S&S Cleaning

Reviews for S&S Cleaning

filomena romano in Thornhill
filomena romano in Thornhill

HOME CLEANING SERVICE

I HAVE TRIED A FEW CLEANING SERVICES IN THE PAST YEAR AND S&S CLEANING IS THE BEST I HAVE HAD. THEY ARE REASONABLY PRICED
COMPARED TO OTHER CLEANING COMPANIES I'VE TRIED AND CALLED AND VERY EFFICIENT AND PROMPT WITH THE SCHEDULE WE SET OUT. I HAVE
ONLY HAD MY HOME CLEANED TWICE, BUT VERY HAPPY SO FAR.

THANK YOU S&S....FIL.

hello
thanks dear for a great review
happy to hear that!

kaxalortqipanidze
kaxalortqipanidze

Construction cleaning

Hi there,
I built house Jane and major Mack, and hired S&S Cleaning for clean up the house.
Company got young energetic cleaning chicks, and they were very efficient, friendly, hardworking.
Arrived at house on time and four ladies finished in 3 hour on deep cleaning, and left the house shiny
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

hi there
that's for a review
we will see u again
thanks

Unprofessional - Charged more hours than they worked.

Firstly, I have to admit -- the only reason I'm giving 1 star out of 10, is because the cleaner who came was amazing. I gave her a time-line, and she stuck to it and made sure she had everything completed in time. She paid attention to detail -- it was a hot day, and our air condition unit in our building was under repair -- and I felt bad she was working so hard in the heat. But she cared, and completed the job with a smile. I'd highly recommend the cleaner her self.

However -- When dealing with Sopio, I've never seen someone run a business so unprofessionally.

Heres why:

Earlier in the week when I inquired, I asked for a cleaner to come for 10:00am because I had to work later that afternoon -- 10:30 comes around and no one is here yet. I message Sopio, and asked where the cleaner is. she responded and said 3pm!

I once again explained I needed someone this morning, because I work later on. Told her if someone can come for 12pm, I can have a cleaner for 4 hours, otherwise I'll need to reschedule because I need to leave at 4pm to go to work. she promised a cleaner for 12pm.

Great. well, the cleaner didn't arrive until just before 1pm. I explained to the cleaner she can only clean for 3 hours, because thats the time-frame i was on. she said that'd okay. Earlier on in the email exchange Sopio told me minimum hours were 3 to 4 hours. so I thought, no big deal -- still hitting minimum hours.

When the cleaner finished -- I had the cash for 3 hours ready for her. She told me Sopio wanted to talk to me on the phone:

Sopio insisted that I pay for 4 hours -- I explained that I couldn't do 4 hours, so she's only getting paid for 3. she argued with me, and rambled on telling me what i need to pay for 4 hours (minimum) I explained -- that it wasn't possible to do 3 hours because her cleaner was 3 hours late, and earlier emails said minimum was 3 hours. she said but when we texted i said 4. I said, sure, 4 would have been fine... but your cleaner was late. so i'm paying for 3 hours.

Again, she went on and made excuses and got heated with me over the phone (she had to park, she had to travel, etc. etc. etc.) All not my problem.

finally i interrupted her yelling at me over the phone and said 'its fine, I'll pay you for the 4th hour -- however, I'll be giving you a bad review.

She said nothing and hung up the phone.

It baffles me! my original inquiry was for a cleaner every Friday going forward. because of her measly 35 extra dollars she took from me, she missed out on so much business from me.

This review is not about the money for me -- it's about the bad service. I paid her the full 4 hours, plus reimbursed her $13 parking -- and, I gave the cleaner a $20 tip -- as she was wonderful.

later that night I reached out to Sopio to explain the situation again and asked if she'd do anything for me. she agreed it was wrong, she apologized, and offered me the same services again, to make up for it.

However, I declined, because of the way I was treated, I'll never use her services again.

I do not like being bullied, or being taken advantage of. Being yelled at over the phone, not giving me a chance to explain the situation, (even though it was very clear) she was not about making the customer happy -- she was about getting any last penny out of me for the one job.

Do your selves a favour. Don't hire the person who responds first... look around for cheaper rates, and for someone who wont take advantage of you.

hello thanks for a review
i NEVER. yelling to anyone.
and want to say just taht it wasn't like that how u mention here
thanks for being our customers

tamara
tamara

Renovation cleaning

I’m so happy to write this review. I had a predicament where the cleaner I had hired to clean kept having sick employees. I needed the work done as we had painters lined up for right after the cleaners that never came. Sophie of S&S Cleaning was the first to phone back. I told Sophie of my predicament . This was Saturday, painters were lined up for Monday. SHe had one of her employees who was available for Sunday. She did an amazing job of getting three years of grime on a glass shower wall and tile area that was black with mold from three years of renters. Because I was not at the home at the time, Sophie sent me pictures of the shower, and the rooms that were cleaned so that I could see what her employee had accomplished. She did a superb job of the whole house and I am truly grateful.
I recommend to this company

Thanks Tamara

Irit in Toronto
Irit in Toronto

House cleaning

S&S Cleaning responded promptly to our Homestars search. We arranged for 2 ladies to spend 4 hours cleaning our house. They arrived on time, and their work was excellent. They were pleasant and thorough. We highly recommend S&S Cleaning.

Hi there
Thanks

Woodbridge
Woodbridge

Cleaning service

They are very good and no need to check their work. Punctual and friendly. Very satisfied

george
george

Post construction cleaning

I needed help cleaning my home in preparation for putting it up for sale. I emailed S&S Cleaning with only a few days’ notice. My email was responded to promptly, and I received a call from Sophie shortly after. I was assured that she could send a team out the following Monday. They arrived right on time and immediately got to work. I have never seen a group of people work so hard! They did an amazing job; I could not be happier. Everything in my home gleamed. The team was polite, friendly and completely trustworthy. I give Sophie and her team my highest possible recommendation; They were truly wonderful. If you're looking for an amazing team of cleaning professionals, S&S Cleaning Services is the company to call.

GWu in Markham
GWu in Markham

Post renovation cleaning

I am very disappointed at the service. I was misled by their rating here. Not all light fixtures were cleaned as promised because foam particles from the packing were still seen on the lights. The crystals on the chandelier were still dusty. They promised to move furnitures around to clean the floor but at the end many parts of the flooring were untouched. They emphasized wipe down service from top to bottom but so many walls were still dusty. Tapes and pencil markings from contractors were seen on the walls. They stated they would clean all the drawers but wood pieces were noted inside some of them. The carpet runners for the stairs were a nightmare to look at. I honestly do not think the cleaners actually vacuumed them at all.

3 month follow-up. I got a chance to live in the house and I can tell you they did not do what they promised. They did not clean any light fixtures at all. I have no clue why they were given a 10!

Review has 1 previous version

thanks for a review

Privet u.
Privet u.

Post renovation cleaning

I'm one of those people who sold their house in Toronto before the prices went completely through the roof. Quite possibly I'm the only one who didn't make money when buying and fixing up a small home. Protracted reno's, terrible experiences with contractors, and the birth of my first child forced us to move out mid-reno, and rent a home while fixing up and selling the house took a back seat. A full year later, I finally found a reliable, responsive, contractor - to do what I would call a post renovation deep cleaning. Things were crazy and hectic and Sophie at S&S Cleaning mobilized her staff at the last minute to get the cleaning done before the home stagers showed up. S&S cleaning is not the cheapest out there, but I learned that often you get what you paid for. They saved our bacon on this occasion and did a great job. Very professional and reliable - if you need good quality (and I think good value) then S&S cleaning is a good choice. If you're looking for the lowest cost then don't bother with them. Pics are not great but the staircase in the living room is new, and we refinished the floors. The front/mud room was where the tools and crap were stored for nearly 2 years of renos!

More about S&S Cleaning

S & S Cleaning
Our crew is ready to tackle your weekly home cleaning as well as your less frequent renovation cleaning tasks.
We look forward to chatting to see what is possible.