Breno Roofing Inc.

Mississauga ON L5H 4K5

Breno Roofing Inc.

Best of 2021 winner 3 timesBest of 2021winner 3 times

Reviews for Breno Roofing Inc.

kent from North York
kent from North York

Great products and great service: highly recommended

Breno Roofing carry excellent products. They installed CertainTeed top-end fiberglass shingles and also did ALL aluminum including gutter guards on our mid-century side-split house. The crews were very professional, did the job efficiently and with high quality. We had one issue that was very quickly resolved PERSONALLY by Norbert (owner).

Highly Recommended.

Mark in Toronto
Mark in Toronto
5 reviews Newmarket, ON

Good Quality Roofing, Unfortunate Very Poor Service/Communication

Short Story: The actual roofing/shingles was done well for the most part other than one leak on a skylight. The aluminum work (soffits/gutters/fascia/etc.) was OK. The service and communication were horrible and it was a very painful experience.

Long Story: And if you are going to read, it's a long one. But I want to give all of the details as I know a lot of people rely on Homestars when picking contracts.

We used a great roofing tech company. They do digital imagery of your roof and get quotes on your behalf from reputable companies that they work with. I received three quotes, Breno was the middle quote and we went with them based on their positive reviews both on the platform and here on HomeStars.

It seems like they are a good company and that our experience was not normal for them. Maybe we just got unlucky to have all this subsequent stuff happen. Here goes...

The day of the shingle work happening, they had their bin guy drop off the dumpster bin on the driveway. The driver backed into our basketball net (bottom of driveway to the side) with the side of his truck. Yes, the side of his truck. We watched him hit it and he couldn't have missed it as it was on his driver side and he even tried to tuck in his driver's side mirror. He hit it hard enough to knock cinderblocks off the base of it. I walked outside and let him finish lowering the bin. I obviously expected he was going to get out and look at the net, or at least acknowledge me and apologize. The guy just drove away! I couldn't believe it. Stuff obviously happens but you can't hit something and just drive way. In fairness, the owners of the bin companies were amazing and went above and beyond. They went as far as replacing the basketball net, which was beyond generous. They were so apologetic and are obviously wonderful people. If this was the only thing that happened with the roofing project, stuff happens, especially as the owners were amazing in replacing the unit, but unfortunately it was only the start of a mess of errors to follow.

Next was the actual shingle work. This went well overall! The crew was very prompt, courteous, and hard working. The shingles look good overall and they completed the entire roof (3,000 sq ft house) in a single day. They cleaned up well and at that point we were happy with everything with the shingles.

From there, there were a few nuisance things we had to track down. They left the extra shingles sitting in the middle of the driveway for a week and I had to follow up at least 4-5 times to get them removed. Again, in itself not a huge deal, but a pain that you shouldn't have to deal with. They should have taken them the day-of or the day after or whatever.

Next a few days later we had the aluminum work scheduled. The guys showed up (separate crew) and I actually found out they were sub-contractors and not Breno guys themselves. They sub out the aluminum work. No issues at the time. The guys did their work and it took a few days. We had lots of communication with the crew and they seemed to be doing a good job. At the end of day 1 (late afternoon) we were talking to the crew about animal issues in our neighbourhood. We back onto greenspace in a very mature neighbourhood and we are always seeing racoons, skunks, possums throughout the evenings. Many houses have various cages on their roofs, etc. As the aluminum was a few days of work, we told them to make sure they don't leave any holes in the soffits overnight. They assured us no problem, they won't leave any. I walked out after they left and there was a 3-4 foot open hole in my soffits right at the front of my house. The frustrating part was that we literally just spoke about this specifically. I questioned them the following morning and the main guy admitted that "we f'd that up, sorry". Frustrating experience.

Anyway, they continued for a few days of work with everything going well. They had to return back to do some final caulking on a final day, which they confirmed was a Friday. I stayed home on the Friday from the office to ensure I could do the final walkthrough. 4pm on the Friday comes and they haven't showed up. No e-mail, no phone call, nothing. I call Breno and ask them what is going on. Zaneta (who is super nice and professional). She called the crew and called me back. They had a truck issue and wouldn't be coming. Fine, stuff happens. But if you are supposed to be at a client's house, why wouldn't you at least hvave the courtesy to call or e-mail or do something? The communication from this company was just awful. No respect for the customers time.

Aluminum work finally got completed. Last issue now. One of the skylights that they did on the roof started to leak in the first rainstorm after the roofing was done. Water leaking onto brand new floors and our bed in our master bedroom is obviously not ideal. It took them almost two weeks to fix it and we had to track them down with probably 10 or so calls to get them to actually come fix their work. I kept hearing, both from Zaneta and the 3rd party company that some guy "Norbert" was going to call me on multiple occassions. Then Norbert was supposed to call me when the crew was coming to fix it. I have never spoken to this guy that was supposed to call me 3-4 times. 2 weeks to fix a roof leak is completely unacceptable.

Last issue. After the roof leak, we asked them for a quote just to remove the skylights. We understood obviously that this would be an extra cost. After the leak, we said let's just get rid of these things even if they can be easily patched and fixed. Breno quoted us $980 for this. We accepted it. A few days later, they confirmed when they can do the work. From there, for some reason they pulled the quote off the table and say they don't want to do this work. Why would they quote on this work and confirm with us to only pull out the rug from under us? Very unprofessional and very confusing.

Anyway... Coles Notes. Lots of very bad communication and poor customer service. Shingles look decent. Aluminum was a soap opera.

If you read all this, you deserve a gold star. Obviously a really negative experience and hopefully others do not have it.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Mark,
we appreciate your thorough and lengthy review of our work and experience with Breno Roofing, especially your time as a busy property manager dedicated to this review. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with your new roof and your new aluminum work. It is of most importance to our entire team that we deliver high quality installations every single day and our whole team is focused of not only satisfying our customers, but to go beyond with high quality workmanship. We are happy to hear that we met your expectations in regards to this.
As every story has two sides, I would like to take this opportunity to correct many facts, which don't correspond with true and also to provide, for any our potential future customers, the view of Breno Roofing related to the described horrible and lack of communication.
Roof replacement process involves many parties - roofing supplier delivering shingles with boom trucks, dumpster companies delivering bins, our crews delivering tools - but the important part of this process is that if there is a damage to home owners property by any of these parties, as was the case with bin driver driving over your basketball hoop system base, we always take full responsibility, and therefore with cooperation of our bin company (E-Bins Disposal Inc. - THANK YOU), a brand new basketball hoop system along with new basketball was delivered to your property within a week. As per left over material from installations, shingles were not left in the middle of your driveway but were put on the side of the driveway, where they were in no ones way, before they were picked up by our service guy. I apologize if these 5bundles sitting on the side of your driveway were so disturbing to you, Breno Roofing has on average 20 jobsites a week and it takes couple days for the service guys to pick up left over materials once job is completed and I hope that this will not affect your satisfaction with your new roof.
Regarding your aluminum project (eavestroughs, soffit, fascia replacement) - this project took 3days to complete. You contacted our office after first full day of work with your concern that after removing all old soffit and fascia panels, there is an opened area, before new aluminum is installed, where squirrels or raccoons might penetrate inside overnight. Our response - this is part of the work that there are many fully opened areas since its a more days project, in case you face any animal issues, Breno Roofing will take full responsibility as we always do. The entire aluminum work project went smoothly, OUR guys went beyond the scope of agreed work and installed extra areas for you for free as you are well aware of, just to have another delighted customer. Foreman of our crew provided you with his personal phone # before returning to complete the installation on Friday. When you spoke with our office on Friday, because of the truck issue, we apologized and the guys were ready to complete the installation on Saturday, which you refused and requested Monday 9:00am to meet the guys. Not sure why, but you left right before our guys got to the jobsite on Monday and you left our grass sign in your garbage in the middle of your driveway. That's the experience our aluminum guys had working with you.
On another note, you were given $1,000 tickets for a sport match in Toronto as a Thank you and apology for the lack of communication you were complaining about to our partners at Roofr Satellite Images by them.
Skylights - Breno Roofing didn't install any skylights on your roof as described, you already had old skylights installed. One of them had leaked before, as clearly visible on pictures taken around inside curb of skylight with old water stains and peeling-off paint. However, this was never mentioned to us prior commencement of work, neither have you requested skylight replacement. We do honor our warranties, and ANY service call we receive has to be answered and ALWAYS is answered within 24hours. Your leaking skylight, NOT your roof has nothing to do with your roofing warranty. Your friend Nicholas from Roofr asked us to provide a quote to close off your skylights in order to prevent any future leaks because of their age.
Every homeowner has the right to choose a roofing company they want to work with and every roofing company has the right to work or refuse to work with homeowners as well. Since as you describe we were not able to meet your expectations, even though as stated we delivered satisfactory roof and new aluminum system, we have decided not to proceed with any new further work. We have however, as you know, serviced your skylights for free and sealed off the leak. It is my understanding, that they will be closed off by Nicholas himself.
I am aware that we can not fully satisfy every single customer, however, I am glad that Breno Roofing has delivered another stunning new roof along with new aluminum system for your home and I would like to thank you for choosing Breno roofing. Norbert

Chris on Euclid
Chris on Euclid

New Roof

Breno did a great job on my roof in 2019. They fixed my leaking chimney as well and installed an additional vent as the first vent installed wasn’t enough to keep my house cool. So far the shingles and the workmanship have been great.

M.B. , Brampton, ON
M.B. , Brampton, ON

New roof

I’don't usually write reviews but this was an amazing company to deal with. We have to replace our roof due to weather damage and chose Breno Roofing out of three company. It was a pleasure to deal with Norbert and his team. The day was hot and humid, 30-32C, but the team showed up at 7:30am, covered the deck for protection and started. The guys worked hard and at 6:00pm we had a new roof, and there was not a trace that our roof has been replaced the same day. Really impressive job. Our roof look amazing and we couldn’t be happier with the results. Reasonable prices, great quality, and service. Thank you Norbert and team and Zaneta. We gladly recommend Breno Roofing

AD In Mississauga in Ottawa
AD In Mississauga in Ottawa

Eavestrough

Norbert and his team were very attentive and provided professional service to address our eavestrough work. They made a tough job look easy and the results were outstanding. We couldn't be happier.

Joe from Oakville
Joe from Oakville

Roof and eavestroughs

After receiving several quotes we decided to go with Breno roofing. They were professional, courteous and attentive to our needs. The completion of both the roof and eavestroughs were beyond our satisfaction. If yiu need a roofing company we highly recommend Breno roofing. "Outstanding"

nuancegt@12
N. T.

New flat roof

The entire experience with Breno was friendly, understanding, and very professional. Norbert visited my home to ensure the quote I had received was comprehensive and correct. The work was completed within a few weeks of receiving the quote and the crew was fast, organized, and ke[t the area around my home clean and safe at all times.

I had a few shingles missing from my garage and the crew happily replaced them for me at no additional cost.

I strongly recommend Breno....

Private User reviews Milton, ON

Fantastic roofing experts

Breno roofing was a fantastic roofing company that myself and neighbors had hired through roofr.com. Overall our experience with them was perfect, they explained all the details including any roofing upgrades and accessories as well as their labor was a 15 year warranty plus the 50 year warranty from the shingle manufacture. The crew they sent were great, cleanup was superb, and they were very polite and hard working. I could not recommend a better roofing company, thank you Breno and please take care of that amazing crew that completed the job in such a timely manner!!

Private User reviews Milton, ON

full Roof replacement

I found Breno through Roofr.com. Their quote was the best for the same Everest 42 shingles. After signing, the process was painless. I got updated by email every step of the way. The crew arrived on time and were very respectful of my property. The job was completed by the time I got back from work same day. I highly recommend these guys. They know what they are doing.

Thank you for your kind words And taking time to leave us a review. We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience with Breno roofing. Zaneta

Mike V
Mike V

Breno roofing from start to finish was simply outstanding in the entire process. The initial presentation was so well executed and well done.
Norbert was professional and assisted my wife and I with solving our roofing problems and in the end was all corrected and done right.

I very rarely give reviews good or bad, however this company deserves to be recognized for its amazing workmanship, punctuality, and professionalism. Oh ya and I cannot forget to mention the work crew, probably the hardest working crew I have ever seen. If anyone has walked a roof before then you know that it takes a special person to do this type of work. If you haven't then take my word, it's very hard dangerous work and anyone questioning roofers should think twice.

Well done guys! Keep up the fantastic work!

Thank you so much Mike for taking the time and leaving us an excellent review. We are more than happy to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with our company and I will definitely pass it on to our guys as well. Zaneta

More about Breno Roofing Inc.

Our main goal and vision is to become THE RIGHT PARTNER to solve all YOUR roofing needs!

At BRENO Roofing, we offer our valued customers a perfect, customized solution, when facing any roofing issues. With combined roofing experience over 18 years, we are ready to assist you when choosing your new shingled roof or in resolving a range of roofing related problems on any shingled and flat roof.
BRENO Roofing perceives each project individually with personal approach by the owner, as we are family owned and operated.