King Hill Contracting

Reviews for King Hill Contracting

Paul from East York
Paul from East York

Kitchen Renovation

We used King Hill to prepare our kitchen for the installation of new cabinets and appliances. They were very professional, reliable and easy to deal with. Many thanks to Bill who responded quickly and helpfully to all our questions. Lee was also a pleasure to work with.

Kevin from Mississauga
Kevin from Mississauga

Main floor renovation including kitchen, opening up two wall, isntalling larger, egress window's in basement

Recommended by our realtor, this was a "one stop shop" for us (design and build) as we were restricted to have the job completed in two months on budget (which it was not), however we paid excessively for that convenience.
Some of the main issues we had were the quotations and invoices not breaking down costs, only totals, so that it could not be understood how they arrived at their numbers. Also, minor changes along the way (adding pot lights or noise reducing insulation for example) that should not have cost much at all did in fact cost us dearly.
Another smaller issue was a worker smoking on the property even though it clearly stated in the contact that they were not to, and workers arguing loudly with each other in the presence of the client. Very unprofessional. When asked for some customer service follow-up subsequent to the renovation being completed for small issues such as cracks in the ceiling and tow kicks on the island coming loose that were not secured properly from the beginning, we were informed that none of their work was covered under warranty (despite what was written in the contact) and we would again be charged dearly for it.
To summarize, this is a small operation that likes to appear larger than they actually are. They do not stand behind their work or products and I found them to be mediocre at best, however seem to take pride in charging high-end prices. Since project completion I have found that corners were cut such as loose electrical outlets and appliances being installed incorrectly.
We still have two bathrooms to renovate and it is safe to say we will not be using King Hill.

Christine at SoHo in Midtown TO
Christine at SoHo in Midtown TO

I love my new white kitchen

I contracted with King Hill Contracting through Davisville Kitchens to provide all services for my kitchen renovation except the cupboards and installation. This included teardown and disposal of the old kichen, installation of appliances, plumbing, electrical and backsplash tiling. I found all the guys at King Hill to be knowledgeable, skilled and nice guys.
The big plus for me was the project management provided by Bill – having the tradespeople on site as and when needed, and his oversight throughout the process. Bill came up with the stainless steel panel above the stove to hide an electrical box; it looks like part of the original design. Both DK and KH are experienced in working in condos - I was pleased at how tidy the guys were and my neighbour commented on how clean they left the hallway. I allowed them to bring construction tools into my unit, which was convenient for them and just a little more clean up for me.
If there are any minuses, it would be that doing a kitchen reno is not cheap.....but you get what you pay for – great quality and workmanship !