Guardtek Systems Inc

Denise from Etobicoke
Denise from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Reliable Gemini System running for 3 years

Our Gemini system was installed by Guardtek three years ago, around June 2010. It has been working great ever since. The monitoring people call us immediately anytime the main communication line goes out. We have a backup communication line and have never had both go down.
Our only issue is that our sales person has left Guardtek and we have not heard from his replacement. So far, we have not needed anything else so this is not a major issue.

wc from Richmond Hill
wc from Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

residential alarm system

Guardtek sucks. their equipment is outdated, monitoring services is not reliable. I regretted right away 3 years ago when I signed the contract and saw the equipment. There was once I lost my phone signal, they did not even know! Sales - Mimmo - only cares about getting your money. I ripped out the whole system and put in DCS to replace the outdated Gemini system. We paid over $2,400 for putting 2 speaker wires, 3 window shades wires and 3 CCTV wires, it was way too expensive and the wires are a mess (see photo). At the end, I even had to connect phone lines for my bedrooms myself while Guardtek was responsible for this as designated by the builder. I had to pay over $1,600 for 2 additional alarm keypads, 2 CO detector and 3 smoke detectors and only 1 free motion sensor. with the other vendor I just switched, I got it for free! The Gemini system is outdated, it could not even support wireless, while I got it for free with my new DCS system. With the DCS, I only press 1 button for bypass, going out and arm or other functions, but the Gemini requires on average 4 keystrokes. The other joke is with the new vendor, I choose my own password, while with Guardtek, they assigned a password number for you (do you believe you could not choose your own password in 21st century?). How could I remember a 5 or 6-digit number other people assigned to me, so it ends up I have to put the password number up in a "visible and convenient" place ! The only sensor they provide is also very slow, it sensed motion with about 0.7 to 1 second delay, with the new "free" sensors, the response is instant.
I was lucky, after I moved in, I did not engaged them to put in CCTV equipment, otherwise, I would have to write off another FIVE thousand+ dollars.

Hi WC, Unfortunately we cannot find a record of you in our system. If you could provide additional details we would be happy to look into your particular situation and try to find a suitable resolution for you. Please remember that pricing is often determined by the builder on new home construction. You can assign your own password on a Gemini system. That is a common feature on most alarms. The builder standard may have been a Gemini system, which is typically a higher level alarm system offered by more premium builders. We can offer you almost any brand of alarm if you have a particular preference. Our phone number is 416 736 7722.

Frankie in Toronto
Frankie in Toronto
1 review ,

Security System

Guardtek installed a full featured alarm system into my existing residence without problem. Professional sales staff and technicians that are really magicians when it comes to running wires. Overall, would definitly recommend to anyone looking for a top quality security system with, excellent after sales service and response. Cheers.

Bruno
Bruno
1 review ,

Alarm System

I've used Guardtek for several years at both my home and business. Their service has been exceptional. Their service department responds quikly to any matter. I would strongly recommend them to anyone requiring alarm services.