and helpful, and suggested a number of options for resolving our problem.

When dealing with the customer service representative she too was extremely knowledgeable, prompt, courteous and considerate. Of utmost importance was her level of communication in keeping me informed of what my/our options were, and the results of her findings upon completing an assessment of the heating requirements of the house. As an engineer I was impressed with the CSR's technical knowledge of heating and cooling systems, and the importance of proper sizing for adequate home comfort – attention was paid to every detail.

The installation crew was also very professional and completed the job with utmost care and cleanliness - the quality of work was excellent. All work was finished-off properly and no "loose-ends" were left hanging.

My thanks to Reliance Home Comfort for a pleasurable customer-service experience.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience Frank. We sincerely appreciate it and will take this feedback to our teams to echo your sentiments of a job well done. Kind regards. RM

Matthew Buckley in Georgetown
Matthew Buckley in Georgetown
2 reviews GEORGETOWN, ON

Water heater repair

Considering a previous bad billing experience and everything I'd read on here, I was expecting the worst when I contacted Reliance about a problem with my water heater rental unit.

But, the two guys that fixed the problem were quick and did repairs that made sense.

I was given an afternoon service window (1-5pm) and they arrived well within that.

The problem was with the thermocouple and a (slightly) leaking drain outlet.

They installed a brass drain cap on the outlet. For the thermocouple, they didn't carry the part. It sounds like a common part you'd carry lots of, so, from what I've read here, I expected that'd mean a second service call at some unknown future date.

But, rather than wasting a trip to the parts supplier, they went to Canadian Tire, got the part, installed it, and now it's up and running again.

So, no complaints about this service call.

Great news Matthew. We appreciate the feedback and value the time you took to share this experience. Thank you. RM

Oscar R in Burlington
Oscar R in Burlington
1 review BURLINGTON, ON

Comfort Water Heater

We had small water leak from tankless water heater. Comfort "technician" replaced many parts and left. For 48 hours everything was OK.On Tuesday morning we heard strange noise from downstairs. Entire main level was under water! I had to turn off water. No water = no heat in the middle of winter ! I called Reliance and demanded tech to check what happened. We started to clean main floor. Carpet damaged, walls damages, many pairs of shoes damaged. We used our wet vac to remove all water then we borrowed heater and fans to dry entire place. First Reliance tech arrived after few hours. He brought SWISS ARMY knife and started to do dome work... Swiss Army knife???After a few minutes he said that this is not his are area of expertise and he left. After he left I removed water heater cover and ... I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES ! Two copper pipes were disjoined and two screws that were suppose to hold them together were standing on the top of water heater!!! I took some pictures and forwarded them to Reliance compliant department Two more hours has passed and another technician arrived. I asked him to write report about shoddy job done by first Reliance " technician".
I contacted my Insurance Company. They told us that there is $500 deductible and they will not cover work absence for me ad my wife.
Since January 2012 I exchanged many e-mails with Reliance compliant department. They refuse to cover anything unless I will show BILLS. They do not care about 2 days absence from work countless hours of cleaning and drying and damages. No apology either. Today I decided to hire a lawyer

I'm terribly sorry to hear about this issue Oscar. Please email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will be sure to escalate this issue to the appropriate group for further investigation. Thank you. RM

Frozen in Mississauga in Mississauga
Frozen in Mississauga in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

No Water Heat = NO HEAT

Have been left without a water heat which powers the furnace for over 2 days in the middle of the coldest part of the winter, and I'm still sitting here freezing and waiting. No one can seem to organize getting the water heater replaced. HOUSE WAS DOWN TO 5 DEG. C overnight and Reliance couldn't care less. They want my money each month but don't deliver any emergency service.

I am also tired of listening to the call center in the Philippines telling me they understand my problem. No they don't. It doesn't get to below freezing in that country. Reliance Home Comfort your company is the grand prize winner of the WORST COMPANY to deal with. You have more layers of bureaucracy than people to actually FIX PROBLEMS.

All I asked for for the 10 plus years I paid you every month was to fix/replace the water heater so I am not left freezing. It has been more than 42 hours since you were made aware of the problem and I'm still sitting here in the cold.

I'm sorry to hear this news. If you could please email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com I will work to assist in resolving this issue. RM

More about Reliance Home Comfort