Riverwood Landscape

Helen in Toronto
Helen in Toronto
0 reviews Rockwood, ON

Fall cleanup

Noah and Liam did a complete fall cleanup that was a bonus service included in the summer landscaping. Cleaned up all the leaves and removed, trimmed bushes, cut back hostas, cleaned up side yards and walkways!
On time and professional. Highly recommended!!

Conor in Guelph
Conor in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Spring cleanup, mulch and lawn overseeding

Great experience with Isabelle during the quotation phase. Very detailed quote with all of the various options that we discussed.

Job scheduling was prompt, a couple of weeks after agreement on the scope.

Communication during the execution phase was poor and I had to reach out for updates every day as opposed to being given updates. Teams left site untidy and without any communication that they would be leaving and not returning.

The constant follow up to find out what was happening and when it would be happening should not have been required and to honest, I spent more of my time chasing for updates and following up on concerns than I expected to.

They did a great job with the mulch application, not so great with the overseeding where there was a lot of asphalt spread on my lawn with the topsoil and seed.

My expectations for the overseeding were certainly not met.

With regards to the spring tidy up, I thought they did an ok job. Disappointed in the mess that was left and also that an entire flowerbed was removed in the cleanup. This was put down as a misalignment on scope, however I would expect something of that nature would have been clearly indicated on the quote and not just seen as part of the lawn overseeding. The team have promised to restore the flowerbed, so that's positive.

My experience raising my concerns with Colin and Antonio was very positive and they were receptive to feedback.

All in all, a good team and if there had have been more attention to detail, tidiness and communication during the job, I would not have hesitated in giving them a higher rating.

Mark Sammut
Mark Sammut
0 reviews Guelph, ON

Backyard Transformation

Riverwood Landscape completed our backyard transformation this week. Our job included new gardens with river rock, mulch, new plants, new sod, laying flagstone and even cleaning and installing polymeric sand on the existing interlock patio. I can honestly rate the overall experience as a 10 out of 10! Starting from the initial design and quote process, adjustments to the plan and ongoing communication was excellent. The work crews were fantastic they arrived on-time and worked so hard, despite the intense heat over the past few days! Our yard really looks great, and I thank the entire Riverwood team for your commitment to excellence. Well done!! I would highly recommend that you consider Riverwood for your Landscaping project!

Andrew & Jessica in Guelph
Andrew & Jessica in Guelph
2 reviews Guelph, ON

Hard Working Team, A Couple Unexpected Challenges

Good experience overall.

Our initial contact w. Tanis was very positive. She took her time, was highly responsive, and very detailed oriented. A breath of fresh air after 2021 where multiple companies didnt even respond to inquiries. Thank you again Tanis!

We hit a few hiccups when the work began. The project had a few unforeseen challenges and a couple items took multiple calls/emails to fully resolve. Things happen.

When the drainage in the backyard proved to be a challenge, the teams first response was to find solutions to finish the project in line with expectations. At the final inspection several details were noted by Riverwood and addressed to ensure that the finishing touches were completed with precision.

At the end of the day, Colin and the whole team were respectful, prompt in their replies, and focused on positive outcomes. We appreciate the work guys and look forward to enjoying our new front and back yards.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Unprofessional amateurs that did a poor job

They delayed my job by a month, did a so-so job, demanded payment the second they finished even though we were on vacation and hadn't seen the job yet, left garbage and cigarette butts on my property, some sod died right away and they didn't replace it until a month later, and worst of all they didn't grade away from the house properly like we asked numerous times and we had a window well flood which flooded my basement. I hired them for two jobs at the same time and that's my
experience with the first. At the second job (at my work) they were meant to make a sensory garden for a lady whom is blind that I support. It looks terrible. They replaced half the plants we agreed on in the contract with other plants without consulting me and then charged me more money for them. Weeds are already coming up and it just looks pitiful. I would absolutely never recommend them to anyone.

Hello,

I do agree that the management of your 1st project was done poorly. The big issue being that 1: the job was pushed back about a month later than it should have started. 2: when the small section of sod died it took us another month to replace it under warranty, this second issue is just a continuation of the first. As you can imagine if your job was a month behind, other clients were as well. In that period of time, we had not rectified the issues which had caused your initial delay.

When the first job was completed we received feedback from Luc that he was very pleased with the way everything had been done and it looked great. We in fact advertise the photos from your project because it was a major turnaround and improved the look of the backyard greatly. I am curious to hear if there has been an issue with flooding anytime in the summer before this event yesterday that dropped up to 75mm in a short time, which would be overwhelming for many grades.

As for the 2nd project we were only able to purchase what was available from suppliers as the selection has degraded significantly and is quite erratic with COVID. You should of course been advised of the change and I apologize for this. Pricing and supply during COVID has been very tricky. If you can see it from our perspective, we could get pricing from the supplier and a confirmation that the plants are currently available, when we then try to purchase them a month later for a project, we might hear that those plants are now completely gone, and the alternatives cost 75% more. We have been caught between a rock and a hard place for 2 years and our policy changed from "the price on the proposal is the price no matter what", to a more long term practical view of "we simply cannot operate at a loss and must pass unanticipated pricing changes on to the client".
I believe this could and should have been communicated much more effectively.

For the work done recently on the 2nd project, there has been no communication about the weeds but we are sending someone out to review the situation and ideally, we will get the garden re-weeded as we, of course, do not want to leave a project looking pitiful. Hopefully, we can work together to clean that job up and end the season positively.

Mattyb in Guelph
Mattyb in Guelph
0 reviews Guelph, ON

New sod install and garden clean up

In a busy summer, when everyone was improving their properties, and contractors were all busy taking on jobs.

The team at Riverwood were completely honest and open in regards to their capabilities and capacity. I greatly appreciate the open communication as this is often something that can be overlooked in the trades industries.

The team did beautiful work on my front lawn and i'm looking forward to working with you on other project in the future.

S. in Scarborough
S. in Scarborough

French Drain Installation

French Drain Installed. April 2021.
Prompt reply and quotation provided. Scheduled and completed the project within a week. Professional team approach. Fair price for quality of the work. They kept us in the loop at every step throughout the project. We really couldn't have asked for better service and quality of work. 100% would recommend.

Milton
Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Interlock repair Sod installation

We had Colin & his team repair our old interlock backyard patio,front and back steps and garden interlock edging to increase the aesthetic appeal and function of our space on a tight budget without a complete redo
Colin understood our needs and came up with a plan that was on target and incredible value for the money.
We are thrilled with the work of Colin and his amazing team, their hard work, reliability, knowledge and attention to detail far exceeded our expectations.
We have had a variety of venders over the years on many projects at our home but Colin and his team went above and beyond, we could not be more happy.
The Lightbowns

Maya from Milton
Maya from Milton

Awesome Team

I spoke to several companies and Colin had the best offer. Our yard was neglected this whole summer because we were extremely busy with construction work around the house. After Installing interlock with another company we were left with the lawn grade too high in one area and too low in another. Colin assured me that his team can get the job done and more, he was right. They not only fixed the grade in both the front yard and backyard they also trimmed the hedges rearranged plants in my flowerbeds and removed all the weed before laying out the beautiful sod. The project was completed today and I've already received so many complements.

I am so happy and appreciate every single member of the Riverwood team, they were friendly, hardworking and responded to my concerns with ease.

I highly recommend Riverwood Landscape, Thank you!

Kam in Toronto
Kam in Toronto
1 review Guelph, ON

Front/backyard interlocks + Deck+ pergola + planting

From start to finish of our project, we were very pleased with the level of professionalism, expertise and dedication of Colin's Team. The attention to detail demonstrated by his team was amazing and our appreciation goes out to Colin, Jeff, Adam and all the others who were part of the crew. They helped to convert our rough and plain backyard into a beautiful and enjoyable space.

Needless to say, our neighbors, especially, and passersby are delighted with the transformation.

More about Riverwood Landscape

Have you worked with landscaping contractors before who rush through the job and leave a mess of your yard? Do you now struggle to trust someone to take care of your lawn?

We’re a team of dedicated landscaping professionals who are well-known for getting any landscaping project done right, the first time around. We’re passionate about helping homeowners and business owners reach their landscaping goals and we take pride in our ability to provide high-quality services at an affordable price.
Since opening our doors in 2018, we’ve been able to expand our service areas all thanks to our trusted customers who rely on us as their long-term landscaping partner. If you live in Rockwood, Guelph, or the KW area, give us a call or request a free quote to discuss all your landscaping needs and how we can help you accomplish them.

We offer services such as:
Design