I hired Steve of Posh Finishing at the beginning of summer to do some renovations for the kitchen, 2 bathrooms, laundry room, oak stairs and general house renovations. I was told it would take 4 weeks. After 3 months, the job was still not complete. We terminated the contract. With closer inspection of the work done that was done revealed many flaws and very poor workmanship. Here are some examples:
- The bathroom tiles were unevenly installed. Some tiles are sunken in, some tiles are sticking out.
- Tiles installed without spacers.
- Sloppy wall framing resulted in corners that were not square.
- Unsafe wiring of the bathroom ventilation fan. The wires were right next to the water pipes.
- Painting the walls without sanding them first.
- Rework of the drain pipes resulted in a leak and drywall damage.
- Rework of plumbing resulted in unprofessional looking pipes work (e.g., sticking out at odd angles).
- Washing machine pipes installed incorrectly, resulting in a leak.
- Kitchen counter was ordered too big. Could not fit the stove back in.
- Oak steps were not cut properly, resulting in steps protruding too far.
- A lot of knicks and scratches to the existing floors and walls, very careless of the house.
I would NOT recommend this contractor. Stay far away unless you want sloppy unprofessional work.