Back this past april we had sunbury cedar come in to build us a simple 25' x 25' deck that we can use and enjoy. They it was built when you come off the stairs you walk straight on to the deck and it is low enough that we did not need stairs built . The crew was quick and clean up after themselves and didn't know they were there and the estimator was so dead on there was little left over . I you are looking for a deck to be built i would go with sunbury cedar and they are reasonably priced
This is the second fence on my property built by Sunbury Cedar. I asked them to build this one because I was so happy with the first one on the other side of my garden. I will definitely recommend them to my friends. Great work and a reasonable price.
Best in the business + quote was reasonable.
A++++ for workmanship, communication, honesty and integrity. So glad we used their services.
Wade, the installer went above and beyond to ensure perfection. Our fence is very sturdy and looks great. Wade, Chris, Al - Thank you for all of the above! Sunbury Cedar will always be our first choice!
Readers: Look no further. This company did not disappoint, plus their level of service is astounding.
This is the third shed for this property that we've bought from Sunbury, (bought two others for different properties) and the first one we had them construct for us. Product is beautiful, as usual, and the construction went smoothly and quickly. Highly recommend Sunbury Cedar products and services.
I asked Sunbury to price the 3 sides of my rear yard separately (with 2 different styles of fencing) so I could present them to each of my neighbours. The quotes were provided exactly as I had asked and in a such a timely and professional manner my neighbours were happy to contribute. The installation started on time and was completed on time and well within the quoted amounts. The new fence looks great and the whole process went so well, I would not hesitate to recommend Sunbury to anyone looking for a trouble free project.
We ordered a shed but not a regular shed. After months of looking around we found Sunbury Cedar who could customize a new shed at a cost that was not so high. Customized: we got the same siding and roof material exactly to match our house. All the staff we have dealt with are very professional and customer service oriented. We understand the property development industry is still very busy with new property builds. (Thus a shortage of talented workers). Thus when it came to the shed we were very impressed. We would highly recommend. Thank you Chris for the quote and precise customization and Wade (and assistant) for the hard work. I'm sure our property value has gone up!
Needed a new fence, so on word of mouth and reading reviews decided to go with Sunbury.
It was a strange experience, the first person we dealt with had great ideas, but apparently did not include enough information in the quote for the workers to proceed. We then found out that he was no longer with the company and a new person was sent out to re-quote us. The new person was much more thorough and we decided to proceed with the new quote.
Fence tear down:
- done quickly during the first 2 days
- was messy, old fence posts, nails and rocks were left scattered about the property and surrounding sidewalks
New fence build:
- It took a long time to get the new fence posts in. Granted there were a few rainy days, but there were other days where the workers didn't even show up, resulting in lost days of work. Because of this, a few of them were fired apparently bringing the number of workers down to 2 (instead of about 5)
- They did not re-staff the team, the remaining 2 workers were left to finish the entire fence. Thankfully these 2 workers worked extremely hard, late nights and weekends, to finish the work. For that I'm gratefull.
- Because it was only 2 people doing the job (actually almost 1, the other was being loaned from another job when he had the time) There were several pieces that were not installed at all, or installed incorrectly requiring a return visit (by a different worker).
- Overall, I'd give the quality of the work about a 7/10.
- The standard fence panels, with vertical ceder boards joined to a horizontal top rail was built fairly well, and they did a good job building and adjusting to the different terrain heights.
- The 'show' fence which featured horizontally spaced boards seemed underbuilt and is coming apart after only a few months.
- Overall they were fairly easy to reach, however it's always a guessing game weather or not the person you're dealing with will remain employed. Just found out the second person we dealt with for getting the quote is also no longer with them.
- Started getting emails to finish paying, prior to the job getting completed. However once I told the person who sent me the email this, they apologized and waited until the job was done.
- I am trying to contact them about the portions of the fence that are falling apart already, but have not heard back from them yet, so I will reserve comment on their '1 year labor warranty' until that is sorted out.
Overall, would I recommend them? I don't know.
A quote was provided in a timely manner and within budget. Removal and installation dates was affected by staff holidays.
An issue occurred and company took responsibility to resolve it promptly.
Thank you very much for the comment and we appreciate the feedback you have given us. We do apologize for the delay on the installation date and your understanding for this reason. Please let us know if you need anything else and have a great day.
Sunbury Cedar has been changing the local landscape for decades, literally. Since 1974, we’ve been supplying Greater Vancouver with cedar products, dimensional framing, lumber, hardware, landscaping supplies and much more. We’re stocked with everything our customers need to bring their dream projects to life – big or small. We source our lumber from a mill adjacent to our yard, making Sunbury a local and sustainable choice. Our experienced sales team is committed to providing all our customers with the best advice and product know-how to equip all our customers with the support, knowledge and advice they need to make their homes and backyards the talk of the block.
Come by our showroom and lumberyard for inspiration and great ideas for your next endeavour. We offer custom woodworking, experienced landscapers and contractors to guarantee you have all the resources you need to get the results you want. With our own lumber yard and mill, an intuitive e-commerce platform, North America-wide shipping and professional installers able to service both residential and commercial clients from Lions Bay to Hope, it's no wonder we’re your homegrown top choice.