Basement Renovation
Vaughan ON L4K
HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Vaughan  >  Harmony Basements Corp.

Reviews for Harmony Basements Corp.

Li in Markham
1 review Patuanak, SK

We recently finished the basement renovation by Harmony basements. The project started very well. The drawings and permit were done on time. Materials were delivered by stages on time. The materials are good quality and environment friendly. The workers are professional and worked very hard. They would not leave until job was done. Leo is expert in the project management. Every time when he came by to check, he would write down everything that need to be done/fixed in his phone for next stage. When he said he would send worker to do the job at certain time, they will come . The framing and insulations are well done. They put an extra layer of insulation around furnace room so that all the rooms are quite and noise-free. Right before Christmas, we got a fully finished beautiful basement with a beautiful custom made shower/bathroom, fireplace (which is done exactly what we wanted), all the rooms are quite/warm/bright/healthy, flooring are warm and beautiful. All the jobs are done by Markham city's building code and all are passed the inspection. Thank you Leo to put so much effort.

Keith in Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Harmony finished our basement reno in mid-September and I decided to wait on writing this review until we had a chance to use the basement for a while to see if any problem issues would arise. Thankfully nothing has! We've used other contractors in the past where this was not the case.

The best thing about the basement...it is WARM. This is due to the combination of using Roxul wall insulation, the DryBarrier subfloor and the Torlys luxury vinyl planks (w/ cork backing). When I walk on this floor with the current winter weather we are having, my feet are toasty warm. I've been in other basements where my feet are freezing and I know the contractor either didn't do a subfloor or didn't use a good product. The DryBarrier product is great because it very thin while still providing a thermal break and doesn't use up the limited headspace I have in my basement.

The basement looks great and feels great so my wife and I are happy with the end product. Have a look at our photos! That doesn't mean things went perfectly though. So to be fair, here are my criticisms. First, we were told it should be a 5-6 week reno no problem. Given how simple our basement design is, this really should have been the case. In the end it took 10 weeks from start to finish. Secondly, related to this delay, we were never certain when workers would show up. Some days it was bright and early. Other days it was late morning or early afternoon (or in the evening!). And there were quite a few days where nobody showed up at all. I understand that there are often other jobs happening for contractors/subcontractors but it would be nice if we were told in advance who was coming and when to expect them. Lastly, the order of operations was 'odd'. My father was a plumber and I worked with him in my younger years so I have a decent understanding of how construction process should work. I think Harmony did things as subcontractors became available which meant the ideal work flow was not adhered to...at least in my opinion. This doesn't necessarily affect the quality of the final product significantly but it is not what is typically expected.

I'll wrap this up with some positives. Mold resistant materials!!! Roxul, Drybarrier, vinyl floor planks, moisture resistant drywall, Kerdi membrane behind the shower tiles, steel stud construction...that's all quality stuff! Also it was built with a proper building permit where many other contractors will try to dissuade your from going this route. The folks at Harmony were a pleasure to work with. Diego, Mark and Lawrence are friendly, fun guys at the main office who helped us get this project within a fair budget. There are alot of basement finishes to choose from at their headquarters and Sasha was very helpful there. The bonus is that we were able to supply some of our own finishes and receive a credit on that. All the subcontractors were very friendly, courteous and respectful so we didn't have a problem with them being alone in our home even while we were at work. Lastly, Leo is a very easy to work with project manager and always available by phone or text message.

I really wanted to give Harmony a 10/10 on Homestars. Unfortunately, unless a project runs start to finish without any hiccups and without me having to stress over any aspect of the reno, there's no way anyone should be giving 10/10. So my 8-9/10 still reflects a very good final job done by Harmony but deducts a few points for late completion and a bit of poor work process.

I do recommend Harmony based on the people there and the quality of the materials used in the construction. We have used other contractors in the past for our main bathroom ensuite renovation and business office reno...Harmony exceeded them in every way!

Review has 1 previous version

Dear Keith,

I want to thank you for your very detailed review of your quality renovation we completed. As you mentioned we use only top quality materials & adhere to strick "Current" building codes. All our work is thoroughly " Inspected " by municipal inspectors to assure the highest standards making sure that our work meets municipal building codes.

This assures you a safe & proper build passed by your local municipal inspector.
You can be sure of a warm safe build.
Plumbing , Insulation, Framing and Electrical is Inspected and is passed by your local municipality.
In addition to this Harmony also submits Architectural drawings which illustrating current & proposed plans all to guarantee the homeowner the best possible build.
We strive to complete our Basements on a timely manner and our builds usually takes 6-8 weeks however sometimes inspections and issuing permits take a bit longer usually within 3-4 weeks.
Kieths basement build time was still in our usually time lines ...to ensure a quality " Fully Inspected Build " .

Thank you for your great review Kieth and we look forward to you enjoying your basement for many years to come ...

Best Regards,

Lawrence A. | Regional Sales Manager

Margarita in Toronto
1 review , ON

Harmony basements guys were extremely friendly and polled. it was pleasure to meet them, special Diego. We spend long time on the design of my 1200 Sq’f basement specially the stars way and they came out with lots of perfect ideas. i loved every single spot that was designed. The time came to get the price, they announce to me a $100,000.00. i was speechless for a moment, and then they told me do not worry they will make me a special discount, the price came down to $53,000.00. i paid them deposit of $3000.00 and schedule a date to start the project. Be honest i had some personal issues i ask them to reschedule for few times.The day before the beginning the project manager came and to look at the site and told me that there is an issue with my stars way, and we need to redesign it. Next Diego called me and told me that it will cost me an extra $10,000.00. i told him that i did’t hide the stars from him on the date of estimate and price was firmed, i told him that i don’t agree with the price change and asked him for half of my deposit back, i do appreciate the design they did and the time they spend but they can’t change the price after 6 hours of negutiations , my time is also valued. unfortunately by Law he sad you had 10 day after sign the agreement to cancel it, we will not refund your full or partial deposit. Expect your price will be changed.

Dear Ruslan and Margarita,

Thank you for your feedback and review about your experience with Harmony Basements Corp.
We want to thank you for your compliment on Diego’s design abilities, as we often receive business for his fantastic design layouts and modern design concepts. I myself attending OCAD I will agree that Diego is a very talented designer.

I would like to address several points as the sales manager. Our company’s goals are to provide our clients with the following: Highest Quality Materials, Workmanship, Project Management, Design Concepts and most importantly a “Safe & Proper Basement Renovation” all in a very timely manner.

We often do basements in excess of $100,000 our average basement range would be around $75,000 -$80,000.
This is what a quality basement from Harmony Basements usually costs to our clients to achieve a quality safe build with many upgraded features “A fully loaded Basement“ as opposed to a basic basement.

That being said we still tried to accommodate Mr. Ruslan K. budget of under $59,000. With a more basic build while still maintaining our quality materials, safety and a good design layout. I would like to state that the basement area to be finished was just over 800 SF not 1200 SF. The stairs where assessed by our diligent project manager and structural engineer who found at the time of the pre-inspection & before the “work starts“ an issue with a safety factor which had to be addressed and corrected properly to insure a safe staircase for Mr. Ruslan K. and his family.

I would like to stress that no one knew about the staircase issue before the pre-inspection was completed, which is why we do them before the work starts to ensure everything is checked.

To resolve the Staircase issue Harmony offered to fix this for “Free“ after consideration of what Mr. Ruslan K. said about the “ Big “ increase in price to fix this structural issue. No one knew that there was a problem with the stairs at the time of the estimate on May 31, 2017. It was only after the pre-inspection was completed that we knew, so after we considered everything we offered to “fix the stairs Including structural engineered drawings and permits for free “ as long as Mr. Ruslan K. went ahead with our original agreement to complete his basement.

We are also sorry about your personal matters, which delayed Harmony from even starting Mr. Ruslan K. basement several times.

The original contract was signed on May 31, 2017 and Harmony was ready to start in a timely schedule with a start date of June 26, 2017. It is now January 2018 and we would have liked to complete his basement. I also personally left several messages for Mr. Ruslan K. to discuss starting the project before the end of the year and resolving any outstanding issues in a friendly and professional manner, however I never received a return call from Mr. Ruslan to discuss the issues at hand.

Harmony did offer to fix the stairs at “NO CHARGE“ and would have liked to complete one of our High Quality Basement for Mr. Rusland K. and his family and took a loss doing so which I believe shows our company’s standards & business ethics.

Everyone who signs a deal to have a basement completed has 10 days from the signing date to cancel the deal under Ontario law. We are sorry about Mr. Ruslan K. personal matters but it is now 8 months after the deal was signed and we were also willing to have taken a loss of profit to accommodate the unforeseen issue with the stairs making sure his family was safe.

We thought this was a fair and reasonable approach to moving forward and completing the project.

Yours Truly,

Lawrence A.
Regional Sales Manager

Trystan
2 reviews Whitby, ON

I recently invited the Harmony Basements team for an in-home consultation on my project. The sales manager, Lawrence, was very forthcoming in that their price would likely not be the cheapest, but this did not dissuade me in the slightest to have them quote my project. What most people fail to realize is that what you can't see behind that walls, under the floor and above the ceiling are what matters most; especially when it comes to renovating a basement space that experiences environmental conditions that differ greatly from the rest of your home. This is where Harmony Basements sets themselves apart from the rest; using quality materials that are appropriate for use in a basement to ensure longevity, and most importantly, health and safety to those who occupy the finished space.

Thank you very much for the great comments Trystan. At Harmony our clients receive unparalleled value for every single dollar they spend. We only offer the greatest materials and workmanship, also the best design!

Jason in Toronto

We have just started our renovation with Harmony. We found Harmony through Google while searching for companies that use Magnesium Oxide boards in the basement where moisture can be a problem (i.e. no wood and regular drywall).
On our first meeting, Diego and Lawrence came to our house. After a few hours, we were able to go through an iterative process of making changes to the design and the virtual tour of our new basement on Diego's computer.

On top of the steel framing and Magnesium oxide boards, they also:
1) Use R22 mold-free insulation (we did not see this with any of the other contractors. Some contractors were even going to keep the old insulation we had on top and add to the bottom. Harmony removed the old insulation)
2) Use Torlys Vinal with mold free cork.
3) Have a beautiful Custom Glass shower option.
4) Permits. They get both electrical and building permits (Building permits too). They don't take shortcuts.
5) Offer a lifetime warranty.

I signed with them on the first night. We did get cheaper offers, but we plan to live in this house for the rest of our lives and we wanted the highest quality.
After this I met Leo. Leo has more experience in building homes than anyone I have ever met. He is clear and drives results. His team that we have met so far (Roberto, Pedro, Ron, Eugene, Sasha and Victor) have been amazing.

We have just started, but I am sure we will end of with a perfect basement. We will definitely post pictures and a final review when we are finished the project.

Jason

Hi Jason, thanks for the comments!

Our design consultants' goal is not only to provide our clients with a great design but also to educate them about the disadvantages of using conventional building materials (typically used by builders and other contractors in basements). We are proud to be a basement renovation contractor that really cares about the environment, one of the few out there that does all basement projects with building permits and probably the only one offering a lifetime warranty.

As you mentioned before we're not the cheapest, that's right, we are not for everybody. We are for smart and sophisticated homeowners like yourself who really care about their families and their investment.

Thanks for complimenting our incredible team, especially about the general manager Leo, his focus is getting things right the first time!

Enjoy the journey and thanks again for your business!

Lawrence Anonychuk
Regional Sales Manager

Nickie
1 review , ON

Very nice and qualified workers. Work was done in an expert and timely manner. Very helpful in planning the work and informative during the work. We highly recommend Harmony Basements.

Dear Nickie,
We are so happy to hear of your experience with our firm. We do so appreciate your efforts to convey how pleased you are, to the people out there who are looking for a reliable basement renovation contractor.
All the best!

Arm

We went to the Toronto Home Show with a need to renovate our Basement and a couple of ideas. We saw many a builder/renovator but only Harmony gave is the confidence that what we were looking for could be achieved. So we scheduled a Home visit.

At our 3 hour for visit Diego was able to get out of us what we wanted, detailed our needs, measured up and in a very short time he visualized on his computer what it was that we wanted. In that same visit commitments were made on both parts and the construction was soon to start.

The construction went well with only one real little glitch related to getting the floor we wanted. After that it was all just sweat, effort and working together.

In time we got exactly as we wanted and Harmony and their staff and contractors made sure that they looked after every last detail.

We think our basement is AMAZING and meets all our family's needs.

Thanks Harmony for helping us realize our vision with relatively little hassle and practically worry free!

They weren't the cheapest but we DEFINITELY GOT VALUE FOR OUR MONEY!

Thank you FOR EVERYTHING Harmony... A.

Thank you for you review Armando! Our designer and you guys came up with great design ideas such as the ambience lighting on all the glass doors! Your basement really looks amazing, it really does, this is why it's hosted in our website under project virtual tours.. one of our favourites!
Regarding the floor, our number one seller is the Torlys Vinyl Beach-house (the one you have) everybody loves it and at that time the warehouse ran out but fortunately we got it as quick as we could, and it really stands out.

It was a pleasure working with you and we are happy to have achieved your dream basement, At Harmony Basements we strive for excellence and we are glad you are satisfied with our work.

Migue

We were shopping around for a basement renovations expert and Harmony was by far the best! What stood out to us most was that Harmony uses this 3D virtual reality software to develop a design to show us exactly what the finished basement would look like during our home consultation. We could visualize the space and also got an estimated quote the same day so it was easy for us to make a decision on the spot. That won us over immediately and the work to follow was similarly great.

Hi Miguel, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Harmony. Our goal is and always has been to provide the best customer experience ever since the day we first meet. Enjoy your new Harmony basement for many years to come!

Diva

We are so glad to have our basement finished by Harmony! They provided us with exceptional customer service from start to finish, and really understood what we wanted the final space to look like. We love our new basement! Excellent work Harmony team!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Divya, we really enjoyed working for you and your family and are thrilled to have finished a beautiful basement for you. Thanks for any future referrals and we hope to one day work for you again.

More about Harmony Basements Corp.

At Harmony Basements, we help you turn your dream basement into a reality. We pride ourselves on working in perfect harmony with our clients to understand their vision and to meet their needs. We are industry leaders with over 20 years experience in providing our clients professionally designed finished basements. We are champions of green building solutions, and leading the way in providing energy-efficient, 100% eco-friendly and mould-free solutions to our valued clients in the GTA and beyond.

All of Our Basements Are:

● Done with building permits and electrical inspections
● Built to last™ with waterproofed and mould-free sustainable materials such as Magnesium Oxide Wall boards (MgO/Mag Boards) & Luxury Engineer Vinyl Plank Floors
● Protected by our transferable lifetime Warranty

Our Free In-Home Consultation Includes:

● Free 3D Render Design (Detailed architectural, electrical and mechanical drawings)
● Free Itemized & Transparent Quote (Detailed scope of work included)
● ⋆⋆⋆NEW⋆⋆⋆ Free Virtual Reality Tour - Immersive 3D Design Experience Found Nowhere Else!
(You can now submerge yourself in the design model we'll create together. You got to see it to believe it...)

⋆⋆⋆ REQUEST YOUR FREE DESIGN CONSULTATION ⋆⋆⋆
Call Today or Click the GET A QUOTE button now

Servicing:
Toronto | Vaughan | Woodbridge | Richmond Hill | Thornhill | Aurora | King City | Kleinburg | Bradford | Markham | Stouffville | Newmarket | Unionville | North York | Etobicoke | Brampton | Bolton | Mississauga | Milton | Oakville | Burlington | Caledon | Brampton | Georgetown | East York | Scarborough | Pickering | Ajax | Whitby |
basement remodeling Toronto ,
basement renovations brampton best,
renovating a basement best,
toronto basement renovation best,
basement renovations diy best,
basement renovation before and after best,
basement contractors best,
basement finishing best,
finishing a basement best,
unfinished basement best,
basement finishing toronto best,
steps to finishing a basement best,
finishing basement stairs best,
diy basement finishing best,
steps to finish basement best,
finishing basement windows best,
basement design ideas best,
basement design plans best,
modern basement design best,
basement kitchen design best,
small basement design ideas best,
small basement design best,
unfinished basement ideas best,
basement kitchen ideas best,
basement layout ideas best,
cool basement ideas best,
basement ideas on a budget best,
modern basement ideas best,
basement development ideas best,
basement apartment ideas best,
basement room ideas best,
basement flooring best,
basement floor plans best,
finishing basement floor best,
finishing a basement floor best,
framing a basement best,
basement wall panels best,
building basement walls best,
basement drywall best,
basement wall systems best,
how to finish a basement  best,
how much does it cost to finish a basement  best,
how much to finish a basement  best,
how to finish basement  best,
how to renovate a basement  best,
how to finish basement stairs  best,
bathroom renovation cost  best,
basement renovation cost  best,
cost to finish a basement  best,
how much does it cost to finish a basement  best,
basement finishing cost  best,
finish basement cost  best,
cost of finishing a basement  best,
finishing a basement cost  best,
cost to finish basement  best,
basement development cost  best,
basement bar ideas  best,
basement bar plans  best,
basement bar designs  best,
wet bar basement  best,
bar for basement  best,
basement wet bar  best,
bar ideas for basement  best,
bar in basement  best,
small basement bar ideas  best,
small basement bar  best,
basement renovations brampton professional,
renovating a basement professional,
toronto basement renovation professional,
basement renovations diy professional,
basement renovation before and after professional,
basement contractors professional,
basement finishing professional,
finishing a basement professional,
unfinished basement professional,
basement finishing toronto professional,
steps to finishing a basement professional,
finishing basement stairs professional,
diy basement finishing professional,
steps to finish basement professional,
finishing basement windows professional,
basement design ideas professional,
basement design plans professional,
modern basement design professional,
basement kitchen design professional,
small basement design ideas professional,
small basement design professional,
unfinished basement ideas professional,
basement kitchen ideas professional,
basement layout ideas professional,
cool basement ideas professional,
basement ideas on a budget professional,
modern basement ideas professional,
basement development ideas professional,
basement apartment ideas professional,
basement room ideas professional,
basement flooring professional,
basement floor plans professional,
finishing basement floor professional,
finishing a basement floor professional,
framing a basement professional,
basement wall panels professional,
building basement walls professional,
basement drywall professional,
basement wall systems professional,
how to finish a basement  professional,
how much does it cost to finish a basement  professional,
how much to finish a basement  professional,
how to finish basement  professional,
how to renovate a basement  professional,
how to finish basement stairs  professional,
bathroom renovation cost  professional,
basement renovation cost  professional,
cost to finish a basement  professional,
how much does it cost to finish a basement  professional,
basement finishing cost  professional,
finish basement cost  professional,
cost of finishing a basement  professional,
finishing a basement cost  professional,
cost to finish basement  professional,
basement development cost  professional,
basement bar ideas  professional,
basement bar plans  professional,
basement bar designs  professional,
wet bar basement  professional,
bar for basement  professional,
basement wet bar  professional,
bar ideas for basement  professional,
bar in basement  professional,
small basement bar ideas  professional,
small basement bar  professional,
basement renovations brampton service,
renovating a basement service,
toronto basement renovation service,
basement renovations diy service,
basement renovation before and after service,
basement contractors service,
basement finishing service,
finishing a basement service,
unfinished basement service,
basement finishing toronto service,
steps to finishing a basement service,
finishing basement stairs service,
diy basement finishing service,
steps to finish basement service,
finishing basement windows service,
basement design ideas service,
basement design plans service,
modern basement design service,
basement kitchen design service,
small basement design ideas service,
small basement design service,
unfinished basement ideas service,
basement kitchen ideas service,
basement layout ideas service,
cool basement ideas service,
basement ideas on a budget service,
modern basement ideas service,
basement development ideas service,
basement apartment ideas service,
basement room ideas service,
basement flooring service,
basement floor plans service,
finishing basement floor service,
finishing a basement floor service,
framing a basement service,
basement wall panels service,
building basement walls service,
basement drywall service,
basement wall systems service,
how to finish a basement  service,
how much does it cost to finish a basement  service,
how much to finish a basement  service,
how to finish basement  service,
how to renovate a basement  service,
how to finish basement stairs  service,
bathroom renovation cost  service,
basement renovation cost  service,
cost to finish a basement  service,
how much does it cost to finish a basement  service,
basement finishing cost  service,
finish basement cost  service,
cost of finishing a basement  service,
finishing a basement cost  service,
cost to finish basement  service,
basement development cost  service,
basement bar ideas  service,
basement bar plans  service,
basement bar designs  service,
wet bar basement  service,
bar for basement  service,
basement wet bar  service,
bar ideas for basement  service,
bar in basement  service,
small basement bar ideas  service,
small basement bar  service,