The Cedar Guys

Landscape Contractors & Designers
Newmarket ON L3Y 9E3

Reviews for The Cedar Guys

Cedar Hedge

I've used the Cedar Guys services last year to plant 43 6-7 ft cedars along the back fence of my backyard in Stoney Creek.

They did a great job is less than two hours and even installed a soaker hose for me!

Thank you!

Gayle in Oshawa
Gayle in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

On top of the job from start to finish

Matt and his team were very friendly and professional.
Matt gave me constant updates on their arrival time frame as it was a rainy weekend.They were in and out like a flash. They left us with materials for after care and gave us some great gardening tips.
I don't have a green thumb at all so it was great to leave it to the professionals.

It was money well spent!

David in Mount Pearl
David in Mount Pearl
1 review Mount Pearl, NL

Front & Backyard Cedar installations

Informative, highly professional install team. Trees are healthy and affordable cedars. After 3 different installs of 40-60 trees each time, all have grown very well and had me coming back for more of the Cedar Guys. Highly recommend.

1234567aBc in
1234567aBc in
1 review Hamilton, ON

Cedar Hedge

Having worked with them before, they were my natural choice when I had to patch a hole in the hedge. They were profesional and knowledgeable. I'll keep they phone number for the future.

Lisa H in
Lisa H in
1 review Hamilton, ON

Cedar Hedge

After looking online for prices to have cedars planted along a frost fence on my property, I came across The Cedar Guys website. Their prices are very reasonable...way cheaper than any others I came across in my search. The customer testimonials were all positive which was also encouraging. I contacted Matt and told him what size tree I was interested in (7'-8') and he told me that for the 43 feet of fence I wanted filled in, I would need 47 cedars. I booked a day for his crew to come out to do the planting on April 24 early afternoon. Chris and Paula showed up at exactly 12:30pm on the 24th and had all the trees planted by 3:45pm. They were wonderful. They took the time to make sure the best side of the cedars were facing out and that all the trees that were straight. They were professional and friendly and so hard-working...a real pleasure to have around. They gave me detailed instructions on how best to care for my new trees and answered all my questions. I am so pleased with the new hedge and I am excited to watch it grow into a thick wall of greenery of the next year or two. I would 100% recommend this company to anyone wanting a natural privacy fence. (and have to several friends already!) Thanks Cedar Guys!

Marty in Brampton
Marty in Brampton

Recent Cedar Planting

We recently used the Cedar Guys services to plant 39 ten foot cedars along the back fence of our very bare yard. I started the conversation with this company over a year ago and they were extremely patient, responsive, and not pushy at all. The level of customer service from a communication standpoint was excellent! I was not surprised that the same level of service was given onsite when the trees were planted. The team worked fast, they kept the area clean, and they came with excess trees to ensure that the better quality ones were picked. I am recommending this company to everyone who is looking to create a more private atmosphere in their yard. They have been around for 20 years and they honestly care about their customers and their reputation. They offer a warranty on their trees, provide you with easy to follow instructions, and are there to help after the job is done if help is needed. Thank you again for such a great experience!

Linda from Thornhill
Linda from Thornhill

Cedar hedge

We were very satisfied with the service provided by The Cedar Guys. Matt responded quickly to email questions, and was very informative and helpful regarding fertilizing, pruning, watering, etc. The website also provides detailed information. We ordered twenty 10 foot trees to provide an instant screen against adjacent townhouses. The pricing was much better than garden centres. Cedar Guys also laid down mulch that we purchased for the project (photo.) We planted about one year ago, in October 2015, but one tree turned quite brown just before the one year warranty expired. It was immediately replaced upon request with another lovely 10 foot specimen. The crews in both cases were friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. The recent crew went above and beyond by removing any leaves that happened to turn brown, leaving a beautiful, green hedge. Clean-up was immaculate. We trimmed about 6 inches off the tops in the fall, as the trees had been in the ground for one year, and this pruning was recommended to encourage growth. Thank you, Cedar Guys!

Gloria in Cookstown
Gloria in Cookstown
2 reviews Burlington, ON

We had The Cedar Guys plant a cedar hedge along the fence line at our pool in Cookstown, ON.

Thank you Matt for your professional advice and attention to detail. It has been a pleasure dealing with you and with your wonderful crew Terry, Paula and Mike. The cedars were planted by your crew yesterday (November 25, 2016), the perfect time of year to plant cedars, and they already look beautiful! Very healthy plants and are the perfect addition to our landscape. We are extremely pleased with your customer service and look forward to possible future projects.
Thank you again Cedar Guys, Newmarket, ON.

Cedar hedging

Very happy with the gorgeous trees that arrived for cedar hedging in our backyard. Communication through email was fantastic re questions that I had. This really meant a lot to me. Job was done quickly, neatly and pleasantly!! Their website is terrific.

1 review Aylmer, ON

Cedar hedge

The Cedar Guys from beginning to end did a great job ie: response times answering emails to planting the hedge. It looks great now and will look awesome once it "grows up".