The Boiler Guys

Reviews for The Boiler Guys

Chris & Kelly in Toronto
Chris & Kelly in Toronto

Boiler fix

Can't say enough about how great Alex and Tina were. Responded to my email sunday night, were in my home and had my heat back on by Monday afternoon - fixing the boiler instead of having to replace it, like the other guys told me. Alex knew the mechanics of the boiler so well he was able to diagnose and repair the issue immediately. Highly recommend.

AH
AH

Whole home Radiant Floors and Space Pak

Alex and team are the consummate professionals and their knowledge and expertise in second to none! I've been speaking with Alex and team for over 2 years since before my project began and they've been a tremendous help along the way. They immediately put me at ease and explained in detail the installation and science behind the radiant heating system and the space pak cooling system. Most importantly, they directed me to ensure I was saving money and coming within budget. Their pricing and service is fair and reasonable and given that they are experts in this field, you get what you pay for! Quality, experience and expertise every step of the way. I recommend The Boiler Guys for any HVAC project! They are the best!

bobby in North York
bobby in North York

boiler Service

had boiler serviced and was extremely happy with the service.
techs were helpful and knowledgeable compared to previous company i dealt with. Thanks to Alli and suhaib i am more informed on my appliance and somethings i should be aware of in the near future.
relief valves.expansion tank. water feed and annual cleaning of my heat ex-changer to prolong my boiler life. Thanks again boiler guys. :)

Alex in Toronto
Alex in Toronto

Needed boiler serviced, did not repair

I contacted The Boiler Guys recently to come in and assess a few problems I had been having with my boiler--intermittent heat output in certain areas, difficulty maintaining pressure, etc. The responsiveness of the boiler guys was great, came next day, but their repair service was subpar. Based on my experience, The Boiler Guys were overpriced and not thorough, maybe they have better techs but I would not recommend.

The tech came, looked at my boiler and said it could potentially be a leak anywhere so keep an eye on things, and was prepared to charge me $250 with no work done and still problems. He then (as he was about to leave) thought of checking the pressure relief valve which he said he had forgotten to check. He found that the valve had gone bad and said he would replace it for $200; I agreed since I wanted it fixed and didn't know at the time it was only a $20 part... He replaced the valve and left.

Then my boiler pressure started going extremely high so there was obviously another problem. When I called The Boiler Guys back, the head tech told me the issue was probably with the expansion tank. Why did the tech who serviced my boiler fail to check the tank at any point while at my house? He had also noticed that the pressure was too high before leaving and had all of the same info firsthand. On top of that, the tank was very obviously waterlogged (a clear sign the tank has gone bad).

They quoted me another $450 to replace this tank. As $1,000 seemed like a lot for maybe 1 hour of work and $150 worth of parts, I did not get them to do the 2nd job. The tank had indeed gone bad, I ended up researching and replacing it myself for the cost of the part ($100).

We serviced and diagnosed your boiler correctly. Our prices are reasonable and in line with the rest of the industry. While at your location we also feel we went above and beyond by having our lead tech call you and diagnose your expansion tank over the phone and you agreed you will monitor it first and call us if it needed to be changed. Instead you ran to homestars to cry over prices. Please understand we are professional business with insurance, vehicles and employees and overhead and we cannot install and work for free therefore a 20.00 part is not 20.00.

Linda
Linda

was skeptical when I saw all the 10 star ratings, but now I understand why

Our boiler started dripping like crazy - an overflowing bucket overnight. Last year we had the competition come by 3x and they emptied out the overflow tank and said that was it - then summer came so we did not know the boiler was still broken. Then fall came and we turned on the furnace. Someone recommended the exact same guys as last year, but I figured, that would be useless so called the boiler guys since I heard their ad on the radio and saw all the 10 star ratings on homestars. Tina responded quickly to my call and sent a technician. Ali the technician came by and got the dripping to stop (replaced a valve and another part). All good, until he left and the radiators would not heat up. Called Tina again, and this time she sent Alex. Who is Alex? The owner? His name seems to come up in almost all the Homestars review as "Alex and team". Well, if Alex is not the owner, he should be. He looked over our boiler and figured out another piece was not working. He got if fixed quickly (humming a tune all the way - sounds like someone who likes his job!). Now 4 days later, the boiler is working like a charm. The price was a bit more than I expected, but I was gauging based on last year's company - but considering that the Boiler Guys actually DID fix the problem, it was worth every penny!

Adam in North York
Adam in North York

Boiler cleaning

Had the boiler guys over for my service. Guys were super friendly and knowledgeable. The guys showed me what my boiler looked like from the inside and it was really bad. My previous contractors nevered went so in-depth and that's why they will no longer get my business.
Thanks again guys. See you next season.

Thanks Adam! It was a pleasure servicing your home.

Lisa in North York
Lisa in North York

Boiler Servicing

Really happy with their service! I called the Boiler Guys to for an annual service cleaning and they were very professional and knowledgeable. They were happy to answer all of my questions and put me at ease immediately. Will definitely call them again. Thanks Boiler Guys!

Thank you Lisa! It was a pleasure servicing your home.

Fantastic service

The Boiler Guys rescued me by providing an emergency service, then cost effectively resolved other HVAC issues, as if I was a long time premium customer. This is one of the rare companies that do not take advantage of you, that show generousity, going over and beyond to take care of you.

Thanks Dave! It was great to service you!

yosie7
yosie7
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

ductless air conditioner install

Really disappointed in this company after using them twice and was happy with them before. They told me me they could install the ductless A/C system no problem. Did not discuss any difficulty with the work before or during. Complained after paying in full and was attacked for doing so and asking them to fix. They refused to discuss any options that would satisfy me or even compromised. They even refused to answer my call and only could use email to argue my position respectfully! See photos

NOTE: Homestars does not investigate properly but claim they do. We have evidence.
Anyone reading this email, please contact us as we would be glad to provide you with the email trail that shows how we have offered solutions to appease this customer. Yosie agreed to the service, we completed the ductless successfully, all up to code, all wires secured and she paid and signed the invoice. She asked for more work, its was not in the original quote or discussion, she refused to pay, instead she slanders us. We hope you do not do this to another company. We have regret to have serviced you.

Private User reviews St. Catharines, ON

Great service furnace installation

I've worked with a lot of contractors and when things don't go as planned, there are usually tempers flaring, swearing, alot of banging, and in the end a job done, but its not pretty.
Not with the boiler guys, these guys know thier stuff.
They just worked out the issues and carried on like it was a normal installation. Super friendly, knowledgeable, and followed health and safety for not only themselves but for the others in the house. I'm very happy, and warm. Thanks boiler guys for caring and doing a great job.

Thank you very much for the review! :)

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Toronto?