Plvmbing

Elaine in Richmond Hill
Elaine in Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Ripped-off by Max from Plvmbing

In MAY 2016 I found black mould all through the subfloors and walls in my upstairs bathroom which is my children's bathroom. I was forced to have the bathroom gutted and hired a mould remediation company. After that, I hired Max of Plvmbing on AUG 8 2016 as a referral from my cousin who is a contractor. We spoke over the phone once but mainly via texts which I have kept record of.

Max and I agreed on $2,000 cash to replace the copper pipes with PEX, replace the sink plumbing and install the double sink, toilet and shower faucet. Max gave clear instructions of three payments; $700 the first visit, $700 the second visit and $600 after finishing.

On AUG 14 2016 I gave Max $700 cash for the work done that day, on SEP 5 2016 I gave him the second payment of $700 cash for the further work done that day and on JAN 3 2017 I gave him the last payment of $600 when he returned to fix creaking from the tub, at which time I voiced my reluctance to pay him the remaining balance since he had not installed the sinks, toilet and tub yet. Max firmly insisted that I had to pay the final $600 and promised that he would return to complete the job. I gave Max the remaining $600 cash reluctantly as I did not want to upset Max's work relationship with my cousin.

When I asked him for receipts for the work to prove payment was made, he refused stating that it would not then qualify as a cash job and that if he had to make any note of payments made to him, he would not do the work. I was desperate as I could not afford this renovation at a regular cost and obliged Max despite my concerns.

Months later on AUG 21 2017 when I had finally installed the floors and walls, I contacted Max to arrange a time for him to return and he informed me that he will never return because of a falling out between him and my cousin and claims that I never paid him the final $600 cash. Max also claimed that because of a complaint email I sent him on SEP 14 2016 showing that he had made errors in his work, that I was therefore rude and disrespectful and would never work for me again.

Despite my text to him that he was ripping off a single Mother of two, he still denied the $600 payment. After everything, I had THREE different plumbers come to review the work done, all three said the vanity plumbing was too high and ended up paying the third plumber $350 to re-do the plumbing work AFTER the walls were done and painted, that Max did incorrectly, despite providing him with the specs sheet.

If you every come across Max from Plvmbing, I strongly advise you NOT to hire him or ensure you pay for services after ALL work has been completed or you will be taken advantage of.