Comfort Pro Ltd.

Carleton Place ON K7C 2V7

Reviews for Comfort Pro Ltd.

Decal
Decal
8 reviews Ottawa, ON

Unable to fix the unit (but didn't tell me)

My residential geothermal heating and cooling unit wasn't working properly. I retained Comfort Pro's services based on the recommendation of the previous homeowner, and my initial experience in dealing with them was positive. With the purported diagnosis and repair though things quickly went off.

The technician sent by Comfort Pro was very young, and spent much of the time of his two visits on the phone with the manufacturer trying to trouble-shoot the problem. He clearly had no idea what he was doing. In spite of hours in my home, and various manoeuvres including the replacement of several key parts, the repair was not effected. I contacted the office and sent pictures and an explanation. I was told the owner Tom would get back to me.

Three weeks later, I'd still received no reply. Note this was in the summer and the geothermal cooling unit was not functioning this entire time.

With absolutely no confidence in Comfort Pro's ability to fix the issue I contacted the manufacturer and on their recommendation hired a second repair company. That company was quickly able to diagnose and fix the problem. In hindsight the work diagnosed and done by ComfortPro had no bearing on the problem, in fact one key component had been further damaged during their attempted repair.

So the lesson is to contact the manufacturer and get recommendations!

N. in Toronto
N. in Toronto
1 review Carleton Place, ON

Ductless mini-split heat pump

We called a few companies in our area to get quotes for a mini-split air conditioner/heater. With the exception of Comfort Pro, most took over a week to respond and come over to review the installation. Tom from Comfort Pro came by the next day. At the outset it was clear that he was very knowledgable and was able to determine the correct equipment and design quickly. He then checked all aspects for an install in the house (electrics/framework/dimensions) even with the understanding that a sale had not happened yet. Their quote was delivered promptly a couple of days later. A bonus for us was that after a bit of our own research, the company was quoting the best equipment for mini-splits from Japan.

It took three weeks more, but we finally got all the estimates in from the other suppliers we called. One supplier had a slightly cheaper quote, but it was for an unknown brand of equipment made in China. Comfort Pro was next with quite a reasonable price for their quality gear. Two other quotes were way more in cost ($1,300.+). We confirmed with Comfort Pro and the installation was scheduled for 10 days later.

Installation was on time and very professionally executed. Tom himself and two other top qualified technicians completed the job in a day with some very valuable time allotted in testing the equipment to perfection. Everything was neat, cleaned up and operating just as we expected. In the end, there were no financial surprises at all. It was all explained and honoured ahead of time by Tom's careful consideration.

I would highly recommend Comfort Pro anytime to anyone looking for HVAC services and equipment purchases.

Diane Ingram
Diane Ingram
18 reviews Ottawa, ON

Gas line connection for home-wide generator

I was introduced to this Carleton Place ON company as a sub-contractor via the company that is installing a generator at my residence. The two young men who completed the gas line hook-up for the generator were a pleasure to have doing this work. They were professional and personable, took great care with what they were doing and answered all my questions.

Given the excellence of their performance here today, I shall be doing further business with Comfort Pro. I recommend this business without reservation and wish them continued abundant success.

More about Comfort Pro Ltd.

Heating, Air Conditioning and Ventilation. We understand the importance of maintaining a comfortable, healthy, safe and energy efficient home.