West Coast Tile And Design

Tile & Stone Contractors
844 Pembroke Street Victoria BC V8T 1H9
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Contractors in Victoria  >  West Coast Tile And Design

Review for West Coast Tile And Design

844 Pembroke Street
Victoria
BC
V8T 1H9

I received a written quote and references from Don prior to starting the job. I told him what type of tile I was using, the work required, et cetera. After asking for a cash advance, he walked off the job without finishing it. He said that I never told him it was glass tile and that he didn't realize how much work it was going to be. I did tell him but he did not listen to me. Don told me that he was on medication, so I am assuming that was why he did not remember what we had discussed. He told me when he was here that he had walked off of jobs before when he got angry about something. In this case, I believe that it was the fact that he had under-quoted the job due to his own lack of attention. He told me that he always get a cash advance part way through the work. He then asked for cash (which I reluctantly gave him to try and keep him on the job as I didn't want to have to find a new tile setter mid-job), packed up his tools, took the grout that I had paid for, and left saying he was returning on Monday. He never returned to my house and he wouldn't return my phone calls. I lodged a complaint with the BBB and they contacted him, but ultimately the BBB (and Don) did nothing to resolve the issue. Even though we are out about $500 and were left with a partially completed tile job, my husband said it was worth it just to have him out of our house. The whole situation was extremely unpleasant. I am writing this review because prior to hiring Don, I looked on the internet for reviews and could find none.