Protect All

Reviews for Protect All

James in Brampton
James in Brampton

Re-shingeld Roof

Dale did some repair work earlier in the year and I kept his card because I knew that I'd need my roof re-done before too much longer. Later in the season, I called for a free quote.

He was more affordable and offered better materials than any competitor. It took some time to line up schedules (it was a busy and rainy falls season), but the team completed the work in a few days, did an awesome job, and I'm super happy with my new roof.

Thank you so much James it was a pleasure working with you

Colleen in York
Colleen in York

Roof, Eaves & Skylight Repair

I’ve worked with many contractors, but I’ve never left a negative review until now. The short version is that Dale came to work on our roof on June 5, and the work was still incomplete on Nov 26 when he admitted he was not coming back.

Here’s the timeline of events: June 4 Dale came to give a quote for fixing three issues: a leak in the porch roof; a leak around our skylight; the eavestrough overflowing on one corner of the house, leaking into the basement. He quoted $600 to fix these issues, and suggested our eavestroughs needed to be cleaned as well. We agreed to add this for a total of $825, and requested a quote in writing.

The next day, Dale showed up to work without a written quote and stayed a little more than an hour. He completed work on the two roof leaks to our satisfaction. However, it turned out that he didn’t fix the eavestrough leak due to a hole in the siding nearby which was torn by squirrels some months before. He left the eavestrough dirty (with a small tree growing in the dirt!) and didn’t make any adjustments to the angle of the eavestrough, which was causing the overflow. The hole in the siding is clearly visible from our back deck, and there were no squirrels living inside, since my husband had blocked it from inside our attic. If Dale was afraid of being bitten while working in the area, he should never have said he was going to fix that corner the day before, or admitted that he couldn’t complete the work he was hired to do and removed that charge from his quote. Instead, he left the work undone (unknown to me) and charged us the full amount, giving me some photos of the hole and saying that we might want to get it fixed.

My husband was confused about what work Dale had actually done versus what he had agreed to do, so I requested the written quote again and got it from Dale via email about a week after the work was done. There were several rainstorms where the eavestrough was still overflowing, so I emailed Dale to ask if there had been a misunderstanding of the work he was supposed to complete, but got no response.

It took a few tries on my part but about 2 weeks later, Dale did phone me back, explaining that the work wasn’t completed because he was afraid of being bitten. I reassured him that there were no animals in the hole, and we agreed that he would come back to fix the hole (a new job) as well as fix the eavestrough (complete the old job).

After waiting two months for him to get in touch, I called and he suggested next month would be good. That was September. In early November, I texted him again about fixing the hole and the eavestrough, reassuring him that we didn’t want him to feel unsafe, and saying that he could provide a partial refund if he didn’t want to return to complete the job. Dale didn’t respond to my texts or phone calls.

Over a week later, my husband called instead, and Dale picked up; he agreed to come on November 22. But, he did not come to the house or contact us. Four days later, my husband texted him asking that he contact us by the end of the month if he still wanted to work with us. Dale immediately said he was not coming and told us not to contact him again. Since Dale does not want us to contact him, writing this review is the only thing we can do. I’m hoping that another homeowner doesn’t have the same experience we did.

I'm sorry you feel this way, there was nothing not done that wasn't originally discussed and the extra work because of timing wasn't able to happen. I do appreciate you waiting on our schedule but the aggressive behaviour from your husband is not something we tolerate and when you called me crying about him I felt for you but at the same time it's not something I can get involved with. All the best and sorry we weren't able to help out.

Blaine Herrmann from Toronto
Blaine Herrmann from Toronto

Roofing Repair

I had a leak in my ceiling caused by the caulking drying and shrinking around skylights. I wasn't sure where the water was coming from. Owner Dale was able to figure out right away the problem and found a simple cheap solution to my problem. All was done right away for a minimum charge of $150. I would highly recommend this company for their honesty and knowledge about roofing problems.

Thank you Blaine, glad I was able to help out.

Frank R.
Frank R.

Shingle roof repair

Very Satisfied with service Dale provided. He is prompt efficient and courteous. Delivered on his promises and estimate. I have no concerns recommending his company for any roofing repairs or other roofing concerns

Thank you frank, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Rod in Toronto
Rod in Toronto

New Roof

Professional. Dale gave us a realistic quote. Darren and the crew worked hard almost non stop at 32 degrees on the roof for almost 12 hours until it was dark. I know they would have got all the debris if the was light. Took me no time to pick it up what was left in the morning. Thanks a lot team.

Your very welcome, thanks again.

Patricia in Toronto
Patricia in Toronto

Complete Roof Replacement

We had our complete roof replaced in 2016. Darrin and his team did a wonderful job. They were on time, on budget and very professional. I made a specific request that all nails be picked up as I have 2 large dogs and I didn't want any injuries. Just recently (after a big rain storm) I found that I had a leak coming through the attic access. I called Darrin and he came quickly to inspect. He found it was not my 2 year new shingles., but rather a leak due to old caulking around the chimney. He is a man of his word and fixed it on the spot (ON A SUNDAY). He is texting me pictures of his work as I write this. I am a widowed mother of 3 who
depends upon honest, competent contractors. I would highly recommend Darrin and his company to anyone/everyone.

Thank you, you were a pleasure to work with! Your kind words are much appreciated.

The Protect All Team

Adam  in Old Toronto
Adam in Old Toronto

Roof and skylight re-placed

I called protect all roofing after I was referred by a friend, I dealt with one of the owners Darren and he was great to deal with, very informative of what was going on, always responded to my calls and texts, called me from the supplier when picking up materials to confirm everything and best of all he gave me a great quote with no surprises at the end. He used quality materials and my roof and skylight is all brand new and looks great.

His workers were very polite and respectful and did a great job cleaning up after the job was done. I also ended up meeting his partner dale at my home during their installation and he is over the top very friendly guy, he gave me his number in case I had any questions or problems after the job was completed as his partner was going on holidays. He also came with a drone and showed me the roof and took drone photos. Overall great company and felt good dealing with them because their a lot of fly by night roofers out there.

A lot of my neighbours even noticed how good of a job they did and were calling protect all for quotes on their roofs.

Darren and Dale really take pride in their company and make sure you are 100% happy with their work. I’d definitely call Darren again for any roof issue and referr him to anyone I know looking for a good roofer

Thank you Adam, it was a pleasure to work with you on this project. Customers like you make our job that much easier. Thank you again my friend

Graham Boyd from Brampton
Graham Boyd from Brampton

Roof Repair (Vent Leak)

Protect All is a fantastic roof repair company. We noticed water penetration through one of our roof vents and Dale Delport responded immediately and was at our home the following day. After a full roof inspection, Dale noticed that the builder forgot to caulk a few vents on our roof. Dale had it all fixed within 45 minutes and he sent me photos of the before and after the repair. Even better, I was able to coordinate with Dale without leaving work. This is the company we will always call in the future.

I'm Glad we could help, thank you for your kind words my friend.

Rachel and JC in Mississauga
Rachel and JC in Mississauga
3 reviews , ON

Roof Repair

From the start Dale was on the ball with timelines and communication. His quote was what I paid, plus he gave me solid honest advice on my roof moving forward. Dale will be our go to for a new roof in a few years!

Thank you for your kind words and welcome to the Protect All family

CHarmaine in Toronto
CHarmaine in Toronto

Effecient service

Dale and his partner Chris (I believe that was his name) were courteous, and easy to deal with. Called them yesterday to fix a few shingles that came off from the harsh winds & they fixed it right up the next morning. We also had them do other minor repairs, as recommended. We feel that all these are done in a timely manner and reasonably priced. Overall a great experience! -Charmaine & Jilbert

Thank you for the kind words, it was a pleasure.

More about Protect All

Welcome to Protect All. We care about your project by caring about the type of employees that execute the work. All our employees are carefully selected so that they're both genuinely engaging and technically sound. We're your trusted adviser.

***

Call us to ask about our FREE drone service and what else could be possible.