Brick Aid Masonry

Toronto ON M6M 3C7

Reviews for Brick Aid Masonry

C
C

Tuck point and brick repair

Phong and his team tuck pointed and repaired over 100 spalling and damaged brick on my home. The house is over 100 years old, so I wanted the brick repairs to match.

The repairs were so seamless that I had to double-check where the work was done. The mortar was colour-matched perfectly. They use high-quality brick and the proper mortar.

Phong and his team are really approachable and they listen to your feedback.

If you own a century or vintage home and want craftsmanship, give Brick Aid a call.

Your review means alot to us Thank you for your time C.
-Phong Brick Aid Masonry

jmli
jmli

Chimney Brick Repairs

We just had our chimney brick repaird by Phong, Mike and Teo. We are very happy with the job done by Phong and his tem. They did a fantastic job replacing the bricks. The mortar and jointswere very well done and seamless. The quote was reasonable. Phong went out of his way to do parging repair to the lower side wall of our entrance.
We would highly recommend Brick Aid Masonry to family and friends who need masonry work done.

Thank you for your Kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and Mimi.
BrickAid Masonry. B.A.M and it's done!

i2785
i2785

Front porch brick repair

Phong and Teo were fantastic. They spent half a day repairing the front of my house - mortar that had receded and needed to be filled in, plus a cracked brick. The work was done so well and seamlessly that I can't tell the new vs old mortar or where the new brick was placed. They previously worked on a larger job at my parent's house and who also was very happy with the work that was done. Phong is very meticulous and takes a lot of pride in his work, ensuring that the job is done right. Not to mention he is kind and easy to work with, and explains to you why he's doing what he's doing. I'd definitely recommend him to family and friends for any masonry work.

Thank you for your kind words Isabelle. Would love to work with you again.
Brick Aid Masonry. B.A.M. and it's done!

Dan
Dan

Cement Front Stair Repair

I build a new home in the Avenue and Eglinton area and have a large front stone/cement staircase that was failing apart. It was only 4.5 years old and was having stones fall off the side of the steps and the runners of the steps. The cement had to be grounded out, all the steps that did not have railings reset. See the before and after pictures.

This is the third home that I have built, I had a general for each but was active in selecting the trades. Like most with these types of projects I went to Homestars, found 4 contractors reviews / projects that looked similar to mine. As soon as you meet Phong, and start going through your project you will know you have found the right trade. He is knowledgeable, timely, good eye for detail and easy to work with. His price is fair, he was not the lowest and not the highest but was the one that I wanted to work with. I was also glad, he reviewed the job, went home to evaluate the project and then sent a fair price and was very timely on the work and his response. They completed my project in 2 and 1/2 days and were great with my neighbors, and kept the place clean and tidy. He does a 3 year warranty, which many will do, but it is great you don't have to ask as he stands behind his work. This part I don't know yet, but the work was through and in the spring I will know more.

I would highly recommend Phong for your cement project!

Thank you Dan for giving us a lead, a personal reference and a review on Homestars! People can be under the impression that these reviews are inauthentic, because of this we urge potential clients to ask about our past projects and your reference was greatly appreciated.
-BRICK AID MASONRY (B.A.M)

renoboy
renoboy

Porch sill replacement and parging

Great communication with Phong and company. The job was professionally done and was able to schedule / complete the work very quickly. Also able to provide recommendations that turned out well. I would definitely recommend.

Thank you Roy, we enjoyed working with you and look forward to working with you in the future.
-BRICK AID MASONRY (B.A.M)

Marni in Toronto
Marni in Toronto

New Mortar in Stone Stairs

The flagstone stairs leading up to my house were in disrepair, with the mortar between the stones crumbling. I contacted one stone specialist who refused to fix them and said my only option was to replace the whole staircase, including the adjoining stone path at the top (which was in perfect condition) with a new, more modern stone staircase. He estimated $5,000 to $6,000 for the job, which I didn't want to spend for many reasons, including the fact that I like the flagstone, and think it might even be original to the house.

Enter Phong and Brick Aid Masonry. Phong said he could fix them no problem, came by as soon as it was warm and dry enough to do so and had them done in a day. He came back a week later to collect his cheque and noticed that the mortar had dried a lighter colour than the old mortar so came back to darken the tint later that week. He also guaranteed the work for three years, so I don't have to worry about it again for a while. Thanks Phong.

Thank you Marni for this review. We are always honest with our clients. It was a pleasure working for you.
-BRICK AID MASONRY

Chimney Repair and Brick repair

Phong and Tea did a superb job. Phong began by first explaining the process of repairing the chimney and covering the empty window space. He explained why it had to be repaired in that manner by detailing the wear and tear of the chimney and matching the bricks to the original existing brick wall. The two worked as a team, were extremely polite, efficient and remarkably tidy. They took the time to clean up every debris.
More importantly, Phong and Teo were mindful of the neighbors property as they were working in a very tight mutual lane way.
I would confidently recommend and refer Phong and Tea for masonry work.

Abeba

It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for your kind review, Abeba.
-Brick Aid Masonry.

David W.
David W.

Old Masonry Block Wall Repair & Restoration

Phong and his team, Teo and Joe, did a fantastic job on a complicated restoration and repair of a masonry block wall for us. The team persevered and met each challenge and did it professionally and worked long days. At the end, we had a finished wall that we were happy with.

It was a very challenging job for many reasons:

1. LIMITED SPACE - The masonry block wall was 2 storey high plus parapet. There was an iron emergency staircase which was attached to the wall and ran the whole length that had to be repaired. Working around the staircase was a challenge as there was no easy place to build a scaffold. Much of the work was done on top of a 2x12 plank that ran from staircase step to the laneway door frame where the staircase ended. Some of the work were under the staircase which had limited access.

2. OLD BLOCK SIZES NOT AVAILABLE - The masonry blocks in the existing wall were in sizes that are no longer available due to the age of the building. This turned out to be the biggest challenge as many custom cuts had to be made on the new blocks in order to tie to old blocks at an inside corner wall and and outside corner wall, to match the level of the existing wall to support the rooftop floor joists and to fill in between the joists before continuing to build the last 3 rows on top to form the parapet wall above the flat roof top.

4. High winds and rain and no running water were part of the challenges that they had to deal with as the job span 2 weeks to complete due to many challenges.

David, thank you for recognizing how difficult that job really was for Phong and our team. I appreciate your honesty and your review.
Kind regards, Sonia -Brick Aid Masonry

Ben
Ben

Brick Repair

I was extremely impressed with Brick Aid Masonry. We had a number of bricks along our chimney that were decaying due to water exposure. Brick Aid Masonry came right out and gave us a quote the next day. Their quote was also quite reasonable in comparison with some of the others we received. When it came time to do the work they did a great job repointing the chimney and really went above and beyond when the job turned out to be larger than initially thought. I would definitely recommend Brick Aid Masonry to anyone who needs work done.

It was a pleasure working with you Ben. Thank you for your kind review.
-Brick Aid Masonry.

Jeff
Jeff

Stone work - patio

We were asked Brick Aid Masonry for a quote to re-do our front stone walkway and stairs. Phong answered our request immediately and was very accommodating around our schedule.
He was a consummate professional at all times, conscientious and respectful of our wishes. His price was extremely fair and he guaranteed his work. Delighted overall !

Your review means alot to us Thank you for your time Jeff.
-Phong Brick Aid Masonry

More about Brick Aid Masonry

Brick Aid Masonry is a family owned company. Operating out of Toronto and the greater GTA.
At B.A.M we believe that all great structures must be built on a strong foundation with the toughest of exteriors. Let us help you meet your standards. Ensuring that your building will stand the test of time.
Our core values are paramount to our success. God, family, honesty.
– At B.A.M Our goal is to provide you with the best craftsmanship in Toronto. Helping you get it right the first time and giving you nothing less than the quality you deserve.
– We guarantee our experience and services. Bringing a professional approach to every project we do.
Phong To