S&S Cleaning

Reviews for S&S Cleaning

Melanie
Melanie

Post Reno Cleaning

I hired S&S Cleaning for a post-renovation cleaning of my mother's house. There was a lot of drywall work done, the house was very dusty, and it hadn't been properly cleaned in a while so I knew it would be a big job. Unfortunately, I couldn't hire my own regular cleaners because they don't work outside of Toronto, and my mom's house is in Mississauga. I spoke with Sophie at S&S and I accepted that their cost would be $40/hour and she'd send 2 cleaners. She estimated about 6 hours for the 2700 sq ft (including basement) house.

She encouraged me to go check on the cleaning towards to end of the 6 hours, but when I arrived at the house I was very surprised to see that after 6 hours with 2 cleaners, only the top floor of the house had been cleaned, whuch was the least dirtiest floor. Logic would indicate that this was now a 3-day job, as the main floor and the basement still needed to be done. At the time, the cleaners were working on removing the stuck-on shelf paper from the kitchen cupboards, which I found totally unnecessary.

Long story short, the cleaners had to come back the next day, and now had to rush to finish the rest of the job in a reasonable time, compromising quality. I have very clearly communicated to Sophie that I am dissatisfied with the job because:
1. Unnecessary things were done which cost extra time and money, like removing stuck-on shelf paper. 2. Way too much time was spent on one floor. I understand the need for quality cleaning, but there needs to be a balance so it doesn't suddenly become a multi-day job. 3. The cleaners didn't always put items and furniture back where they found them. 4. When we moved some furniture back, the floor was dirty underneath. 5. Some items weren't cleaned - the front door rug was just rolled up and put away without vacuuming, and the front of the bar fridge wasn't cleaned. 6. They don't accept credit cards, and personally I found Sophie to be very pushy when it comes to payment. When contractors invoice me, typically they're not expecting me to pay within hours of service being complete. If they want immediate payment, then accept credit cards.

Again, I have been very clear about this to Sophie. I appreciate her trying to work with me on this and she did offer to send someone back the next day to redo the areas, however I don't have time for that as the house is being staged for sale. I expected a complete job done on the day I hired them for and it wasn't done. As such, I would not use S&S again or recommend them to anyone.

Ifti in Toronto
Ifti in Toronto

Biweekly cleaning

First session was satisfactory. They seemed to rush. 2nd time was a complete failure. They completely missed cleaning 2 rooms. How does that happen?? The kitchen - dishes were hastily shoved in cupboards. No care given to putting things in their right place. I complained to Sophie. I sent her pictures. Her response was wholly inadequate. I sent her a list of mistakes. I asked how could they completely miss 2 rooms? Why were some lights left on all day? She said she would talk to her staff who apparently don’t speak English well. Her only response was to send them back the next day - which didn’t work for our schedule and still didn’t answer our question as to why or how the rooms were missed. Our previous cleaners never missed a thing and always went thru and double checked their work. Not even close with Sophie’s ppl. She offered to refund me the difference - I said sure that’s fair. Lol until she sent me a transfer for $15?!?!? Let me see $180 for 3 hours.... $60/hr, so that should be $30 plus tax that I’d paid.
She expressed surprise saying I paid cash - NO and that $15 was enough for one room. I explained yet again it was TWO rooms missed. Apparently she doesn’t make notes of their own screwups. I said just forget it - no need to bother me again. Extremely disappointed. Would never hire them again.

Arwa
Arwa

Home Cleaning

The ladies are very professional and also very friendly. They are willing to go above and beyond to make a customer happy!

hi Arwa
thanks for a great review to us
we will looking forward to seeing you again
thanks

Annmarie
Annmarie

Housing cleaning

I highly recommend S&S Cleaning service. Excellent cleaners they vacuumed, mopped and damp cloth cleaning. They did an excellent job in the kitchen also...

hi there
thanks for getting back to us such a great review

Asked for a post-reno cleanup, got a rushed job instead

We were charged $280 for a post-reno cleanup. It's actually pretty steep considering we live in a 740sqft 1 bedroom condo and have gotten cleaners to do a much better job for less, but I was willing to pay more because this was supposed to be a post reno cleaning, but unfortunately all I got was a basic and poorly rushed cleaning job.

I had emphasized that I wanted the walls cleaned because there was dust from the reno. I made this clear to the lady I spoke to the phone as well as the cleaners. I believed they only cleaned one wall, the other walls were still dusty which I've attached photos of my swifter for proof that they weren't touched.

I had asked for the outside windows to be cleaned, the lady on the phone said it can be done so long as I have a balcony, which I do. The cleaners told me they couldn't do it. That would be fine if only they had properly cleaned everything else.

I had asked them to clean the toaster oven. They did not.

The floors were still dusty and looks like they just mopped over it because I can see dirty mop streaks.

They dropped some plant soil on my couch, which is fine (accidents happen) but they didn't even vacuum it.

Overall it was a poor job. I paid more because I expected a more thorough cleaning of dust due to the renovations, but they neglected the main thing I had asked them to clean.

The carpet was vacuumed, but it also looked rushed because I could see hair on some parts of the floor.

The only other extras I had asked which they did properly was cleaning the refrigerator and bed sheets.

The lady did ask if I wanted the cleaners to come back, but at this point I had already cleaned the walls myself and it was pointless. Please do a professional cleaning the first time. I was told the cleaners had an appointment to go to so they were in a hurry to leave, but if you're going to rush the job then at least do the one thing I emphasized which was to clean the dust from the walls.

Tanya
Tanya

Cleaning services

I am SOOO happy I called S&S. This was my 1st time with them, I called to get a 1 bedroom apartment cleaned after a tenant moved out. My cleaner was a friendly, kind lady who was serious about doing a good job (so nice to get someone without attitude). This was real cleaning, not pretending to clean. The filth behind the fridge and stove was scrubbed, attention to detail was great on cupboards, molding, lamps. It took longer than anticipated because of the amount to be done and she agreed to stay longer to get the job done, and get it done right.
This is the company I will call to arrange regular house cleaning in my home.

hi there
thanks for a great review
thanks sophie

salima.samji1
salima.samji1

House cleaning

They are very thorough and anything you ask they are happy to do it. Very quick and friendly. Great service!

hi Salima
thanks for such a great review!
c uthen again

Alessia
Alessia

Complete Renovation

We had 2 ladies come in to clean up our main floor after a complete renovation. They did amazing work!

hi Alessia
thanks for a review
it was nice to working with u
best regards

TAMARA in North York
TAMARA in North York

House cleaning

I called S&S Cleaning Services Toronto and within 2 rings they answered my call. They were very friendly on the phone and answered all the questions that I had for them.

They gave me a courtesy call prior to them arriving upon my request. I was very thankful for that.

I was impressed on how well they were dressed and how customer friendly they were to me. They did a really good job at paying attention to detail. They even got into some places where I didn't expect them to. When they did that, I knew they were very experienced and I knew I was in good hands.

My lifestyle is very busy and I am glad I found a quality company like S&S Cleaning Services. I would definitely use their services again and I would highly recommend them to my friends and family. thanks sophie and her teams

hi there
thanks for for a great review
c u then again

Post renovation clean up

I called S&S cleaning last minute to get my townhouse to clean up after Reno and Sophie answer first call and gave me exactly estimates through the phone!!
It was reasonable price and cleaning was perfect!
The ladies arrived on time and finished as we confirmed !
Highly recommended s&s cleaning , they are respectful for customers and professionals in their jobs!
Thanks Sophie and her teams!
Andrea

hi andrea
thanks for getting us such a great review
best regards sophie

More about S&S Cleaning

S & S Cleaning
Our crew is ready to tackle your weekly home cleaning as well as your less frequent renovation cleaning tasks.
We look forward to chatting to see what is possible.