David J. Design Inc.

Interior Design
HomeStars  >  Interior Design in Etobicoke  >  David J. Design Inc.

Reviews for David J. Design Inc.

KarynA
KarynA

Kitchen Reno

I can’t say enough good things about David J Design. I hired David to renovate my kitchen in a condo and I entered into this reno as a newbie, never having done one. David provided the support I needed from the start and helped me to shape and refine the design, as I only had a very high level idea of what I wanted. From the first meeting, he listened intently, asked questions took notes and made suggestions and recommendations along the way. Very quickly after this initial meeting, he took me shopping to get a better sense of my taste. He had already pre-shopped, so he was able to show me what he had in mind based on our previous conversations; he was always on point, demonstrating to me how closely he had listened to me. I provided him my budget and he was able to stay well within that, using his years of experience in design to incorporate high quality finishes where we could, while saving money in other areas. His crew was amazing; great work ethic and efficient. They real maximized their time every day they were onsite; I was always impressed by how much work was done in a day. He was onsite almost every day during the reno and kept me up to date on everything along the way. I never had to ask to be updated. I even threw a few curveballs (additional things I wanted) and he was able to incorporate them into the final design. I am in LOVE with my new kitchen, I couldn’t be happier. I felt taken care of and supported during this process and he earned my trust almost immediately. Anyone looking for a superior designer, for a project, big or small, who knows their stuff, has great taste and truly values and listens to their clients needs and wants, would do well to hire David J. Design.

New bathroom construction

This is the second time we've worked with David and would strongly recommend working with him. With David's help, we designed a bathroom from scratch in our third floor loft. The odd angles and unique shape of the space made it a challenging project, but the design came out exactly as we had hoped. What really stands out about David is his attention to detail - down to the last square inch - he's committed to making sure everything is perfect. He was also a great partner to our general and sub contractors which is another reason the project was a success.

Thanks again Brent for that very nice review. I really enjoyed working with you and Hayden on this project (our second project together) . You both are a real joy to work with and I look forward to the next time. Cheers

Patrick in Toronto
Patrick in Toronto

Kitchen and family room reno

Several years ago I was in need of a bathroom renovation. After an initial consultation I decided to go with David. I could not have made a better choice. Aside from a bathroom design, which I loved, I found David to be a great person to work with. Based on this I decided to have David continue the renovation of my home, this time tackling my kitchen (which had been awarded the “Most Unusable Kitchen Of The Year Award” by friends and family) and my outdated family room.

The kitchen was dark, poorly laid out and separate from the family room. I wanted this opened into one large space so I could actually visit with people when I cooked. This involved architectural drawings, building permits, and the removal of a load-bearing wall, all of which David took care of. I didn’t have to worry about a thing.

The kitchen is now bright, functional (I hope to win a different award with it now) and open to my new beautiful family room. I couldn’t be happier. A huge THANK YOU to David who brought it all together. I wouldn’t hesitate to call on him for any future renovations.

Thankyou Patrick for this terrific review. It was a real pleasure once again working with you on this project. Im sure you are going to enjoy your beautiful new kitchen and family room for many years to come. Cheers

ctousignant50
ctousignant50

Master bathroom renovation.

A complete renovation of our master bathroom was undertaken. The project was meticulously planned from the outset with several design options to chose from for the general layout. There was ample consultation regarding the details of the project in order to obtain the desired look, with good guidance regarding what can and cannot work. This is priceless as it avoids costly mistakes. Therein lies the advantage of expert advice. The execution was well supervised. There was excellent communication from between us and the contractor who explained the timeline and constraints and the consequences of any deviations. The final product was impressive. Although it took slightly longer than anticipated and renovations are always a bit disruptive and stressful, we understood what was required. This was our second project with David J and we would not hesitate to do a third with him in the future.

Thankyou so much Claude for that really nice review. Once again it was an absolute pleasure working with you and Eric on your bathroom. You were ideal clients to work with who were open to suggestions. Enjoy your new luxurious bathroom.

Kitchen and bathroom redesign

Working with David was a dream come true! He is not only creative but also extremely practical and helped us bring about our vision for a redesigned kitchen / entrance hall and two new bathrooms. By using Ikea products, we were able to keeps costs down and you would never know by looking at the finished product.

I would have no hesitations about recommending David to anyone looking to tackle a renovation - big or small.

Dale in Toronto (Church/Wellesley)
Dale in Toronto (Church/Wellesley)

Kitcehn resdesign and project management

This is the second time I've engaged David for a major renovation and both times I've been ecstatic with the results. We love the design he put together for us, and he managed the trades perfectly to ensure everything was done when we were told to it would be -- in fact, the work was done early and we could get most of the apartment painted without any delay to the expected completion date. I'll definitely be using David for our next renovation.

Derek A. from Toronto
Derek A. from Toronto

Client

As a sales associate at Upper Canada Specialty hardware I always look forward to a visit in our showroom from David, He's professional, well organized and has great skill at knowing what will work in any space whether its cabinet hardware or door hardware, I highly recommend his services.

B.Sommerville from Newmarket
B.Sommerville from Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Kitchen Renovation, Main Floor Renovation

This was a daunting renovation, undertaken with trepidation after residing in our home for over 25 years. David helped to make the process easier: he quickly understood our design goals, and worked smoothly with our contractor (Precision Renovations) to achieve the desired results.

Communication was excellent, our budget was respected, and questions and concerns were promptly addressed. Pre-construction drawings were throughly detailed, and demonstrated David's ability to maximize our space to its best advantage.

David was also skilled at making sure that we got the most impact for our dollar: for example, by customizing Ikea shelving and cabinetry in the kitchen, and family room, and by having custom upholstered pieces made when similar items were unavailable (or unaffordable) in the marketplace.

While furniture and accessory shopping, David ensured we worked to floor plans, and did not overspend needlessly. We are thrilled with the results.

Calm and upbeat throughout, and with an organized attention to detail, we would not hesitate to hire David for future projects.

R. from Cabbagetown
R. from Cabbagetown

Kitchen Renovation in my new condo

Fifteen years ago David did my kitchen in my last house, a few years later he did my master bathroom. When I moved into my new condo he did my custom built ins and interior design. Most recently he did my kitchen and once again everything went off without a hitch. Even though the space is small and awkward he managed to really maximize my storage and give me more than ample work space. The end result is a great looking and really functional kitchen. Once again I highly recommend David and his team.
R from Downtown Toronto

Claude Tousignant from Toronto
Claude Tousignant from Toronto

Kitchen and bathromm renovation

Recent renovation project involving complete redesign of kitchen and bathroom. Multiple options on layout were offered each with pros and cons. Timeline and plans were carefully outlined with cost estimates, all of which were remarkably adhered to. The budget considerations were reasonable considering the vast array of product options and pricing. There was frequent project supervision and excellent communication. All potential problems were identified and accounted for. Great help in developing a product to your own taste that can be done. Undertook the project with some degree of trepidation and was pleased with process and final product. Would definitely work with this team again.

More about David J. Design Inc.

David J. Design Inc. has built beautiful rooms for over 30 years.
As well as doing medium to high end custom kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, built-ins etc., we have been able to (with a little ingenuity) create many beautiful custom kitchens and bathrooms with a high end look using IKEA and Big Box Store cabinetry . This allows consumers with a more limited budget to get the kitchen or bathroom they have always wanted.

Kitchens,Bathrooms,Mudrooms, Laundry rooms, Basements, Custom designed Built ins, Entertainment Units, New Living Room. New Kitchen. New Kitchen. New Desk. New Cleanup Area. New Dining Room. New Hallway. New Dining Room. New Family Room.