Needed a new fence, so on word of mouth and reading reviews decided to go with Sunbury.
It was a strange experience, the first person we dealt with had great ideas, but apparently did not include enough information in the quote for the workers to proceed. We then found out that he was no longer with the company and a new person was sent out to re-quote us. The new person was much more thorough and we decided to proceed with the new quote.
Fence tear down:
- done quickly during the first 2 days
- was messy, old fence posts, nails and rocks were left scattered about the property and surrounding sidewalks
New fence build:
- It took a long time to get the new fence posts in. Granted there were a few rainy days, but there were other days where the workers didn't even show up, resulting in lost days of work. Because of this, a few of them were fired apparently bringing the number of workers down to 2 (instead of about 5)
- They did not re-staff the team, the remaining 2 workers were left to finish the entire fence. Thankfully these 2 workers worked extremely hard, late nights and weekends, to finish the work. For that I'm gratefull.
- Because it was only 2 people doing the job (actually almost 1, the other was being loaned from another job when he had the time) There were several pieces that were not installed at all, or installed incorrectly requiring a return visit (by a different worker).
- Overall, I'd give the quality of the work about a 7/10.
- The standard fence panels, with vertical ceder boards joined to a horizontal top rail was built fairly well, and they did a good job building and adjusting to the different terrain heights.
- The 'show' fence which featured horizontally spaced boards seemed underbuilt and is coming apart after only a few months.
- Overall they were fairly easy to reach, however it's always a guessing game weather or not the person you're dealing with will remain employed. Just found out the second person we dealt with for getting the quote is also no longer with them.
- Started getting emails to finish paying, prior to the job getting completed. However once I told the person who sent me the email this, they apologized and waited until the job was done.
- I am trying to contact them about the portions of the fence that are falling apart already, but have not heard back from them yet, so I will reserve comment on their '1 year labor warranty' until that is sorted out.
Overall, would I recommend them? I don't know.