Reliance Home Comfort

HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Brantford  >  Reliance Home Comfort

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort

Our experience was positive from start to finish. Our previous, twenty year old furnace started squealing one day, so I called Reliable and within minutes a technician called me back and booked an assessment that day. The technician was a wealth of knowledge. He merely identified the pros and cons of each option, and we made a decision to replace rather than repair without any pressure at all. The technician guided us through the rebate process and within a week we had an energy auditor complete an assessment. Today our furnace was installed. The installer (Darrin) and his partner were great. Arrived early and worked hard. Everyone who we dealt with through the process - the sales rep, the technician, the installer - were professional, punctual, knowledgeable and trustworthy. And friendly. This team is great. Don't hesitate to rely on them.

Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate your business and are so pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! ~ Penny

Christian in
1 review , ON

Hot water tank gave up the ghost. Called reliance. I had a new tank installed 24 hours later. Service guys were courteous and very quick to install. Overall, great experience.

Thank you Christian for sharing your comments and review! This is so nice to hear! ~ Penny

K in Tupperville
1 review Tupperville, ON

The technician that came to adjust our new furnace to decrease the noise it was making. He was able to make some adjustments and it was suddenly quieter! However, he did not stop there. He proceeded to go "above the call of duty" and help us with some harrowing plumbing problems by getting us enrolled in Home Reliance plumbing plan! He was professional, polite, and knowledgeable! More than this though, he was compassionate and kind and a true everyday hero! The plumber came the next day and fixed all the problems that existed and all the problems that arose with the water being restored! Most amazingly, he did all of his work with a smile and even whistled while he worked! He worked tirelessly and was extremely knowleagable and professional AND KIND! He was an angel in Home Reliance uniform! I could not get over how blessed my family was to have met 2 amazing people, who just wanted to HELP! Not to mention, all the wonderful people working behind the scenes, working out the details so that my family could regain quality of life! God Bless the 2 men who helped my family tremendously and God Bless Home Reliance for their gracious attitude!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your feedback and are always happy to help! ~ Penny

Tim Y in Sudbury
1 review Sudbury, ON

Our 30 year old furnace decided to take a day off. Called Reliance and a technician was at the door within 2 hours. Furnace fan motor was done for, but the part was in the truck and replaced soon thereafter.

Francis L. did a wonderful job, and even put up with the 7 month old puppies who were trying to help out. Awfully glad we have the service plan with Reliance.

Thank you so much Tim for sharing your comments and review with us! We appreciate your business and are always happy to help ~ Penny

Steve C in Toronto

I was told by Reliance Home Comfort to write a review here after my furnace installation was complete… Here goes.

We purchased a semi-detached house in Toronto almost 7 years ago which came which a furnace and thermostat. Being a nerd and loving the Nest thermostat I immediately installed the Nest and it worked perfectly for over 6 years. However, myself, my wife and 2 young kids woke up to a very cold house on the 13th January 2018. Inspecting the existing furnace I soon realized that it was the motor that needed replacing and at the cost I was quoted it was a risk repairing as I could not guarantee something else would not break down.

Considering my options and being an existing Reliance Home Comfort customer renting a water heater that came with the house, I went to the Reliance Home Comfort Website. The Reliance Home comfort page loads and I am inundated with the message – “stay on budget, with a new furnace for less than $40 a month *”. Having young kids I call immediately to book an appointment the same day and receive confirmation that a Reliance Home Comfort advisor will visit at 7pm on the 13th Jan. The website also states that if Reliance cannot install a furnace within 24 hours (excluding Sunday), that you will receive $500 as compensation. Back to Saturday 7pm on the 13th Jan… we wait (in the cold), we wait and we wait, but no one shows up and no one calls. The next available appointment to see a Reliance Home Comfort advisor is Monday 15th Jan 2 days away so we have a very cold weekend in the house constantly running the gas fire place 24 hours a day and huddled in the one warm room. After taking time off on Monday 15th Jan, a chap with the name Brandon P. does promptly arrive to discuss our options. It appears that the $40 month is not for renting and is only for financing over 12 years and would not be suitable for our property due to output power v size of the house (not big at all). After looking at the options we agree on a $80 a month rental furnace over 7 years and I am also told by Brandon that I will be eligible for a $250 rebate for improving the efficiency of my home, I may also be eligible to apply for a $1600 rebate depending on further efficiency improvements. So that’s it, the installation is booked for the next day 16th Jan – to which I would have to take more time off work (2 days).

Please note. If the person had turned up for the Saturday appointment as confirmed, the installation could have happened on the Monday so technically I should be entitled to the $500 as the 24 hour installation guarantee was missed due to the missed appointment on the Saturday.

Moving on. I took said time off work and he installation crew arrived on the Tuesday 16th Jan (a bit later than was informed), and they completed the installation and we now had a warm house again – all be it for an additional $80 a month but at least now we were covered for any further downtime.

However once more on Friday the 19th Jan we awoke to a freezing cold house. It would appear that the team who installed the thermostat did something to stop the power to the Nest Thermostat and it had been running on its own internal batteries since the installation and now the batteries had run out. Which means no more Nest thermosat, which means no more heat.

So I call Reliance and they agree to send out a technician to make amends that day from 4 -8pm so once again I have to take a couple of hours off work (3rd day) to accommodate Home Reliance comfort (We’re not comfortable until you are…). It gets to 8pm and my kids are now staring out the window waiting for someone to make the house warmer – again no one shows but we do get a call at 7:59pm. “The technician is running about 2 hours late, would you still like him to fix it…?”, not entirely sure how I am meant to say no as everyone is tired of being cold, I of course say YES. The technician arrives eventually and after looking at the previous installation removes a jumper from what looks like a connector on the motherboard and now the Nest has power and we are good to go.

So yesterday 7th Feb 2018, we returned from work at about 5:30 to a very cold house and once again the Nest thermostat had no power – once again this Nest was installed without any problems for about 6 ½ years before Reliance Home Comfort installed the new furnace. I call Reliance again and almost laugh when the customer service representative (Deborah), has to check if the furnace is in warranty – it’s not even a month old and it’s been down twice. So although once again my furnace is down and the house and kids are freezing, the next available repair is not for the same day, but for the next day (today – 8th Feb 2018). So now I have to take more time off work (4th Day), for Home Reliance comfort (We’re not comfortable until you are…) to try and correct their installation as once again we had to endure a freezing cold night and morning with young kids, including having to use additional coats, hats and gloves as they had not dried out from the previous day due to not having heat in house. Today’s appointment is once again from 4-8pm so once again I am sure my kids will be watching out the window waiting once again for someone to make sure they do not go to bed cold…

Also, almost 4 weeks after the initial appointment with Brandon, I have heard nothing as promised regarding the rebates, there are improvements I can do to improve the warmth and efficiency of the home but if we are going to apply for the rebate I need to hold off until the initial test is complete to compare the before and after data.

While writing this I have also been on the Home Reliance comfort (We’re not comfortable until you are…) website and listed under At Reliance™ Home Comfort, we’re not comfortable until you are™. That’s why we offer some of the best guarantees in the business on our heating and cooling products and services.*, I have noticed 2 guarentee’s which I believe are applicable to our situation.

1) $500 NO FRUSTRATION GUARANTEE
If your furnace or air conditioner fails to heat or cool your home during the first year, we will fix it for FREE including all parts and labour AND write you a cheque for your frustration and aggravation.

2) COMFORT GUARANTEE
We guarantee the system(s) we install in your home will heat or cool your home as we stated. If the temperature range on the thermostat is not achieved as we promised, we will replace the system at no charge.

While the system should not need replacing – just installing correctly, I certainly would like to apply for the $500 no frustration guarantee and on the promise to install a new furnace within 24 hours $500 ($1000).

I will update this review depending on the response to this post and if the furnace is installed correctly between 4 and 8pm today.

Regards
Steve

Update: on the 4th visit the technician states that the problem is the Nest and the "C" wire is missing and therefore not compatible with the new furnace - not their problem and i will have to hire an electrician at my own expense to modify the wiring - even though it was working fine prior to the new furnace. After a few phone calls the technician arranges for another technician to install a "remote" "C" wire. So I arrange for more time off work the next day (5th time), and the 5th technician arrives and installs the "remote" "C" wire and we are back up and running.

So far so good and we have heat but i must say I unfortunately now have lost confidence in the system and would not be surprised if the system went down again. Also curious to see if this effects the AC in the summer. One thing I will say is that everyone was very nice, tidy and seemed genuine. Fingers crossed the system stays up...

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Steve, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I can look into this further, please email me [email protected] ~ Penny

Sluggster in Chatham-Kent
1 review Chatham Kent, ON

72 Degrees came to find the problem
Found out the thermostat was corroding and not sensing the temperature properly
Had to order a new one.
Returned next day, and had it up and running in less than an hour
Serviceman(Steve) was very polite and knowledgeable
Did a great job and answered all my and my grandsons questions.
I give him 10 stars

Thank you for the wonderful review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are always happy to help ~ Penny

Golfguy67 in Brampton

Our 12 -yr old furnace failed on one of the coldest nights of the year. We called Reliance early next morning and a technician was there by noon. Unfortunately, the furnace had to be replaced instead of repaired, so he booked us an advisor for that same evening. Andrew Mc Master did a fantastic job letting us know what our options were and we were confident enough in Andrew's assessment to get a package for a new furnace, A/C unit and a tankless water heater.
Installation for the furnace and the A/c was booked for the next day, the water heater the Friday of that week. Sure enough, the team arrived by 9:30 the next morning. They were very courteous, explained what was happening and very professional at their job. Within the next four hours, installation and training was complete and there was heat. We are very happy with Andrew and his team and would recommend them anyday to our friends and family.

Thank you so much! We're so happy to hear that you had a great experience. Our team does their best to go above and beyond. Thank you for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! ~ Penny

Jamie
1 review Oshawa, ON

Reliance just conducted my first yearly maintenance on my hot water tank. The service was excellent, exceeding expectations. He provided a good explanation for what he was conducting. Quick service and great customer service. Thank you Adam.

Thank you for sharing your comments and review with us Jamie! We appreciate your feedback and are always happy to help ~ Penny

Patsy in Sudbury
1 review Sudbury, ON

humidifier was leaking, water all over what a mess. John S from Reliance came and although he is not a furnace person, he walked in looked at it said yup have that in the truck, went got part, changed part, cleaned up, tested it, and all done ... Wow what service. I am sad that there is water damage to my basement walls and floors but happy it was repaired so efficiently and expertly.. there should be coverage when your house gets harmed due to equipment failure without your deductible of 2000 dollars for insurance and then an increase in your insurance when it had nothing to do with you but the equipment :)

Hi Patsy, Thank you for your feedback regarding our technician. I'm so sorry to hear about the damages from the humidifier, if you need assistance please email me [email protected]

Hafiz Bastan in Oakville
1 review Milton, ON

Our furnace stopped working on Sunday morning. We called help desk who made it a priority and sent a technician within an hour in the midst of snow. We later found out that our furnace was done for good. The service tech arranged sales team to show up within 2 hours of promised time. Sarah showed up who was very pleasant and courteous. Once we selected our furnace she sat up a priority call to install our furnace the next morning due to the temperature drop. Monday at 11 AM we had our new furnace installed and up and running. The help desk, the service Technician, Sales team and the gentlemen who installed our furnace made this experience very pleasant and everything was done very seamless. I am extremely pleased with them and they deserve to have my business now and my business in the future. I will not hesitate to do business with them again. The reliance home comfort should be proud to have such individuals who raise up the bar in the service industry. My hats off to you guys for your awesome job.

Thank you so much Hafiz for the wonderful review! We're so pleased to hear about your experience and appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! ~ Penny

More about Reliance Home Comfort