Plvmbing

Reviews for Plvmbing

Andrew S. In Leslieville
Andrew S. In Leslieville

Renovation Rescue in Leslieville

We can't say enough about how happy we are with the work of Max at Plvmbing.

We initially met him from an emergency created by our contractors on our basement renovation project. We needed a plumber not associated with our contractors to inspect some damage caused by them. Max was the first to reply to our numerous calls to the plumbing community and was able to come by immediately.

After releasing our contractors from their duties (i.e. firing them), we asked Max to complete the plumbing work they had barely started. Max was on time and on quote for the work he completed. Everything was professionally done, with a sympathetic attitude to the rough time our contractors had put us through.

We would not hesitate to recommend Max for any plumbing job. We will definitely be using him in the future.

Andrew and Liann, Leslieville

Leslieville_family in Old Toronto
Leslieville_family in Old Toronto

Customers for life!

After making a nasty discovery (backed up sewer drain!) in our basement after midnight, we put feelers out on social media and heard from Max at PLVMBING almost immediately despite the late hour. He came to survey the scene the next morning, and over the next few days he helped us:

- get the terrible mess cleaned up

- deal with the root of the problem (literally - tree roots that damaged/blocked the drain)

- replace the old, compromised pipes, install a backflow valve and pour a new concrete floor in our laundry room

Along the way, he also helped protect us from being overcharged by another company who came to send a video camera into the pipes, hauled away all the old crud, took great care in shielding our belongings from the mess of the repair job, installed a dishwasher, worked seamlessly with our insurance adjuster and became a lifelong friend to our dog.

Can't recommend Max's services enough - he worked hard each visit, came when he said he would, kept us in the loop every step of the way, respected both our time and our property AND honoured his estimate even when things ended up costing a little more than expected. Couldn't have been more impressed, and wouldn't hesitate to hire him again for any type of job.

Elaine in Richmond Hill
Elaine in Richmond Hill

Ripped-off by Max from Plvmbing

In MAY 2016 I found black mould all through the subfloors and walls in my upstairs bathroom which is my children's bathroom. I was forced to have the bathroom gutted and hired a mould remediation company. After that, I hired Max of Plvmbing on AUG 8 2016 as a referral from my cousin who is a contractor. We spoke over the phone once but mainly via texts which I have kept record of.

Max and I agreed on $2,000 cash to replace the copper pipes with PEX, replace the sink plumbing and install the double sink, toilet and shower faucet. Max gave clear instructions of three payments; $700 the first visit, $700 the second visit and $600 after finishing.

On AUG 14 2016 I gave Max $700 cash for the work done that day, on SEP 5 2016 I gave him the second payment of $700 cash for the further work done that day and on JAN 3 2017 I gave him the last payment of $600 when he returned to fix creaking from the tub, at which time I voiced my reluctance to pay him the remaining balance since he had not installed the sinks, toilet and tub yet. Max firmly insisted that I had to pay the final $600 and promised that he would return to complete the job. I gave Max the remaining $600 cash reluctantly as I did not want to upset Max's work relationship with my cousin.

When I asked him for receipts for the work to prove payment was made, he refused stating that it would not then qualify as a cash job and that if he had to make any note of payments made to him, he would not do the work. I was desperate as I could not afford this renovation at a regular cost and obliged Max despite my concerns.

Months later on AUG 21 2017 when I had finally installed the floors and walls, I contacted Max to arrange a time for him to return and he informed me that he will never return because of a falling out between him and my cousin and claims that I never paid him the final $600 cash. Max also claimed that because of a complaint email I sent him on SEP 14 2016 showing that he had made errors in his work, that I was therefore rude and disrespectful and would never work for me again.

Despite my text to him that he was ripping off a single Mother of two, he still denied the $600 payment. After everything, I had THREE different plumbers come to review the work done, all three said the vanity plumbing was too high and ended up paying the third plumber $350 to re-do the plumbing work AFTER the walls were done and painted, that Max did incorrectly, despite providing him with the specs sheet.

If you every come across Max from Plvmbing, I strongly advise you NOT to hire him or ensure you pay for services after ALL work has been completed or you will be taken advantage of.

Looking for Plumbing pros in Toronto?