Mainland Ventures

R Ganton in North Vancouver
R Ganton in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

exterior repairs

For the last three years our 60 unit complex has used Mainland Ventures for all exterior building repairs. We have 38 year old wood sided buildings that require constant repair. Paul and his team do excellent work, are reliable, neat and very professional.

It`s been a pleasure getting to know all of the wonderful people on the strata council and the residents that live within your complex. It is a very well run, well managed strata who are proactive in keeping up with repairs and maintenance. I truly appreciate your continued support of my company over the past 5 years.

Tanya in North Vancouver
Tanya in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Bathroom renovation

After hearing countless horror stories about other people's renovation experiences, what a relief it was to Mainland Ventures when we decided to redo our bathroom. Paul and his crew came highly recommended by several of my neighbors, and after dealing with them myself now, I can see why. From the beginning, Paul was on top of things, and every professional he brought in (carpenters, painters, plumbers, etc.) was qualified, efficient and pleasant to deal with. We're thrilled with our finished bathroom, and not only would I recommend Mainland Ventures to others, I already have!

I too have heard about and been brought in to re-do some very horrific and poorly executed renovation projects. I`m not sure how some of these companies remain in business but it really does give honest, hardworking business owners like myself a bit of a hard time. People assume you are going to rip them off or not complete the job to the highest quality. I could not sleep at night if I wasn`t completely confident in my knowledge of all aspects of the building and restoration processes. Many in this industry do not have the years of education or hands on experience to complete a high quality job. It`s unfortunate but thankfully forums like Homestars exist to offer a virtual word of mouth system to alert potential clients to avoid certain companies or to promote those that deserve recognition. All the best to you in 2011!

Tracy in Surrey
Tracy in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Kitchen and Bathroom counters and cabinets

I received Paul's name from a good friend of mine who raved about his services. Now it's my turn to rave - his attention to detail and knowledge all contributed to an end result that was amazing! I appreciated the fact Paul did not rush anything, and did the job right. He gave me great idea's both eco-friendly and cost effective but most of all he was on budget and on time!! Paul is honest and trustworthy. He's such a nice guy, he even followed up with me to make sure I was still happy! Hightly recommended!!
Thanks Paul!

You're more than welcome Tracy! And thanks to you for posting this very kind review! People say that nice guys always finish last but I`m hoping that I`ll win Best of Contracting for the second year (2010!). Reviews like yours definitely help me on my way to achieving that goal. It is truly satisfying to know I`ve been able to uphold your friends experience by providing you with a result you are happy with. All the best in 2011!

Maggie in Newton
Maggie in Newton
1 review Surrey, BC

Flooring, Miscellaneous Renovations

We have contracted Paul of Mainland Ventures for various projects over the past 5 years. He installed new laminate flooring and tile flooring in our townhome residence, complete with modern stylish baseboards. Thanks to his expertise and knowledge we were able to choose quality affordable products, and we constantly receive compliments on how good our floors look. We also have had Paul and company update our electrical switches and plugs with decor styles and install some newer energy efficient light fixtures in our home. When we needed more useable storage space in our garage we consulted with Paul and he came up with a fantastic plan of building tiered shelving that allows us to store items above our parking spot and still safely park our vehicle. As we owned a rental property for a few years, we always contacted Mainland Ventures for any repairs or replacements that were needed, ranging from painting and plumbing to door and lock repairs. No job was ever considered too insignificant. With the proliferation of "reno experts" on TV and elsewhere these days, I have always found Paul to be ahead of the pack in product knowledge, costs and budgeting. The quality of the work he does has been constant throughout our dealings with him. And above all he is honest and reliable. He's "The Real Deal".

Well Maggie although I`m a couple of years late in responding to your very supportive review I never forget clients that make my job so rewarding. I enjoy what I do very much and enjoy even more helping clients make their homes a source of pride. Coming up with solutions to make dreams a reality or finding creative ways to work within a budget is something that I pride myself on being able to do efficiently. My nickname has always been Mac Gyver for resourcefulness and natural ability to problem solve..since I was a boy in shop class!

Dog lover in Metro Van
Dog lover in Metro Van
1 review Richmond, BC

Customization for animal accessibility

I rescue, adopt and foster "undesirable" dogs at my home. Recently I have had some resident canines whom are older and require special accommodations. I found Mainland Ventures website and when I read that they are "avid supporters of local humane shelters and rescue organizations" in addition to their commitment to an ecological friendly approach I decided to hire them to make the renovations to my home. When I met Paul I knew I had made the right decision. We discussed in length my ideas and he thoroughly explained what was possible, and realistic as well as how to make the project more cost effective and efficient. He always brought cookies for my dogs and cat...which made him and his crew very welcomed in my home. I now have a fenced and sectioned yard with accessibility through a motion sensor dog door, various dog ramps, an outdoor hot water tap (for bathing dirty and happy doggies), new heated laminate flooring to keep them warm, an extensive cat walk with various perches and sleeping quarters affixed to the walls of the cat room and lastly a vented cat litter room which pulls the stinky air outside when activated by a sensor. I am nothing but happy with the work that Paul and his crew did at my home. Would I recommend Mainland Ventures to my friends? ABSOLUTELY!!! In fact, now that my friends have seen what can be done to accommodate their pets they're all requesting his phone number.

I must say that your creative ideas to make accommodations for your elderly and special needs pets has truly been inspiring to other animal lovers who have visited Homestars and read your review. I not only have installed an outdoor hot water tap for bathing my own dogs (who would want an ice cold bath even in the summer!) but for approximately 10 other dog owners/ lovers who read your review! Also, I have installed vented cat litter areas in the suites I constructed for the Aristocats Boutique hotel! What you do is admirable and I`m proud to have been able to make your humane and selfless endeavors easier. I hope to be able to volunteer more of my time to some of the rescue organizations I support this year in whatever repairs or maintenance they may require at their shelters. The world needs more people like you. All the best to you and all your lovely dogs and cats.

Miko at home
Miko at home
1 review Delta, BC

Various renovations

I have hired Paul and his crew for a number of home improvement projects over the years. He renovated my powder room, put laminate flooring throughout my main level, repaired and eventualy replaced my fence, painted all the trim and fascia on the exterior of my house, and installed and finished the trim on the main level of my home. Paul is the most sincere and honest contractor I have ever met. He explains the process and offers eco-friendly and cost saving options whenever possible. He is thoroughly knowledable in his field and I feel confident in recommending him for ANY and ALL projects people want to undertake in their homes.

Knowledge is a very important tool in all areas of life. It is even more important when dealing with people where one party may know more about a process than the other. Often people are nervous or uninformed about how a renovation occurs and I feel the best way to alleviate some of that anxiety about the process is to inform and educate. The more people know what to expect the less stressful the whole experience is for all parties involved! I am very confident in the high quality suppliers, sub trades and crews that I run so it`s very easy for me to assure homeowners and ease their minds.

Mark Vancouver
Mark Vancouver
3 reviews Vancouver, BC

Office Renovation

We recently underook a renovation of a home office space. This involved modifying stock cabinets to float on a wall and custom building long floating bookshelves. This required some innovative thinking. Paul and his team from Mainland Ventures were efficient, reliable, pleasant to deal with and cost effective. Will confidently recommend their services. We used their serviecs in the past to assist with a closet renovation.

Mark, although 4 years late I want to sincerely thank you for posting our very first review on Homestars. Because of your initiative, we were able to win the Best of Contracting in 2009 for the Vancouver area and are contenders for Best of Contracting for 2010 as well (results for the winners should be out soon). Working with you has always been effortless with your easy going manner, exceptional organizational skills and impeccable taste. All the best to you in 2011! I look forward to seeing you soon!

More about Mainland Ventures

Mainland Ventures Corp. is a renovations and restorations company working primarily in the Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island, and Sunshine Coast areas. Our pride stems from the ability to work with the homeowner in developing a design, style, and a work timeline that fits within the customer’s budget, and needs. Moreover, Mainland Ventures Corp. is a diversified company that specializes in all forms of renovations and building in both the interior and exterior of the home, office, or industrial center.

Whether you want us to manage your entire renovation project or just a part of it, Mainland Ventures Corp. will work with you the entire way to ensure your complete satisfaction.

We Specialize in:
Hardwood, Laminate, and Tile Flooring
Custom Kitchens and Bathrooms
New Suites
Sundecks, Patios, and Fencing
Garages, Enclosures, and Siding
Finishing (e.g., Baseboards, Crown Mouldings)
Residential and Commercial