RayS Homes

Reviews for RayS Homes

Patrick in Toronto
Patrick in Toronto

Stair repairs/consultation

Ray responded to my request for someone to help repair a creaky old staircase. He was friendly over the phone and we exchanged messages over SMS for a few days before his visit. When he arrived, he took his time to carefully assess the problem. Initially he had quoted me $500 to simply repair the creaky steps and reinforce. After much conversation and some honest advice from Ray, we actually agreed it didn't make sense to spend that money to do such minor repairs, as the stairs are quite old and it is very likely the repairs would only be temporary.

Ray gave me some info and a quote for a more fulsome stair replacement job - something I will consider for the future.

Thank you to Ray for his honesty - it would have been very easy for him to take my money and walk but he made sure I had all the info before making a decision.

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to work for you, looking forward to work for you again.

Judy A.
Judy A.

Downtown condo - with many parts to renovate

We needed someone to renovate our condo, in downtown Toronto. The renovation including putting up new drywall ceiling over a popcorn ceiling, installing new light fixtures and pot lights, new crown molding, new medicine cabinets, reconfiguring built-ins, removing mirror walls, fixing the walls for painting, plus a zillion small but important things. Our overall goal was to refresh the apartment and make it more accessible. Ray far exceeded our expectations.

Ray navigated the strict condo rules, the bumps that come with renovating a 40+ year old condo that has been neglected for 30 years, and the inevitable changes that come with reality meeting the plan. I appreciated his flexibility, his willingness to go the extra mile, and the quality of the work. Ray's team was also professional and helpful.

I highly recommend RayS Homes - on time, on budget, high quality, and easy to work with.

Andre F.
Andre F.

Floor refinishing - Great service, easy to work with

Ray is easy to work with. Great communication for the whole job. His work is clean and professional.

Drywalling, Tiled Kitchen and stairs next

Ray has been awesome so far. We had him in to do our drywall on the main floor, and also tiling our kitchen floor. Did a great job so far. Next week he is redoing both of our stairs, and after that probably some more drywall and tiling. Would definitely recommend

Tim in Richmond Hill
Tim in Richmond Hill

Finished Basement

Ray and his team were simply amazing! Ray was incredibly friendly and easy to deal with. I greatly appreciated his honesty throughout the entire project and was able to establish trust from the very beginning. His craftsmanship is second to none while meeting timing constrains or revisions to the original plans. Additionally, Ray’s pricing was incredibly competitive making it an easy decision when hiring a contractor. I will definitely use Ray for work in the future! Thank you again for the excellent work!

Vipin G.
Vipin G.

Garage (ceiling insulation, stairs, door replacement)

Raymond and his team were great to deal with. From the time Raymond came to quote the job, he was friendly and respectful. He gave me a very reasonable quote for the work that needed to be done and could work within the timeframes i needed. I was very happy with the work that they did and when I have future renovation needs, I will call him back again.

Victor
Victor

Fixing ceiling in the kitchen

Ray was responsive, accommodating.

He did a great job: fix the ceiling and repainted it. The ceiling looks great.

smehat
smehat

Formal room

New pot lights and painted the dining room and front room.

He an excellent job!!

julia
julia

Basement Renovation/ flooring/ bathroom installation

Yes! Absolutely!! I am very happy to leave this review! Raymond and his team provided us with the utmost best in quality, craftsmanship, mannerism and overall professionalism.
I will be honest in conceding that prior to the start of the project we selected another contractor for the job, and it was the biggest mistake as it ended up costlier for us in the end to repair the previous contractors mess. You get what you pay for, but luckily for us Raymond was available to assist us in what was a time is of the essence job.
Not only was he able to repair the damages, but was also able to detect shoddy work coverups from the previous contractor (I do not want to even think about the end result if we did not let the previous contractor go [shudders]).
From start to end, Raymond showed passion in his work through meticulous craftsmanship and work, ok was not good enough. My stairs are an absolute work of art.
The floors, perfectly even with no gaps between walls and floors, the baseboards amazing! I don’t know how they managed to get no paint on them after the entirety of the basement was repainted.
The new bathroom! Yes! This is my new bathroom ( pictures) everything in it was accomplished through Rays Homes, from tiles, toilet, shower and sink- everything. Fantastic-fantastic! Our basement is transformed to a new cozy little home basically and we could not be more grateful to Raymond and his team. We are thankful he still took our project even after our mistake of going with someone else, and grateful for our new basement. Very, very delighted to leave this review. Thank you Rays Homes for making what started off as a nightmare renovation to a pleasant experience and even more so pleasant outcome. Will HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for an honest, fair and highly skilled contractor.
Thank you again, Rays Homes!

Ramzi
Ramzi

Full 2nd Storey Renovation

Very friendly people and very careful and hardworking .. will go for them in my next project for sure

More about RayS Homes

**We now feature premium painting services! Using a spray technique we are able to apply coats of paint with desired consistency leading to better results than brush painting. Give us a call, 416-697-5470, to learn more!**

Condo and Residential renovation specialist. Basement finishing, kitchen remodeling, washroom/bathroom remodeling, flooring, electrical, drywall, framing, plumbing, painting.