Kitchen Crafters

Topeka123
Topeka123
1 review North York, ON

Kitchen renovation

Excellent work! The crew is efficient and so friendly! They made a great improvement in my kitchen which has made my life easier!

Adian in Mississauga
Adian in Mississauga

Kitchen renovation

I needed a full Kitchen renovation and looked and several companies for comparison. I'm glad I came across this company. I was afraid of getting a pre fabricated kitchen and researched several "Custom" kitchen companies. These guys are truly custom. They make all the doors and cabinets in their place in Mississauaga from scratch. The timing of the project was critical as I wanted to renovate before the holidays. They send out a designer to your house to measure and help create designs. Free estimates was a nice touch as I didn't want to pay for an estimate if wasnt going to go with that particular company. They also give you a 3d drawing so you can see what your kitchen will look like. Anyway, job was done in 3 weeks and they took down my old kitchen and disposed of it too. We are so happy with how the work turned out. Top notch service.

Nikki from Mississauga
Nikki from Mississauga

Custom Kitchen Renovation

Do not hire Kitchen Crafters to build you a kitchen. I hired them to build me a custom kitchen and they have abandoned me without a receipt. My kitchen is still not complete after 13.5 months. They are very expensive and do shoddy work. I paid over 50k for shoddy workmanship and a rippled, bumpy blotchy cabinet paint job. I don’t think it will last and they do not apply more than a coat of stain onto the wood. My tobacco stained walnut cabinets are faded looking. My cabinet doors are crocked and with large gaps between them. They got me the cheapest of knobs/handles that keep falling off because used the shortest of screws to drill them in. They took many unexpected days off sick, vacations, funerals and a couple of times just didn’t show up. The company hires young kids/volunteers to do the odd jobs, who are inexperienced and very messy. They left many drill holes in the centre of my cabinet doors instead of filling them in and they are very noticeable. My walnut cabinets look shoddy also with deep scratches filled in and several knicks that happened during transport..I think. My flip up door hinges keep breaking/squeaking. Corners were cut in several areas of the job - they substituted with cheaper face frames as much as possible. The company is very new and in my mind inexperienced. When they are finished installing your cabinets you need to hire a finishing carpenter to clean up all your trim and baseboards etc. They are not trades people nor creative at all..but rather from a business background. No help designing was provided and you need to always stay on top of them to keep the work flow. I had to design every square inch. I provided detailed instructions about where along the wall my kitchen needed to end. A big mistake was made when they extended my kitchen cabinets too far down the wall..even thou hard red stop lines were drawn and solid measurements taken. Now, the sunlight does not fill up my room and I was unable to install the island I had planned in the centre of my kitchen because the fridge doors would bang into it. Messed up the plan royally. Know that his price quoted does not include, lighting, backsplash, sinks, countertops, drywall, painting, several plumbing visits or cabinet handles so be prepared to hire several other professionals to finish your job. And cash is always requested for any of his referrals eg. counter top supplier. This company is a one man show. They want and try to please you but his work quality is not exceptional. Bottom line if you want quality work in a timely fashion do not hire this company.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi I would like to address this negative post.

I would like to start buy making it clear that I appreciate all of my customers.

Nikki’s project took a very long time. She was unable to commit to any decision; in many cases making final decisions and then changing her mind in hours and days later multiple times. I learned that any decision needed weeks to get an actual confirmation and even after everything was finally installed she changed her mind again on countless decisions. It took over 6 months for her to decide on a door style and she insisted on not coming to the shop to pick one; I could not understand this.

I am perfectly fine with any timeline. If a customer wants to take more time to make decisions I always suggest that they do so. Customers are paying a lot of money to do this work and I would never want them to make a decision that they will regret. However making 180 degree changes to final decisions after we have ordered all the materials is not very nice.

She delayed the install by months after the cabinets were made and sitting in our shop. Nikki told her contractor that I had run off with her money. When Nikki final set up the install date she was very unreasonable. She called and insisted that I start the next day without any notice. I was not able to accommodate this as I have jobs scheduled; she could not understand and suggested that I was not making her a priority. She wanted the install to take not more than 3 days. I told her it would take longer and with the intense detail of her cabinets and it should not to be rushed.

The day that we showed up to install the kitchen:

Nikki had torn down all the drywall in the kitchen and the walls were just studs. We could not install the kitchen. Nikki really wanted us to just put the cabinets up and she would put the drywall on after???? I explained to her that there was no way that that was possible. She called her contractor and told him to come and fix it without sanding anything because she does not like drywall dust?? She did not put the drywall up before we came because she did not want any dust.

When her contractor came:

He looked at all the cabinets we made. He was amazed with the quality (Nikki’s cabinets are inset face frame walnut; Beautiful looking cabinets with a lot of detail). He had been her contractor for over 15 years doing projects at her house. After talking to me about her delays in the installation he was so offended that she had been lying to him for the last several months that he quit the job and left her house right then.

Nikki no longer had a contractor:

I set up every aspect of the rest of her job even though I was only being paid for the cabinets (other than the drywall). I felt her job would likely never get done if Nikki did not have help. Nikki hired a guy to come do the drywall. He did it without sanding by her instructions. The walls are so poorly done that I can’t even understand how someone could be ok with it. We are installing a $50,000 Kitchen on walls that look like they have been prepared by a child. She insisted that the walls were fine. I reluctantly proceeded.

I got the plumber in, I got the electrician in, and we installed the cabinets.
There are so many details from this point that I cannot even describe them all. There were countless changes. She called the Canadian Cabinet Association to have my work evaluated by a third party to find faults. They gave me a 10 out of 10 which Nikki herself applauded me on (I have the email).

The design that she came up with was something from Alice and Wonderland. She wanted a truly unique kitchen that no one had ever seen before. She made it clear she did not want anything standard. Hard to describe.
I will give one example. Nikki wanted all the doors to all look like three drawers. Something that I told her may not be possible with inset face frame. She insisted that I could find a way and I did. Standard wood doors are 5 pieces where Nikki’s doors are made of 21 pieces. Any woodworker would be supper impressed with what we did.

To end all of this many people did not get fully paid. Including myself, the electrician, the flooring guy and the plumber. Nikki seems to try and find faults in work to insist on not paying for the job. There should be a section on Houzz to rate customers and warn contractors of whom they should avoid.

More about Kitchen Crafters

Kitchen Renovations Made Easy.
At Kitchen Crafters we specialize in custom kitchen renovations. We can offer you renovation solutions from start to finish. We are on budget 100% of the time. We deal with Medium to High end renovation projects.

We are a Full Service Renovation Company