Murphy's Masonry

Reviews for Murphy's Masonry

Clayton
Clayton

Front Porch - New Concrete

Needed to have my front porch removed and lay new concrete. The price was consistent with the other quotes. Murphy's was accomodating as they were going to start after about 6 weeks. We had requested that they try to fit us in before and they actually managed to start the job about 2 weeks later. They did a great job overall. The quality looks good, we'll have to see how it holds up. Taryn was great in terms of communication. Very transparent, what was quoted is what was delivered. The guys doing the job were good too. Very professional and highly recommended.

Thank you!

Cynthia  in York
Cynthia in York

Completely Reparging Inside Basement Walls

I received at least 7 - 8 quotes from $2,000 - $15,000 to have my 120 year old rubble foundation walls reparged. So confusing! I had a company hired for $8,000, when he stopped communicating. That's when I did in depth research to know what was required to do a good job and what that would cost. I learned new parging will not stick to paint, so removing the old painted parging was crucial. Also a rubble wall is very sandy, so the bolted wire mesh gives the new parging something to attach to securely. Many companies were just going to reparge over the existing parging that still stuck without installing wire mesh. I realized it was a pricier job to have the old cracked parging removed, cover all the walls with bolted on wire mesh for good adhesion of the 2 - 3 new parge coats. I also had the parge mix dyed with a white powder, to have light gray walls without ever having to deal with the paint eventually flaking due to the moisture in any basement. Ruairi and Taryn were always a pleasure to communicate with answering all my questions, promptly and honestly. Chris, Tristan and Patrick were fun to interact with and did wonderful work. They went above and beyond what I expected! They were detailed in covering the furnace and water heater, disconnected my washer, dryer and even the laundry tub to move and cover ensuring proper coverage on the walls behind those items. A long, drain pipe bolted to the wall was delicately rehung away from the wall and bolted back in place. Chris asked me to look everything over to tell him where I would like any touch ups. They installed a new dryer hose and returned twice to ensure the reconnected drain for the laundry tub no longer leaked. This company treats you like you're part of their caring family!

Thank you so much Cynthia, it was such a pleasure!!

-Ruairi

Ryan in Toronto
Ryan in Toronto

Heritage brick restoration

We worked with Murphy’s Masonry to 1) tuckpoint the front of our heritage home and 2) repair our brick staircase. Getting the project done was not as smooth as it could have been, but they came back multiple times to address the deficiencies and to make sure the work was done properly.

Thanks Ryan!
Ruairi

Gavin in Etobicoke
Gavin in Etobicoke

Repairing brick stairs

I contacted Murphy's Masonry to repair my unsafe brick and stone steps, as they had gotten damaged from the freeze-thaw cycle, and my attempts to repair them made things worse. I got a prompt visit and quote from Ruari, who was very pleasant and professional.

Rob and Padraig came out to do the work, and they were extremely nice. They found that things were much worse than anticipated, but they worked like professionals, showed up early both days and kept my property very clean, and I was charged exactly what I was quoted. When I had questions about the bill, Ruari answered them promptly and courteously.

Taryn, the Office Manager, is also great to work with. She is very pleasant and was very quick to answer any questions!

I will absolutely work with them in the future!

Thank you so much Gavin. I mean it when I say you are a pleasure to work with! Warm Regards, Taryn

Ken in Mississauga
Ken in Mississauga

Front porch walls and pillars rebuild

Original brick walls and pillars were breaking down and required replacement. Contacted Murphy’s for an estimate to replace with natural stone. I am very happy with the finished work. The work was performed in a quality manner and was completed on a timely basis.

Thank you so much Ken!

Mike
Mike

Masonry work

We had them tuckpoint and parge the exterior walls of our house to prepare it for painting.

You sure did! Thanks!

neilm
neilm

Brick replacement, repair and parging

I had Murphy’s Masonary come by last week to do some brick repair and replacement at the front of my house. Chris and Tristan came by early to start the work while I was out but took the initiative to ask one of my neighbors to use their external power supply, a great start in my opinion, most contractors I ‘ve had in the past would use this as an excuse to come back another day. They guys were a pleasure to have working on the house, ensured that the neighbors were protected from any dust and did a thorough job cleaning up after themselves. This particular job was essentially a small emergency repair but there is quite a lot of work that we needs to get done on the remaining brick and I won’t hesitate in calling Ruairi and his team back. Very happy with the work so far.

Thank you Neil!!

tuttles1976
tuttles1976
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Rebuild chimney

Rauiri and his team were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. They were punctual, friendly and very professional. They did a fantastic job from start to finish. We are very pleased with the final product! I highly recommend Murphy's!

Thank you so Much Sherryl!!!!

Amazing guys, amazing work

Rob and Patrick were a delight to see every day. Not only were they reliable, but they cared about my happiness with the work and despite my nit-picky-ness, they made changes as they came with a smile and reassurance that the job wasn't right until I was satisfied. They are both professionals and perfectionists.

I would recommend them 100% and use them again without hesitation.
All the best guys!!

Stephanie

Thank you so much!!!

cmjohal
cmjohal

Repairing flagstone walkways

The team did an amazing job - such hard workers with great personalities! Would gladly have them back for any future masonry work requires and would highly recommend. So happy with how it all turned out!

Thank you so much!!

More about Murphy's Masonry

Murphy's Masonry is a total package residential and commercial masonry contractor servicing the GTA. Our mission is to supply our customers with top quality services at a competitive price. To develop relationships with our clients and our employees that are based on honesty, commitment and loyalty. We will collaborate with you from the beginning phases of your project to the end.