Urbanest Construction

Reviews for Urbanest Construction

Amy in Toronto
Amy in Toronto

Won’t return deposit

I met with Marko from Urbanest to do some renovations on my home in the fall of 2019. At the time he came recommended by a friend whose house he was working on. We agreed on a budget and price. I gave him a $5000. Deposit plus hst.

Within two weeks he defaulted on the work on my friend’s house - angry tradesmen showed up at her house demanding to be paid because they had not been paid by the contractor, Marko.

I wrote Marko to say that I could not in good faith proceed with the work and he promised to refund my deposit. I have yet to see that money. I have written him attempting to come up with a payment plan but so far, nothing.

Hi Amy, Thank you very much for your review.

With regards to the project at your friend’s house, yes we did experience some delays during the project which unfortunately had pushed the finish date forward quite a bit, but we certainly did not default on it. We made every effort to see the project right through to the end, even with the looming first wave of lock-downs due to COVID-19. We have fully completed the project and are quite proud of the final product as we hope the client is as well.

Because I was working on your friend’s home, you reached out to me to quote a renovation project on your home. You approved the budget provided and as stated, provided a deposit prior to the commencement of the project. I received notice from you just a week before we were to begin the project letting me know that you wished to cancel our contract. At that time, it was agreed upon that I would reimburse you for the entire amount of the deposit provided. We both agreed on how and when these funds would be repaid and to this date, I have upheld my side of that agreement. We have been in contact since the termination of your contract and at no point have I not responded to your requests.

It would have been a pleasure to work on your project, however, I did completely understand why you wished to terminate our contract. I sincerely hope that you’ve been able to complete your renovation and are happy with the results.

Sincerest Regards,

President & Creative Director

Urbanest Construction

Home addition

Marko and the Urbanest Construction team are a pleasure to work. They helped us to navigating through city permits, and even represented us on community of adjustment. He handled all city inspections up to completion, also handling minor change requests arisen, coordinated soil inspection as per city request and even unforeseen challenges like our garage not having any foundation and requiring underpinning. Very responsive, always available for a phone call and prompt to solve any issue that came during the renovation. The finishings used in our house were outstanding and gorgeous. They mantra comes with "we want to make you happy" is followed by heart, and even though they were not able to finish the project on time, our house became so beautiful, it has everything we ever dreamt of. Thanks Marko and Urbanest to make our dream come true.

Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review. It has truly been a pleasure to work with you both on this project. We have been on a very, very long journey from the application of the permit, establishing design and execution. The final product is something we are extremely proud of as I am sure you are as well. I hope you many years of enjoyment in your new space.

0 reviews Milton, ON

Family room redo

Complete redesign for family room fireplace/ and tv location. Custom built storage and shelving and looks incredible and gets lots of compliments from visitors. We love it

It was honestly a pleasure working with you. You trusted our design recommendations and it turned out great! I hope everyone is enjoying the space.

John T.
John T.

Reno a bathroom/adding a new bathroom and walk-in closet

One of the main reasons we picked Urbanest construction as we felt Marko would be a good communicator.....we were correct. We were updated and questions were asked typically on a daily basis....in person most days.
No matter what happened throughout the project, we always felt we are taken care of.
Our new and reno’ed bathrooms look spectacular with a few special effects/additions from Marko that we had not thought about. Marko has a good eye for design and will make sure the project works together.
The budget in our case never changed from day one. Marko prides himself of not adding costs unless absolutely necessary on major unforeseen circumstances.
Marko is a hard working, honest and responsible general contractor. I would have no problem in recommending Urbanest Construction.

Thank you for the great review John, it was a real pleasure working with the two of you on this project. We certainly hope you're enjoying your new space. It truely speaks to your style.

Ada
Ada

Bathroom, railings inside and outside, windows, partial basement, kitchen counter

Marko is professional, response time is quick, listens and makes great suggestions. Gets things done right.

Thank you Ada, it certainly was a pleasure working with you. It was also a pleasure eating your daughters cheesecakes :D We cannot wait to order more.

We hope to see you again soon,

Nikki A.
Nikki A.

Wall removal, kitchen renovation

I had been wanting to renovate my main floor for years but was always hesitant to get started. The job would require removing a load bearing wall; the thought of that alone stressed me out. I had talked to other contractors in my area and they would tell me the job couldn't be done or that it would cost me double what I had budgeted. No one wanted to think outside of the design box, except Marko. I contacted Marko and discussed the scope of work and my concerns based on what I had been told during previous meetings. We arranged a meeting and after checking out my space he assured me what I wanted done, could in fact be done and for a reasonable price. Marko created an open concept living space complete with a brand new kitchen that has changed how I feel about living in this house - I actually enjoy cooking in my kitchen now! I can happily entertain friends and family without feeling cramped or like my guests are on top of each other. The space is finally functional and to say I am happy with the end result would be an understatement. The process was long and strenuous as I anticipated it would be and as is expected when living through a major renovation, but Marko was calm, cool and professional all along the way. He listened to my wants and needs and with his keen eye for design and attention to detail, he worked with me to create the space I have so longed for. Some days, especially the ones when I was losing my sanity and blowing up his phone with text messages, I'm surprised he didn't fire me. Instead, he always talked me down and assured me things would be fine and it would be worth it in the end. It was. Thanks Marko! Looking forward to phase two!

We are so happy to know you're loving your space. This kitchen was one of our favorites. You trusted us with the design and it turned out great! Now it's ready to entertain.

stephanie.hanchar in Etobicoke
stephanie.hanchar in Etobicoke
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Office space created

I wanted an office on the main floor since I work from home a lot. I decided that the best solution was divide our very long dining / living room and use the living room as an office. (Cause who uses a living room anyways).

Worked with Marko to find the best solution which allowed the light to come Into the dining room but still gave me my cozy space for working. I love my new offfice space. Marko has beautiful taste and executed the design perfectly! Thank you Marko. Love my new office space.

It was such a pleasure to work with and to create your own with space and thak you for the lovely compliment. It was a bit of a challenge, but the final product looks and works perfectly with the existing space.

hendersont18
hendersont18

Master Bath

Marko is what many trades are not these days. Delivers quality work for a fair price, courteous and conscientious! I would definitely recommend his company and have him help us with our next project!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It was truly a pleasure getting to work with you. You have such a keen eye for design and made this project a memorable one. I hope you enjoy showing your amazing new bathroom.

craig_996
craig_996

New Stairs, Laundry cabinet and sink, addition of new side door to outside, electrical panel upgrade.

Old stairs were removed and new stairs were installed up to code. A Laundry room cabinet and sink was installed with all the plumbing and an extra drain in the floor for the washer and dryer. An opening was made at the side of the house for another door to go outside. The electrical panel was upgraded from 100A to 200A service. Marko was very knowledgeable about the building code and what needed to be done to have everything correct. Anything he was not able to do to his own standards, he got a professional to do. (The electrical panel was done by an electrician.) He was always in a good mood and had a professional attitude.

Thank you for the nice review Craig, it was a pleasure working with you. I hope everyone is enjoying the renovations.

Kpong68
Kpong68

Winerack

Amazing job. Love my new winerack. Professional job. I designed the wine rack and Marko and his time made it exactly how I wanted

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your beautiful new wine rack. You definitely have a great eye for design and it was a pleasure working with you.

More about Urbanest Construction

Urbanest Construction is a design-build company with over 10 years of experience in residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial construction. With a focus on building trust with clients combined with a vast knowledge of existing and new construction materials, practices, trends, and designs, Urbanest Construction strives to bring a personal touch and extreme attention to detail on each and every project.

To separate ourselves from the pack, Urbanest Construction takes a turnkey approach to all projects; large or small. Handing back your property completed on time, on budget and live in ready is our goal. The attention is in the details, and through comprehensive site meetings and design consultations, we are able to ensure that our clients best interests come first.