Trehane Carpentry Inc

Reviews for Trehane Carpentry Inc

P P.
P P.
1 review Ottawa, ON

Reconstruction of front two story Veranda

The veranda has been well constructed with attention to detail from start to finish. We are very pleased with the finished product.

Was a pleasure to work with both of you as well. I think the porch looks fantastic and is now safe to use

P. B.
P. B.
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Complete renovation of a condo

We had a major reno on our newly purchased condo a few months ago (two bathrooms, kitchen, flooring, painting and some alterations on walls and cupboards). We chose Trehane Carpentry in large part because of the helpful professional advice from their estimator, Sean, and the owner, Dave Ennor.

This was not an easy reno: the elevator was out of commission for three weeks so working material, tools, waste, etc. had to be carried up and down the stairs and kitchen cabinets and heavy appliances could not be brought up on schedule. The concrete floor had to be ground down in places to level the surface for the new hardwood flooring. We had to move in because the sale on our previous residence closed while the reno was still underway.

During all of this, the Trehane crew chief, Jeff, and his crew were courteous, flexible and resourceful in adjusting to the delays. They were always open to our comments and tried to satisfy our concerns. The electrical, plumbing and tiling subcontractors did very good work, with special mention for Kelly Konig and her painting team. As always in renovations, there have been glitches and retouching required but Dave has been very conscientious about attending to them. He really cares about doing a good job and satisfying his customers. We have no hesitation in recommending Trehane Carpentry.

This was our first major reno and I would have some advice for others like us: prepare a detailed layout plan for switches, outlets, b/b heaters, alterations, etc. because change orders cause delays and extra costs; go over the initial contract and any change orders with Trehane in detail to understand how and when work will proceed; be very specific about the material and accessories to be purchased and make sure they are available in-store because delivery delays can set back work for a week or more; be available to discuss and okay any changes that have to be made during the working day, so that things do not get slowed down.

You, and your wife were a pleasure to work for Pierre. Your place is looking great! If there is anything we can do to help out in the future, don't hesitate to call.

Brad in Kanata
Brad in Kanata
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Make Sure You Get Everything In Writing

Invoice said "run outlets, switches, and lights". Later when I said that was supposed to be a recessed outlet and dimmer switch, they said no, I didn't say that. My word against their word. After arguing, they finally agreed to install them, but it would be two weeks to get the parts. I said I would do it myself. Lesson learned, get every detail in writing. Asked for a proper receipt that showed the amount paid to Trehane for extra work. After arguing, the owner agreed to give me a proper receipt. Workmanship is fine. Paperwork and customer relations need to be improved.

I'm sorry your disappointed in the process Brad. To say you didn't get a receipt is false however. As outlined in our contract signing, we use the contract which has 3 payments laid out as the final receipt. And when you requested another receipt it was provided prior to the second payment.
The second portion about the dimmer and recessed outlet was also discussed and written down as "declined by client". Even though there was a misunderstanding to that, we said we would eat that cost and install it. My apologies to the wait time provided of 5-7 business days as the recessed outlet was on back order. There was never an argument about it, things had to be clarified however so a discussion had to be conducted.

As was mentioned to you, we are more than happy to install these 2 items at our cost for you. Just let us know.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your finished space, and we apologize that this minor misunderstanding soured you on your completed basement

stevemc
stevemc
1 review Ottawa, ON

Basement renovation and powder room installation

Having never renovated a basement or installed a powder room, I was a little apprehensive but soon after the job began, I realized that this team was willing to work with me in all aspects of the job. When I had decided on the plans being a certain way, they made recommendations which not only made better sense, but also ended up giving me more room. The team was professional throughout the process and each trade (electrical, plumbing, etc.) would discuss with me, prior to beginning the work, what they felt was the best way to move forward. I am very happy with the final product, would highly recommend Trehane Carpentry Inc. to friends and family, and have since had them back for smaller jobs.

Thanks Steve. You were a pleasure to work for and with.

melaniegriggs45
melaniegriggs45

Complete bathroom do-over.

All items in the bathroom were removed - claw foot bathtub, vanity, some useless cabinet above the toilet, tiles from walls and floor. Walls also were taken down. A new walk-in shower, vanity, medicine cabinet and new floor tiles were installed.
The bathroom looks amazing. The installer ran into a number of snags, as it is a very old house, but solved each problem. A wonderful job with explanations to me every step of the way.

Glad we could get your bathroom Reno done on schedule even with the snags we ran into

Caroland B.
Caroland B.
2 reviews Russell, ON

Bathroom renovations

Renovation on upstairs shower (replace old corner with full). Also reno to add shower in family room bathroom constructing walls, drain etc. Work was done well..All small issues looked after..Employees respectful, clean and knowledgeable.

You two made it easy to do your Reno. And took care of the guys very well. Call us back any time

Barbara C.
Barbara C.
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Painting of entire home.

The painters (Kelly & Trevor) painted our bungalow in 3.5 days. They were so pleasant to deal with and took great care with our home.

It was a pleasure working with you from the moment we came to see the job, until the final sign off.

Lori
Lori
1 review Carleton Place, ON

Bathroom tub and surrond

It was excellent work done by Sean he was very knowledgeable, friendly and a neat job. I'd also like to thank Dave for convincing me to not take out the window I just love It! Overall VERY satisfied and impressed and I know who I'll get for my kitchen counters thanks to you both

I'm happy you kept that window too. Really keeps the room looking bright.

Morrow F.
Morrow F.
1 review Ottawa, ON

Bathtub, tile and floor installation

From the start we were impressed! Everything, from initial consult to final product was thorough and professional. Sean was friendly, efficient, knowledgeable and respectful of our home and the work. The tiling looks amazing and the attention to detail is evident! Would have them back in the future for other projects!

Thanks Leslie, it all turned out beautifully. I'm glad you're happy

More about Trehane Carpentry Inc

t Trehane Carpentry Inc. we listen carefully to your renovation plans and will help you shape them for cost-effectiveness for you. Trehane Carpentry Inc. covers the entire Ottawa-Gatineau area, including much of Eastern Ontario, from Kanata to Orleans, from Chelsea to Manotick, from Nepean to Cumberland. Contact us to execute your renovation project and increase the value of your home. We have great performance skills, and the result is great results, offering you competitive value plus customer care to bring you the results you want. We consider ethics, honesty, integrity, professional quality work, customer satisfaction, and reasonable prices the hallmarks of our service. Trehane Carpentry Inc. works with only the most respected professionals in the industry,each team member has over two decades of experience in home renovation and construction.