Solid Solutions Contracting & Renovations

General Contractors
Calgary AB T3G 4C2
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Calgary  >  Solid Solutions Contracting & Renovations

Reviews for Solid Solutions Contracting & Renovations

403-477-0987
Calgary
AB
T3G 4C2

I hired Solid Solutions to develop my unfinished basement and could not be happier with the work that Andrew and his crew did. Andrew pays attention to every detail and ensures nothing is overlooked. He was extremely helpful throughout the entire process and was very quick to respond to any questions I had along the way. The finished basement was exactly what I had hoped it would be and was done two weeks ahead of schedule! The entire process went extremely smooth. I would definitely use Solid Solution again and would recommend them to anyone looking to have a job done right.

Hey Johnny it was our pleasure! Hopefully the guests will enjoy it while the come and visit the new baby. Congratulations and Enjoy the space!

PBeskas in Calgary
PBeskas in Calgary

Kitchen Reno and Basement repair

We used Andrew at Solid Solutions before for a smaller renovation (Powder Room) and were impressed with his work. So when we found a leak in our basement he was our first choice. Andrew came and diagnosed it within a day and had remediation going within the week. We then added on a kitchen renovation to his scope of work and the team was able to work within our schedule and stay within the budget.

If I had to summarize what Andrew and his team do best it’s their attention to detail as well as their professionalism. They treat every job likes it’s on their own home. We had 100% trust and we’re rewarded with amazing results.

I will use Andrew again and would highly recommend him.

Pete Beskas

Hi Pete thanks for the kind words! I know it's not easy gaining trust in contractors but we really appreciate you trusting us to complete your house update before it went on the market, especially because you were out of the country trying to find your new home while the construction was going on. Best of luck in the future and hope we can sneak in a round of golf when I make it down to California. Thanks again!!

J W.
J W.

ceiling repair & restipple, 15 doors installed and base boards replaced throughout

Andrew and his team were outstanding! They were always on time and completed our projects beyond our expectations. The craftsmanship was professional and of very high quality and it was clear that they take great pride in their work. Andrew was awesome about keeping us informed on all aspects of the work being done and answered our many questions without hesitation. He offered ideas and solutions that we are able to incorporate in our next projects.
We plan on using Solid Solutions for all our future projects (I have already lined up three more) and can't say enough positive things about this company.
We feel very lucky to have found this contractor and highly recommend him and his team for any project, renovation or otherwise.

Thank you Janet for your kind words! It was our pleasure and I thank you for inviting us into your house and letting us help make it a home!

Terri a.
Terri a.

Kitchen Renovation (etc. etc)

Was referred to Andrew and have never been happier. He and John were punctual, informative and patient with a myriad of Q & A’s almost everyday. The work was attentive and detailed without being slow. The pricing was fair and not excessive. Clean up was everyday and satisfactory. If you don’t get a quote from Andrew then it is your loss. He is easy to work with and will “find a way” to get those inevitable extras done reasonably and in a timely fashion. One of the advantages of Andrew is that he is hands on talented. You are not waiting for him to schedule someone as he does most all trades well. A huge advantage in time! Of course the people he brought into our home were terrific, courteous and friendly. This was a headache free Reno. Most difficult part for me has been trying to schedule him in for more! Work! He is justifiably busy!

Thank you for the opportunity to help make the kitchen of you dreams come to life. Solid Solutions loves to hear that you had a great experience as we pride ourselves that renovations can be for the most part painless.

Paul in Penticton
Paul in Penticton
0 reviews Penticton, BC

Deck build

Solid Solutions have been excellent to deal with for our deck construction. Despite some inclement weather they have managed to stay both on time and on budget, the finished deck is fantastic. Very polite and respectful of our property, looking forward to having them back in the near future for further renos!

Thank you Paul! It is awesome to have a client that wishes us a Happy New Year in spite of the busy and hectic time of year. Best of luck in the New Year!

slpede.work
slpede.work

House Reno- flooring, kitchen , trim , paint

Great service from solid solutions. Andrew, John and all the sub- contractors were wonderful to work with and have in my home. They were very respectful to myself, my son and my attention seeking dog.
Great assistance in the decision making, and the quality of products and services was outstanding.
They have given me a home that I have pride in again.

Hey Shelly we had a blast working with you!! I hope you the best in the New Year!!

Shannon from Panacea Painting Inc.
Shannon from Panacea Painting Inc.

Renovations

Andrew and the Team at Solid Solutions are truly amazing people. We have worked with and for Andrew a few times now. Every situation his care and attention to detail amaze us. We have never come across another contractor who makes renovations a fun and enjoyable process. He treats every client, trade and employee with respect, and kindness, and goes above and beyond to take care of everyone involved with the process. He pays he trades before clients pay him. He shows up on time, with a smile on his face, and does outstanding work every day. We will always recommend Andrew to our clients, friends and Family.

Thanks Shannon. You guys make my life easier as well with your attention to detail. Cheers.

David from Calgary
David from Calgary

Kitchen Renovation

We hired Andrew to remove an existing kitchen and prepare for installation of a new one including demolition, some minor plumbing and electrical and new drywall where required. Andrew and his crew showed up when they said they would and left as scheduled. They were paid to remove the exiting flooring but left over 40 screws protruding. They were tasked with extending a wall but rather than removing the drywall and providing new they attempted to feather out over a corner bead leaving a 1/4 lump in the middle of a wall that would be receiving cabinets (Notice the gaps on either end of the cabinet in photo after going over the corner bead left in the middle of the wall). Renovations will always create a mess but Solid Solutions made little to no effort to contain their mess to the kitchen. The final day Andrew and his crew ran fans in the corners to dry the mud while sanding adjacent walls effectively distributing drywall dust to all parts of the house. Since they were not tasked to do any finishing work other than drywall they seemed content to finish quickly and leave problems for the next trade including removing screws from the floor, filling pin holes in the drywall and leaving a wall that was decidedly not flat. Nice people and showed up as promised but a disappointing result.

I apologize that you had a bad experience with Solid Solutions as we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. I understand that we were a last minute call before your kitchen had to be ready for installation of cabinets. Due to the very tight timeline I believe we did everything possible to prepare and maintain your schedule which did include running fans to dry the mud in the kitchen. I am aware that the guys set up a barrier in the kitchen to make a temporary enclosure to try and help contain the dust as best as we could. On the last day you did express that you were a little upset with the amount of dust that the renovation created and we gladly refunded you the amount of a professional cleaning service to help satisfy your experience. I apologize that you were unhappy with a few issues in your project which we would have been happy to come and take care of. It is unfortunate that we were not aware of them until you wrote this review three months after the job was completed.

Best of luck in the rest of your endeavours!

More about Solid Solutions Contracting & Renovations

Solid Solutions is a Calgary residential and commercial renovation company founded by Andrew Leslie. Andrew started Solid Solutions with a desire to offer customers the opportunity to hire an honest and reliable home, kitchen, bathroom and basement renovation company that they would be confident in referring to their friends.