Reliance Home Comfort

Cynthia in Milton
Cynthia in Milton
2 reviews Milton, ON

Insurance

I have been paying insurance for 2 years so I can have peace of mind incase something happens to my Air Conditioning/Heating system.
When I did have a problem, Reliance tells me that they don't touch my High Velocity System!! Well then why did you take my money for 2 years? Why did you not check what system I have before you took my money? How do you think it feels to have insurance, need help on a record hot week, and then be left in the cold?

To top it all off, I get charged $89 service fee, and $1800 for a crappy used circuit board in a stapled plastic bag on my doorstep with no signature, that anyone could have taken!

I had to spend so much time getting this rectified, all for nothing!
Very dissapointed!

(I had to find another independent company to help me, thank God for them).

I apologize for the experience Cynthia and would like to look into this situation. Please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with your contact/account info and I will escalate this issue for review. Thank you. RM

James Dunning in Burlington
James Dunning in Burlington
1 review BURLINGTON, ON

Protection Plan

AC stopped working hottest day of the Year. The repair went great and the service man was excellent and professional. Issue was that the call was made on a Friday an appointment was scheduled for the following day. I received a call just before the 3 hour window that I was waiting for the repair man to show up was about to close to say they were over booked and I would not be serviced until two days later. I was told that this was not normal and that it only happened less than 10% of the time. I have only had to use the service once so for me it is 100% of the time. I was lucky that my son with asthma was away for the weekend.

Thanks for sharing James, we value your feedback. I apologize that the appointment was not completed as originally scheduled but am glad that the repair was a positive expereince. Thanks again. RM

Dan Proctor in London
Dan Proctor in London
1 review London, ON

Replacing my hot water heater

I rent my gas hot water heater from Reliance. Last Saturday, I awoke to no hot water. I went downstairs and found my water heater leaking and not working. I phoned Reliance at 8am, and a friendly installer was at my house within 90 minutes, and brand new hot water heater was installed. I couldn't believe the great service I received, especially on a Saturday morning!! Thank you Reliance, you go above and beyond for your customers, and your highly trained service people rock! I've been telling everyone what a great job you did. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for sharing your great experience Dan. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so. RM

Claire in Tillsonburg
Claire in Tillsonburg
1 review Tillsonburg, ON

Air Conditioning

3 technicians, 4days & a total farce! No one knew what they were doing, THEY kept missing appts. & in the end my fiancee fixed THEIR mistakes! My 12yr knew more then the "professionals". Customer Service was a joke as well. Good at taking money, crap at fixing problems.

Very disappointing news Claire, I apologize for what has obviously been a frustrating expeience. Please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will escalate this issue so as to review the events that led to this situation. Thank you. RM

Bob Terry in Brantford
Bob Terry in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

Water Heater restart

My plan includes free maintenance. Technician restarted the heater but did not leave until he had investigated further and found a faulty safety valve. Replaced it. He could have left after restart necessitating a further call when the faulty safety valve malfunctioned again but went the extra step. Many thanks.

Thanks Bob. We appreciate the kind words and the time you took to share your great experience. RM

A. Ragheb in Markham
A. Ragheb in Markham
1 review MARKHAM, ON

A/C under protection plan

Our A/C was not working at its normal full capacity. We called on a weekend, the agent on the phone was very helpful, she got all the information and gave me a range of time for the technician to call me back. The same day in the afternoon, he calls and drops by 30 minutes later. He found the problem right away, and fixed it on the spot.
I find the company more than efficient in dealing with problems and in handling costumers requests. We are glad we signed up in the protection plan with Reliance, it is worry free.
Thank you for the staff at Reliance!

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share this great expereince. RM

Stephanie in Windsor
Stephanie in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

Hot water tank repair

I called with no hot water on a Sunday and was told I had to wait until Monday for anybody to come out and take a look. This was already after 2 other calls made to reliance for service on the tank.. service could be MUCH better then it is. When the technician did show up he seemed to do a good job, maybe he FINALLY fixed the problem. Thus far, not impressed with the customer service

I apologize for the experience Stephanie and would like to review this further. Please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with more details. Thank you. RM

DM in Georgetown
DM in Georgetown
2 reviews GEORGETOWN, ON

Leak in Rental Water Heater Tank

My rental Reliance water tank developed an internal leak which caused extensive flooding in my finished basement. While insurance covered the damage, I was out $500 deductible. Reliance would not accept responsibility, though they failed to provide a reliable quality product. under the Consumer Protection Act. Customer service would not return my calls and reps were belligerent. Users beware. I have now changed companies, and the new company's customer service to date has been A LOT better.

I'm very sorry to hear this and would to review the situation. Please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with more info. Thank you. RM

S.Ocal in Oakville
S.Ocal in Oakville
1 review OAKVILLE, ON

A/C service and repair

Our A/C was repaired by two servicemen (Dave and Dave) whom we are very thankful for their professionalism ,we felt very comfortable working with them.Thanks guys, I hope we do not need your services again,but if we do ,both Dave's are our preferences

Dave and Dave will be informed of your kind words, thanks for sharing the experience with us. We appreciate it. RM

More about Reliance Home Comfort