Brian Mahon Masonry

Reviews for Brian Mahon Masonry

ianwylie101
ianwylie101

Chimney rebuild

Came on time for the quote. Impressed that he made no excuses I. e. Tight space for scaffolding, hard to find matching brick. His price was fair for dangerous work.
Came when he said he would, worked a very long day to finish as bad weather was forecast. Very pleased with finished product. His cleanup was such that it was hard tell that work was done. Brian is self employed so there is no general contractor to pay. I shall be hiring him again for another project.

Thanks for the review, Ian. Speak to you soon. Brian

patrick.corbett
patrick.corbett

Treating a condominium hallway with white distressed brick.

I can't praise Brian Mahon Masonry enough for they work he did in my condo. I wanted a hallway wall done in a white Brick Veneer treatment - approx 150 Sq ft.). When I contacted Homestars I hadn't even picked a product yet - he helped me with that. From his initial call to his amazing cleanup work, It was a flawlessly executed project. I had some challenging neighbors with parking issues - Brian handled them with professionalism and humor. The work is stunning - this photo doesn't do it justice as the grout has dried a much lighter color. He was in appraising on a Thursday evening, at the job Monday at 9, out by 5 on a Wednesday - full cleanup every night. I don't have a huge experience in hiring trades, Brian set my mind at ease from the get go. I will definitely refer him.

Thanks a lot for writing such a detailed review, Patrick. Great meeting you and thanks for the referral. Brian

Les Lalonde in Mississauga
Les Lalonde in Mississauga

Rebuild Fireplace Hearth

It is sooooo difficult to find quality workmanship and great customer service. Brian was amazing, promptly contacted us and finished 24 hrs later. The job is beautiful, better than the original contractor from 1982. He's coming back in the spring to do another project for us.

Thanks for the review, Les. There is a big niche for these smaller jobs and I am happy to cater to them. Speak soon. Brian

Christina in Toronto
Christina in Toronto

Great job, well done.

When Brian came down for an estimate he never tried to up cycle the chimney repair. (Some even tried to sell a new furnace). He did an excellent job on a difficult rebuild. He and his staff cleaned the job site and hosed down the deck and flat roof. In the spring I will be hiring him to do work on the foundation wall and recommend him to friends and family. Thanks Brian, job well done.

Thank you Cristina for the review. All the best to you and your husband. Good luck. Brian .

NHT2016
NHT2016

Front Step Makeover

Our front steps were in dire need of a facelift.

When we posted our project on HomeStars, Brian was the first of 3 people to respond.

Within a couple of days, he came out to our house and gave us some suggestions and provided us with an estimate.

Unlike Brian, we felt like we actually had to chase the other 2 people for a quote.

Once we agreed to move forward, work started within a couple of days.

During the project, Brian's team encountered a few unforeseen obstacles. As a result, Brian told us it would take a little more time and materials to complete. A day later than originally scheduled, the work was done. He offered to provide us with receipts for the extra materials and cut us a break on the labour costs.

I would not hesitate to recommend Brian's company. If we ever need more work done, we will go directly to Brian and skip the 3 quote idea altogether.

Thanks a lot for the detailed review C and
S. I appreciate it , but what I especially appreciate was giving the crew a tip ahead of the long weekend to buy a few beers on you. A very generous gesture !

All the best,

Karla Johnson in Toronto
Karla Johnson in Toronto

Rebuild Front Steps

Our front stairs were in very bad shape, with irregular and damage stone on the landing area and stairs that were pulling away. Brian was very responsive in providing a quote and was able to start work very quickly. They arrived and worked two long days in order to finish the job quickly. The stairs look great! And my driveway is cleaner than it was before they started work. I would not hesitate to recommend Brian for any stone/masonry work.

Thanks for the review Karla. Glad you are happy with the end result! All the best. Brian

Mike
Mike

Chimney repair

Good experience from beginning to end. Kept quote despite having to deal with squirrel nesting in chimney. His ingenuity with a rope solved it - the critter climbed up and at last sighting was chiding all passersby from the roof’s edge. brian cleaned up well before leaving. Would recommend

Thanks for the review Michael. Nice to meet you.

Mary A.
Mary A.

Patio

Brian and his team were excellent. They were very professional, the work was done in the time Brian said it would be. And our patio looks amazing!! They worked diligently despite brutally hot temperatures, had to stop work one day due to extreme rain and thunderstorms but Brian came back on Saturday to complete the job. We're very pleased with the result and we would definitely recommend Brian and would use him again.

Thanks a lot for the review MaryA. I am very happy with how that job turned out, and glad you are too! All the best,

Grant
Grant
0 reviews Boston, MA

Parging and brick repair

Brian and his team repaired some damaged brick on our house and garage and parged according to our discussions, finding a solution that was both functional and attractive. From the quote to the work, Brian and his team were professional, pleasant, prompt and punctual. They left the jobsite clean and completed the work fully to our expectations. 5 stars is not enough! Thanks again, Brian.

Thanks for the review Grant. Appreciate it and glad we made a good impression.. All the best,

LR
LR

Brick work700

Brian and his associate came when he said and did the work needed. I would definitely recommend his company to friends.

Thanks a lot for the review L R,

All the best,

More about Brian Mahon Masonry

Whether you are looking to fill in a small window , parge a foundation wall, rebuild a chimney or have a brickwork addition added to your house, hire us in the confidence that the work will be carried out professionally. We LOVE the small jobs other companies aren't interested in.