Canadian Reliable Van Lines

Reviews for Canadian Reliable Van Lines

Jessica in Montréal
Jessica in Montréal
1 review Montreal,

It is worth 0. I would give less if I could.

The subject says everything.
DON’T HIRE THEM!!!

Last friday was our scheduled moving day and we got some surprises.
The company contracted by Reliable Van Lines didn’t comply with what with previously talked about.
We tried to call the head office several times but we never got an answer.
The third party company said they spoke to Reliable Van Lines… So, at that point we didn’t know if he was saying the truth or not and if they were avoiding our calls.

First of all, big lack of customer service; The guy from the third party company was rude, not polite for a second, not professional, didn’t know what he was doing, couldn’t give me any additional informations and more.
He wanted to charged us 200$ for our one set of stairs. A price that wasn’t discuss before.
We live in a small 3 story building that has large staircase to move around and from there it’s a short walk to our appartement.
He said he had to repack everything (backpacks, bed frame etc, who was already wrapped at its maximum). Like BACKPACKS REALLY? We even left extra blankets and wrapping plastic. We have pictures to prove our good packing and to be honest we believe he simply wanted to make extra money on
our back and we are far from being happy.

After several conversation with him, asking him to give us an estimate and not providing any, we asked him to leave.
He spoked to us like we were stupid, like it was our fault. (This is just the beginning.)

When Reliable Van Lines and I spoke, it was never mentioned that they were hiring another moving company to do the job.
It was never mentioned there's gonna be an extra fee for one set of stairs.
It was never mentioned a bed frame needed to be in a box? Funny enough I was told it was totally fine just being wrapped up with plastic wrapping. Anyway, we discuss on how we packed prior and they said it was find.
Well guess what everyone? It definitely wasn’t. (Keep reading, the story gets better and better.)

All of this wasn’t about money at all.
If the guy from the third party explained himself correctly, have been polite and gave us a good customer service, I wouldn’t be writing this at the moment.
But again, he didn’t deliver AT ALL.

After all this, we kept on calling the head company: Reliable Van Lines. We sent emails, no replies. We finally managed to contact Matthew (the sale’s guy), he said
to call back during the week to speak with Steve. So we did.

With Steve it was a for sure « No you’re not getting your money back . ». He got all work up and of course my partner was too. We were so frustrated with how everything went. We wanted our money back but Steve wouldn’t want to corporate. Him and my partner got into what I believe to be some reasonable arguments on our ends but still we were the bad guys. Steve hang up. I then called back. He was already really furious with the previous conversation (same on our end), but all I wanted is to explained exactly everything that happened on the suppose day of the move. While I was explaining, he put me on speaker phone, started on purpose another conversation with a colleague, talking badly about us for me to hear. I confronted him saying: « Hello, I’m trying to have a serious conversation with you? How disrespectful and unprofessional this is? » He said he did it on purpose. He had something to say to everything I was mentioning. Again, like it was our fault and the movers were angels. He then explained to me that they are not obligated to give us any information about the fact that were hiring other moving companies to do the job. He also said that they’re not reachable during long week-ends (Well, why are they making bookings then? Why their third party company said to us that they just previously talked to them? None sense right?). He then started to explain to me what a Stat Holiday is. Like I was born yesterday! Then, he was explaining how his company works by hiring third party companies. « I’m not stupid, I know what it means, I’m just saying it was never mentioned and written on our contract. » I said. Steve then responded: «  I’m not saying you’re stupid but you might have some psychological issues. ». At that point, having him saying all that and not wanting to corporate, even if we kept on trying, we knew he wouldn’t want to reimburse us at all. We then finish the conversation and FOR NOW, it’s the end of it. We know we aren’t exaggerating. We have many witnesses that can prove the whole stories. This fight is just the beginning. Please save your time and book somewhere else. It’s not worth the money.

Logan in Guelph
Logan in Guelph
0 reviews Winnipeg, MB

Moving Services

Please do not hire this company if you don't want any issues with your stuff. We've scheduled a move with Canadian Reliable Van Lines, Matthew was the one that handled all the negotiation on their end. We've payed $200 CAD for the security deposit. We were supposed to receive a call from their drivers on the day before. We've received no such call and kept calling them without any luck. Until at 5pm they called and said that the driver was going to arrive at 7pm. Around 8pm their drivers arrived to pick up our stuff and left at around 9pm. They said that it would take around 2 to 3 weeks for our shipment to arrive on the destination. It has been over 10 weeks already and we haven't received any confirmation to when our stuff will be delivered. We've called and emailed them multiple times but their answer is always the same: "It will arrive next week". But the next week never comes. Unfortunately we DO NOT recommend any business with this company. This was the first and last time we'll ever hire them.

Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Brampton?