The Boiler Guys

Toronto ON M2P 2A9

Reviews for The Boiler Guys

Fantastic service

The Boiler Guys rescued me by providing an emergency service, then cost effectively resolved other HVAC issues, as if I was a long time premium customer. This is one of the rare companies that do not take advantage of you, that show generousity, going over and beyond to take care of you.

Thanks Dave! It was great to service you!

yosie7
yosie7
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

ductless air conditioner install

Really disappointed in this company after using them twice and was happy with them before. They told me me they could install the ductless A/C system no problem. Did not discuss any difficulty with the work before or during. Complained after paying in full and was attacked for doing so and asking them to fix. They refused to discuss any options that would satisfy me or even compromised. They even refused to answer my call and only could use email to argue my position respectfully! See photos

Anyone reading this email, please contact us as we would be glad to provide you with the email trail that shows how we have offered solutions to appease this customer. We now know why contractors walk away from customers like this. Yosie agreed to the service, we completed the ductless successfully, all up to code, all wires secured and she paid and signed the invoice. The next day she called us wanting the lineset covered outside her place. We offered her two solutions, one was we can put a covers on which is extra or paint the wires for no charge, a paint of her choice that she provides. She refused to proceed and all of sudden her story started to change in every email, for example, she didnt approve of the location when she was there during the install, she didnt approve of the unit after she put down a deposit, she tried to blame us that it is affecting her curb appeal when you cant even see the wires from the street. This made us realize that we should not trust her intentions as she kept coming up with false statements, her make belief story was getting greater with threats. This maybe due to the fact that she does not want to pay extra for the covers. Note that this was a difficult installt to begin with and we did a perfect job. We did our best to service this customer however when we experience a situation where the customer becomes unreasonable, does not cooperate with the company but rather interested to fight them no matter what given solution, it is best to get everything in writing. As far as we are concerned the installation was full and complete and paid. We told her that we will communicate with her through email to try to best appease her. Here she decides to defame us by stating otherwise. Any contractors - beware of this customer, we also have a right to refuse customers who are not willing to cooperate. We have many happy customers that we value and we are greatful for you as you can see our great reviews below. Good luck to you Yosie, you have lost a good company to work with. It is important to value good contractors and we proud to say that we are one of the best in Ontario and we know it. If we know a customer is unsatisfied with our work, rest assured we will do whatever we can to ensure they are happy and we have many customers rooting for us! However hindsight is 20/20, we regret to have serviced you.

1 review St. Catharines, ON

Great service furnace installation

I've worked with a lot of contractors and when things don't go as planned, there are usually tempers flaring, swearing, alot of banging, and in the end a job done, but its not pretty.
Not with the boiler guys, these guys know thier stuff.
They just worked out the issues and carried on like it was a normal installation. Super friendly, knowledgeable, and followed health and safety for not only themselves but for the others in the house. I'm very happy, and warm. Thanks boiler guys for caring and doing a great job.

Thank you very much for the review! :)

C from Toronto
C from Toronto

Needed a new Boiler

Wow, my reno is done and I have time to sit and breathe again. What a whirlwind. This was my first big project and I was super worried about getting everything right. I didn't have room for error....
I researched the people working on the job and boy did it pay off!

I called The Boiler Guys to stop by and give me a quote, I initially spoke with Tina and she said Alex was in the area already and could stop by in 45 mins. Awesome!!! I met Alex and really liked how open and honest he was about everything. He sat at my table and listened to what I wanted done, listened to my fears and then gave me a plan!

We coordinated a time that fit perfectly with all of the other things happening for the reno and he and his team came to start the process.
I chose a combi-boiler, Tina helped with tips on how to cancel the existing water tank and it was done without a glitch. She also listened patiently as I had moments of fear during the process of this reno. They were great!

As they were installing the boiler, I kept adding jobs to their list of tasks...I decided it would make sense to bring my gas line inside. Alex was able to do that and it was done working along side my contractor so that everything going forward would flow perfectly.

Then I decided that I wanted two new radiators installed...no problem their either....Alex knew exactly which ones to install, ran the new lines and again, gave me a timeline that worked with everything else that was going on...

Did i have a few hiccups, of course, its a reno...given the lay out of my home, once they had vented the boiler, i realized that I didn't like the location...not a problem...Alex gave me a few alternatives, and we changed it. It's so easy to work with them, and I appreciated it, given my schedule, my nerves about the whole project and my timeline.

With everything I had done, it ended up being a bigger project than expected, and they were there to help me work out any glitches that came with the new install. I purchased a thermostat that didn't work well. It broke, on a weekend....I called Alex, he was away...one of his team members, came, assessed the issue, and fixed it that very same day.

Just last week, I had my first boiler cleaning...I'm used to the new system, the phone calls from me are much less, and I am so thankful that they took the time to really educate me on everything I needed to know.

It can be a scary thing to do major projects when your level of experience is so low, but Alex, Tina and the rest of The Boiler Guys team, were awesome and made it so easy.

I know that I will be able to call on them if ever I need anything and that they will do whatever they can to help me as soon as they can.

I'm so glad I chose them to do the work. I know that they will be there in future if I need them. That is a great way to run a business, and a great way to treat their customers.

thanks to the Boiler Guys!!!

Thank you so much for the kind words :) It was a pleasure to work with you! It was such a pleasure to service your home!

Amanda
Amanda

Excellent Service

We are so happy that we chose to work with Alex, Tina and their crew on our renovation! We have an older home and really wanted to keep our radiant heating system. They helped us to reconfigure three radiators, install a towel rack rad, install a kick board heater, an even helped with our gas stove. They were patient and understanding about our renovation delays and stayed in touch to schedule all pieces of this complex job. Thank you!

Thank you Amanda! It was a pleasure to service your home! Looking forward to installing your towel warmer :)

Susan D in Toronto
Susan D in Toronto

Help! The Water Heater is Leaking!

Called The Boiler Guys at 4:30pm on the Friday of the Thanksgiving long weekend. Left a message stating our water tank was leaking badly and we needed help. Within 15 minutes Tina from the office called back, she was amazing, so helpful and completly understanding and very calm. She called Alex, the tech man who was in his truck on his way home to come back, he did, he picked up a new water tank and was in our house within an 1-1/2 installing a new tank. He worked so hard and explained everything he was doing. The Boiler Guys saved us from what could have been a disastrous weekend. Tina you're the best. It was a pleasure dealing with you. Thank you so much.

Thank you Susan! It was our pleasure! We are happy it all went well! Thank you for the review!

Steve M in Toronto
Steve M in Toronto

Replaced water heater and boiler with a new combi system

Thank you Alex and your team for all you help with my new system. Finding someone I trusted to fix heating issues I had was no easy task ... thankfully I found the Boiler guys. Alex took the time to explain and address all steps of the process. Tina was unbelievabley helpful with coordinating all of this ... couldn't be happier and more satisfied. Thank you again .... Steve M.

Replace Boiler and Hot Water Tank

From start to finish The Boiler Guys made this upgrade a delightful experience. Top notch service on all fronts.

I can't say enough about Alex Genzer and his team at The Boiler Guys. They were patient with my queries and taught me a lot about the inner workings of hydronics. TBG designed and implemented the most efficient and cost effective system for our family's needs.

Arriving on time (and a few days earlier than originally scheduled) Alex and his team worked in a professional and focused style which resonated with my work ethic.

The front line team of Ms. Tina and Ms. Victoria were polite, well informed and professional throughout.

Hot water and radiant heat are in full swing once again in East York.

Thank you Alex and everyone at The Boiler Guys.

I highly recommend

Thank you!It was a pleasure to service your home!!

Annual Boiler Heating System Inspection

I contacted The Boiler Guys to conduct my annual heating / boiler / radiator system inspection - they inspected, cleaned and tested the system all for a very reasonable price. Thank you for the excellent work.

Thank you for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure to service your home.