A&E Masonry And Landscaping

Neil in Richmond Hill
Neil in Richmond Hill
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Brick Re-pointing

Our house had cracks in the brick mortar that needed re-pointing. Thaine responded to my request immediately, came to my house and gave me a firm, fair price. He showed up when he said he would and the quality of the work was outstanding!

Hi Neil...thank you for hiring us to do your brick repairs. I know you had a lot of companies that didn't show up because the job was too small. We take pride in our work and live by the motto that no job is too small. All the best and have a great summer.

Private User reviews Innisfil, ON

Broken bricks and parging

Thaine responded to our work request and assessed the water damage quickly which was appreciated. When the front bricks were done, our neighbors came by to critique his work and comments were, "neat" and "professional". Would definitely recommend.

Thank you for hiring us to do your brick repairs. Let me know if we can help with any other problems that you may have. Have a great Summer.

Private User reviews Innisfil, ON

Fixed the bricks for different sections of our house

He replaces the broken crumbly brick on the outside of our fireplace. Thang did such a great job fixing it. We’re so happy with the way it turned out .

Hi Mary and Steve thank you for your kind review and hiring me to do you brick repairs. Don't hesitate to call when you are ready to complete the rest of repairs. Thx again.......

Nick
Nick

Window sill and brick repair

Over the winter a few of my homes brick window sills deteriorated to the point where it was time to get them repaired. I found Thane and his business A&E Masonry And Landscaping here on HomeStars. I contacted Thane and he promptly called to arranged a time for him come see the repairs needed and provide me with an estimate. He showed up just as he said he would, inspected my sills and brick repair concerns, provided me a quote and estimated time line to complete the work. He showed up a few days later bright and early ready
to start the project. He worked throughout the day and completed the replacement of four window sills, two on the upper level of my home. I also required repairs to two holes in my brick wall from a previous furnace exhaust that had been removed. Thane sourced a suitable brick to match the 28 year old
existing exterior brick wall and completed those repairs that day for me as well. He made the entire process effortless for me and turned something that I thought would be nothing but an inconvenience into a happy and exciting process. After seeing his work and his excitement to complete a quality job I have already begun planning another home improvement project for the future that I will be contacting Thane for. Thank you Thane for the great work!

Hey Nick thank you for your kind review..... it was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for hiring me to replace the 4 brick sills on your house to a 3 inch one piece rock face Indiana Limestone sill.....no joints in sill so no chance of them leaking and causing mould in your walls. Don't hesitate to call us when your ready to go forward with the additional work we discussed. All the best and have a great summer.

Adam in Toronto
Adam in Toronto
1 review Barrie, ON

Interlocking Rear Patio/Stairs, Front Walkway & Stairs, Driveway Border

We hired Thane to remove an existing rear wooden deck and replace it with a 10 x 26 patio and steps, as well as, remove/replace existing front interlocking walkway, stairs, borders and small patio.
Thane's attention to detail, pride in his workmanship, quality of work and overall integrity are exceptional. He ensured that there was little to no damage to surrounding lawn and surfaces by using lumber to protect the areas when wheeling out hand-excavated soil and bringing in new base limestone and interlocking. Our job was completed in mid-April as scheduled despite unpredictable weather. Thane went the extra step of covering the work area with a tarp to protect it from heavy rain.
Thane works extremely clean, neat and organized. This further demonstrates his pride in his workmanship.
Thane worked closely with us to ensure our vision was brought to fruition. His 30+ years of experience are very evident. We have already had numerous compliments on the completed interlocking. We will definitely call A&E Masonry for any future masonry and landscaping needs.
Excellent work!

Hey Adam and Susan....thank you so much for you kind review and hiring me to do the improvements on your home. The old wooden deck in the back yard did not do your home justice. I hope you have many of bbq's/party's on your new stone patio. The front steps and walkway was really starting to show its age and the stone you selected really makes your front entrance stand out from others in your neighbour hood. It was a pleasure working for you and Susan and if you or your family need our service in the future please don't hesitate to call us. All the best in 2019.

Joe in Alcona
Joe in Alcona
1 review Innisfil, ON

Repaired wall

We hired thane to replace a block wall and the service and work were beyond what we expected.
He finished the job on time and cleaned up the site.
Would highly recommend him to anyone looking for masonry work.

Hey Joe thank you so much for your kind review and hiring me to build the new block wall for the basement entrance area. Not your typical block installation as we had to retain 8' of soil from the back yard by installing block lock and vertical rebar and filling block core with concrete. The weather was a challenge but managed to get it completed before it got to cold. Let us know if you need our services in 2019. All the best to you and your family in the new year.

Neil in Toronto
Neil in Toronto

Fireplace

We contacted several masonry contractors to provide pricing and scheduling for our project. Thane called within 24 hours and came by exactly when he said he would. He provided several options along the lines of what we were looking for and kept the project inside of our budget. He showed up when he said he would and completed the work on time. He took a lot of time setting up and protecting our brand new floors, which we really appreciated! It was very easy dealing with Thane and the quality of work is top notch! We would definitely recommend A&E and will be using him again in the near future for a smaller project.

Hey Neil....thank you for hiring me to install the stone on your new gas fire place. After picking the stone it was just the matter of finding it in stock and getting it in time so we could get the work done before Christmas. Everything worked out on time and we are happy how the fire place turned out. Thank you for your kind review and we will see you in the spring to tackle the other work you want done. All the best to you and the family in the new year.

Private User reviews , ON

Pizza Oven

I contacked Thane from A&E Masonry to build in my new pizza oven and match all stone , their preparation and workmanship is like no other
I have And will always us Thane our stonework

Hey Paul....thank you so much for your kind review and hiring me to do the work for your new pizza oven. Their were some challenges along the way but we had fun doing it. We hope you have many pizza party's In the years to come and I'm sure you will be the place to be on the lake. All the best to you and the family.

R.
R.
2 reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

Front Entrance - Cold Cellar Leak Repair

Thane responded to my ad with Homestars within 12 hours. We arranged for him to come look at the job and discuss how to best tackle it. The job was to lift the interlocking pavers off a concrete front entrance step, clean, waterproof, relay the pavers sloping away from the house. A&E arrived the following morning, and the job was finished in the same day.
We have had rain for 1 week, as well as hosing off the entrance, and there is NO WATER dripping in our cold cellar. We are thrilled! Thane was pleasant, listened to our needs and completed the job professionally.

Brian & Rose

Hey Rose....thank you for your kind review. We are happy that we solved you water problem leaking into your cold cellar. Don't hesitate to all us if you need our services In the future.

Andrew & Connie McGinley, Barrie in Alcona
Andrew & Connie McGinley, Barrie in Alcona
1 review Innisfil, ON

HONEST, TRUST-WORTHY COMPANY

Thane is a very trust-worthy, hard-working guy. He did a wonderful job at redoing our interlocking brick in the front of our home and saved us alot of money. He pointed out defects that were overlooked when we originally had the work done by another company. We are very happy with the job that Thane did and recommend him to anyone who wants an excellent job done by an expert. Thanks Thane.

More about A&E Masonry And Landscaping

Hi there I have had my masonry company A&E Masonry and Landscaping for the past 25 years. We specialize in custom stone and brick work. We install a number of products that are on the market today. Man made and natural products. We do custom homes,fireplaces,walkways,patio's,driveways,chimney rebuilds and restoration. If it's a masonry product we can install it.