Reliance Home Comfort

Joe in Hamilton
Joe in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Water heater repair

Thank you for your great service. The agent was very helpful, polite and knowledgeable. It is hard to find reliable services these days. No pun intended. Best regards. Have a great day.

Thank you for your kind review Joe. ~Haley

Mgm in Oshawa
Mgm in Oshawa

Reliance service

I called Reliance to have a service tech come out to look at my water heater. They came within 48 hours. The technician who arrived was very personable and professional. Made some good suggestions on what I need to do to maintain the water heater from giving any problems down the road. I was very happy with the service

Thank you for your kind review, we are so glad to hear you were happy with the service your received. ~Haley

Allen from East York
Allen from East York

Heating Protection & Maintenance Plan

I was enrolled in the Reliance Heating Protection and Maintenance Plan a few months ago, to take advantage of the annual furnace maintenance inspection and also with the hope to save time, money and frustration when the need arises. Unfortunately, my experience with this protection plan was an absolute nightmare and I did not gain any of the benefits I was hoping for. The lack of knowledge and experience of the Reliance staff on our hot water boiler furnace had actually caused more of my time off from work; a lot of frustration; a few sleepless nights without heat and the worst of it all, I ended up spending more money out of my own pocket to replace the old furnace, which was only about 7 years old.

I put this so call protection plan to the test when our furnace started to behave erratically and fail to start periodically. I called Reliance and was happy that an appointment was arranged quickly. Unfortunately, that was the end of my positive experience associated with this protection plan. Over the next three weeks after the initial call, two different Reliance staff had visited our home in 5 occasions to repair our furnace. In the first 3 occasions, the service person sent to repair the furnace did not have any experience nor the knowledge in maintaining a hot water boiler furnace. After playing with the various furnace parts during the first 2 visits, this person was not able to determine the cause of the furnace problem but decided to replace one of the parts, hoping that would fix the problem. The part took about two weeks to get delivered. The part was replaced during his 3rd visit but unfortunately the furnace continued to act erratically. So, another call to Reliance for the 4th time and the same service person returned and admitted he had no experience in repairing our furnace and suggested I called Reliance again to request someone else who might have the knowledge in repairing the hot water boiler furnace. So, I called Reliance one more time for another appointment. On this 5th visit, a different Reliance service person came and he seemed to know the operation of the hot water furnace system, but unfortunately, he did not have any knowledge on the unit that was installed in our house nor know how to repair it. Again, he looked and adjusted a few furnace parts and also took a quick look at the installation manual for our furnace but still could not determine the cause of the problem. However, this time he decided to tag our furnace because he noticed there was an extra add-on fan to the furnace exhaust that was not part of the original equipment. He then basically said there was nothing else he could do until the add-on fan was removed by a licensed contractor, which I had to find on my own and complete within next 30 days. I was also told that Reliance would not come back to repair the furnace until the add-on fan was removed. At that time, the furnace was still working but was cutting out periodically and I had to reset it manually, which caused me a few sleepless nights. Although I was still enrolled in this protection plan, but Reliance left me out in the cold with this furnace problem and the risk of the total furnace breakdown and no heat during those cold winter nights. Over the next few days, I tried calling many contractors. Unfortunately, all of the licensed heating contractors were busy because it was winter time and removing a fan was a small job that no contractors would want to do during that time. I was unable to find any contractor to do this job and decided to replace the furnace because I just could not take the risk of the furnace break down and without any heat in the middle of the cold winter.

It had been an extremely frustrating experience in dealing with Reliance’s service staff. They have been to our house to check and attempt to repair the furnace 5 times but decided to tag the furnace on the last visit for a small issue which I was not able to get any contractor to do during a busy period in the middle of the winter. Why was I not told during the 1st visit if there was a problem with the furnace? Was this an easy way for staff to get out of a situation that they could not fix?

My opinion, unless you have a popular furnace model and the people maintaining them have sufficient knowledge of the product, this protection plan is likely useless for you. Joining the protection plan had wasted a lot of my time, caused additional frustrations, money and a few nights without heat.

Hi Allen,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and can understand your frustration and would be happy to look into this further. Please email me directly and I can review this. My email address is [email protected]

Penny

murrey in Ajax
murrey in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

new Air Conditioner

Prior to install communication between sales person ( Jeff) and
installers was excellent. The installers Mike Nick & Bill were what i
consider very Knowlegable and informative as to what they were
doing. Reliance can be proud of this team, and we will be doing business
in the future. They laid down mats on the floor , when they left it was like they weren't there.

Great Job
Thanks again

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Murrey! We're so pleased to hear your feedback. Thank you for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! ~ Penny

Rina in Saskatoon
Rina in Saskatoon
1 review Saskatoon, SK

Service call re-furnace

My service guy, David number 4271 was excellent. He took the time to explain, so that I would understand. He was excellent Wish I could have them at every call Star rating of 10 out of 10 he was excellent

Thank you Rina! We appreciate your feedback and are always happy to help ~ Penny

Billblock in
Billblock in
1 review , ON

Tank replacement

My hot water tank was not working and a service technician came out and said it was toast. The next day Adam came out to install the new tank. He called before arrival and was very polite. He changed the tank in no time and was very professional. He offered the protection plans and discussed options on plumbing. I highly recommend having this technician out to anyone's house.

Thank you for sharing your comments and review! We're so pleased to hear about your experience! ~ Penny

Liverpool in Bowmanville
Liverpool in Bowmanville
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Furnace service

Craig Austin was the Service Technician, he was extremely nice , very polite and new what he was doing, helped answer a few questions, he cleaned the area up

Maureen

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. ~Haley

Ivan in Oshawa
Ivan in Oshawa

furnace mintenance

After the problem with booking the appointment, everything else went good. The technician (Steve #5630) came on time before calling our house. His work was very profesional- he was very informative about the job, and on the top of furnace maintenence , and AC inspection, that was required , he fixed the leaking walve on the tubing leading to the furnace humidifire. The reason I gave you "9" is the aapointment booking problem . I would appreciate just your simple email address without URL, password requirement since I am non functional on the phone due to my hearing impairment. To reach you by the phone is like waitng for Santa Claus in May

Thank you for your review and feedback. ~Haley

J Bondy in Amherstburg
J Bondy in Amherstburg
1 review Amherstburg, ON

Hot Water Heater Replacement

Derek (2007) was the service technician that came into our home to replace a 25 year old hot water heater. He was polite and courteous, clean with his work and clean-up and a pleasure to deal with

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! ~ Penny

HAPPY in Oshawa
HAPPY in Oshawa

Furnace/Air Conditioner

Our Furnace stopped working and within 12 hours we had a new one, with a new air conditioner, 5 months deferred payments, Stephan & Matt came first thing and completed the job quickly with no mess, thank you so much, we are so happy to have heat again, plus a new air conditioner & really apppreciate the fast service & excellent service technicians that came to our home !!! Thank You!!

This is so nice to hear! Thank you for the wonderful feedback! ~ Penny